Why is Losman starting over Hambden?

Charles Romes

Finally something so irrational that it motivated me to make my first topic post. Season is over, no QB could play worse than JP the last 6 quarters, JP is a lame duck, Gibran needs the reps, we all need to see if he is at least back up material, losses are wins at this point in terms of draft stature.

Finally something so irrational that it motivated me to make my first topic post. Season is over, no QB could play worse than JP the last 6 quarters, JP is a lame duck, Gibran needs the reps, we all need to see if he is at least back up material, losses are wins at this point in terms of draft stature.

That's a good question? Read much?

I agree. like it or not, this IS preseason.

I don't disagree with the idea of letting Hamden play until Trent is ready again so they see what they have as a #2 next year, and future "fan choice" starter next year if Trent doesn't turn them around and they no longer have JP as an excuse/whipping boy.

But as for Losmans play, there might not be many QB's that have played worse, but I wouldn't say that Trent has played much better (minus the KC game) in the last couple weeks. Trent wasn't exactly lighting it up against the 49ers, or the Browns, or the Jets, or Dolphins, or Patriots, etc, etc, etc

It makes so much logical sense that the Bills coaching staff has not even thought of it. :wallbash:

Honestly, right now I think Van Pelt could get us more pts and run the offense more efficiently.

This coaching staff seems pretty clueless about most things. Like when the starting QB gets knocked out of the game and the back up QB enters the game you would think that the OC would simplify things and try and get the running game working to help the back up QB out. Instead the OC keeps calling passing plays like nothing has changed,clueless

Like when the Bills have a player so hot he rushes for 136+ yards on 16 carries for the first 3/4 of a game and then the

OC stops calling running plays in the 4th QTR,clueless.

At this point I keep hoping that someone on that coaching staff will wake the :wallbash: up and start utilizing the best players on offense in Lynch and Jackson instead of trying to make a back up player win the game.

My guess is that Dick is old school and thinks that if the other team has playoff implications on the line, you owe it to the other teams they're competing against to try your hardest to win. You don't play like it's pre season. I know Tom Landry said that in a similar situation once. A few weeks ago a reporter asked Mike Holmgren if since the Seahawks were out of it would he play subs and give guys a look. He said no, you play who you would be playing anyway. Those guys have worked hard and deserve to play and the team has to try to win.

Dick must believe that JP gives us the best chance to win.

I agree. like it or not, this IS preseason.

Yeah, that's the part the Bills management(?) can not admit - that THE SEASON IS OVER (thanks a lot), and we should be checking out players like Hamden for the near future.

"Running for the bus"??? Hell, yeah! Open your pants, and see what you've got!

Yeah, and why is George W. Bush starting over Sarah Palin?

Sure, Bush is better, has more experience and is more likely to give us a better outcome. And sure Bush is a lame duck.

But it would be better for the Republicans to see what they have with Palin.

Makes as much sense as the OP.

My guess is that Dick is old school and thinks that if the other team has playoff implications on the line, you owe it to the other teams they're competing against to try your hardest to win. You don't play like it's pre season. I know Tom Landry said that in a similar situation once. A few weeks ago a reporter asked Mike Holmgren if since the Seahawks were out of it would he play subs and give guys a look. He said no, you play who you would be playing anyway. Those guys have worked hard and deserve to play and the team has to try to win.

Then he should be fired just for that idiocy. We'd have a better chance with Jackson running the wildcat formation the whole game.

Because until we're mathematically eliminated you play the better QB. Right now that's JP in the opinion of the coaches. Sure they have a snowball chance in hell but a chance is a chance. Unless you're Wade Phillips.

GO BILLS!!!

Jauron is trying to save his job.

Good Point, Dick is stupid.

It really must be part of a Grand Conspiracy nothing else makes sense.

If Hamdan plays well and creates controversy, DJ has more of a problem with the qb's. His job can't withstand a qb controversy at this point so he has to start JP...who he knows, though may not admit it, is a failure. DJ is smart. smart enough to know he can't be wrong about another qb, so JP gets the nod. He is just praying that JP doesn't get hurt and Hamdan has to play.