It becomes more and more clear to me

Like A Mofo

I think the local tax payers would have to foot a major portion of the bill.

Of course they would, but in reality, what's the cost to the every man? You have to assume that the Stadium would be owned by Erie County, which has a populace of approximately 1.2 million people. A new stadium in the County would have to be categorized as a Public Improvement Project, so there would be some grant money involved, plus some money to be contributed by ownership. That set aside, you're looking at about $600 to $700 million that the County taxpayers would have to contribute. Typically, a congolmerate loan for a PIP comes with a commitment to a 30-year payback, at about 2.5% interest. If you work out the math, each of the 1.2 million taxpayers would need to chip in about $3 per month, which would be a 25-year payback.

Doesn't seem all that ridiculous, does it?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ummmm, no. You can't just take Dallas and NY and act as though that's the norm for the rest of the league. Teams like Baltimore, for example, charge $600 for a PSL and season tickets range from $60 to $160 per game. That's not unreasonable at all.

As for the luxury boxes, that has to be corporate money. Why do you think the Bills are playing games in Toronto, which is the largest source of corporate funds within a 200 mile radius?

Sure, if you like the view from Section 2952, Row VVVVVV, Seats 850-900 of the parking lot annex.

As of now, Ravens PSLs range from $750 up to $8,000. They are all sold. The PSL wait list is also sold out.

Ravens season ticket prices range from $450 up to $1,100.

Sure, if you like the view from Section 2952, Row VVVVVV, Seats 850-900 of the parking lot annex.

As of now, Ravens PSLs range from $750 up to $8,000. They are all sold. The PSL wait list is also sold out.

Ravens ticket prices range from $450 up to $1,100.

They dint really charge for a waiting list did they?

what ever happened to revenue sharing?

Luxury box money and PSL are not shared. That's what Ralph complains about. He doesn't cry poor. The money from the suites and PSL's are not shared but they do raise the cap. That is his chief complaint.

Wowwie wow wow wow. Guess I'm behind the times.

How's about this RR...You send me $100 bucks every month. In return I'll guarantee you a 50 yard line seat at the New Texas Stadium the next time the Bills come to town? Since I'm a caring individual I'll even throw in a day pass at Six Flags which is right next door.

Yes the Boston Red Socks Need a new stadium to win Championships.

How can you compare an uncapped league and a team like Boston in a bigger market to the Buffalo Bills?

and to the other posters point, sure we need a winning product on the field...but ill tell you what...look at a team like Arizona...look how long they were doormats...look how nice that stadium is....again, I am not saying we build a new stadium POOF, we have a winner...but the increased revenue generated for the Bills would be huge, and maybe Ralph can then stop bitching about 'money problems' and get us a big time coach etc..

And again, would you who have season tickets pay for the increases to get what you want?

They have newer suites & club seating areas. The rest of the stadium is in good shape. What is building a new stadium going to do for the Bills and the bigger question...who is going to pay for it?

The NFL has become a stadium building organization. 25 of the 32 NFL clubs have built or refurbished a stadium by the end of 2010. Building stadiums increases debt to value ratios, but raise team values as well. With the NFL becoming more corporate than blue collar these past 10 years, franchises will be pushed to build a new field, either publicly or privately finanaced.

Stadium: Estimated cost 800 million to 1 billion.

Not all stadiums go in that range. Jerry Jones' palace going for 1B doesn't mean all new parks are as well.

Ravens season ticket prices range from $450 up to $1,100.

So, in other words, PSLs start at $750 (whereas I said $600) and season tickets range from $60 to $160 per game?

Sounds like a situation most fans would like to have here. I'm pretty sure enough people would come up with the money to buy seats, especially since you only have to buy the PSL once.

It would also stand to reason that, since stadiums are being built to hold fewer individual seats and more space for luxury boxes, you couldn't possibly end up further from the field than you would be in the last row of the Ralph. And, believe me, it really isn't bad up there (if you can stand the drunken Canadiens that are constantly trying to get arrested). Does the Ralph have a row VVVVVVVVVVVV?

How can you compare an uncapped league and a team like Boston in a bigger market to the Buffalo Bills?

and to the other posters point, sure we need a winning product on the field...but ill tell you what...look at a team like Arizona...look how long they were doormats...look how nice that stadium is....again, I am not saying we build a new stadium POOF, we have a winner...but the increased revenue generated for the Bills would be huge, and maybe Ralph can then stop bitching about 'money problems' and get us a big time coach etc..

And again, would you who have season tickets pay for the increases to get what you want?

Do you really think that people in Buffalo can afford the ticket price increase? People bitched when the price of parking went up a few years back.

No thanks! RWS is fine as is. :wallbash:

The only thing that needs done to the Ralph is fix up the restrooms...they can add luxury boxes if need be...but beyond that, the area can't afford to build a new stadium. Considering all the money thrown into this one, it'd be stupid and wasteful to build a new one anytime soon.

Do you really think that people in Buffalo can afford the ticket price increase? People bitched when the price of parking went up a few years back.

and the WNY economy is in worse shape now than it was then, too. At least they cut the price increase in half for season ticket holders.

The bills cannot sell out the luxury boxes and seats that it has in its stadiums now and a new stadium is not going to help. Fans don't come to see the stadium its the product on the field. Free agents don't come to a team because the stadium the team has it is the salary and chance of winning a championship. The reason why owners always want new stadiums is because it increases the team's value at the tax payer's expense.

Zero Fortune 500 companies in area: FYI, even small market brethren have more Fortune 500 companies (Cincinnati 6, Milwaukee/Green Bay 6, New Orleans 2, Jacksonville 7) than rock bottom Buffalo.

Maybe you should look down the Thruway when thinking about large corporations in the area.

and who do you expect to pay $250,000 for a luxury box or $40,000 for a PSL or $200 per game? Because that is what these teams with new stadiums are charging.

Why not build an extravagant stadium near Niagara Falls and instead of having too many luxury boxes make the stadium capacity somewhere near 90K?

A new stadium is nothing more than dressing. What the Bills need is a winning team on the field. Put a consistent, winning team on the field; become a perennial playoff team and then you'll have all the fans and money you want. Building a new stadium doesn't make the team start winning. A real coaching staff might. The choice seems fairly easy to me.

I disagree somewhat. A new stadium doesn't guarantee a winning team, but it does help. My example is the Az. Cardinals. This team has the same crappy ownership and scouting it has always had. But ever since they built UOP Stadium, they are a different team. They are like 12-2 in the new building. And it's not just Kurt Warner. LAst year Leinart was the starter. The biggest reason is, the team is now playing in a Packed stadium, with vocal fans, every week.

Will that help the Bills? Probably not, since they already play in a packed stadium with vocal fans....

Why not build an extravagant stadium near Niagara Falls and instead of having too many luxury boxes make the stadium capacity somewhere near 90K?

I don't know what RWS charges for a luxury box, but I'm not sure that revenue from an extra 16,000 seats would be more than what one suite would bring in, unless PSL's were added in.