WOULDNT IT BE WISE....

Major Mud

Start Gibran Hamden, I mean, J.P., is gone after this season anyway, we are not making the playoffs, and the "loss man " led offense has racked up a whopping 6 points in 2 weeks!....whoa!, So really what is there to lose other then seeing what you have in this kid.....if T.E. cant go again next week, i say give him more reps with the first team in practice. How many of you agree?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Start Gibran Hamden, I mean, J.P., is gone after this season anyway, we are not making the playoffs, and the "loss man " led offense has racked up a whopping 6 points in 2 weeks!....whoa!, So really what is there to lose other then seeing what you have in this kid.....if T.E. cant go again next week, i say give him more reps with the first team in practice. How many of you agree?

I would agree that this has value...few things to consider though...

1. I get the impression that the FO is not sold on Trent as they once were and still are curious about JP...just a hunch, and I could be way off...but honestly, they just might want to see what he can do with some time in with the first unit...

2. We dont see Hamdan in practice, so maybe the staff sees more from JP and believes JP gives us the best chance to win, and right now, the staff needs to win as they are playing for a job next year.

3. Maybe they have seen enough of Hamdan in practice to show them hes not ready to be a #2 and no matter what we will have to bring in a vet next year given TE fragility, so they are going with JP to try and win the game as they dont see Hamdan as next years backup anyway.

That said, I am pretty sure JP wouldnt stay here even if he lit it up and the staff told him he would start next year if he resigns.

So, they should put Hamdan in to see if we need to go out and get a back up because Trent is not holding up and never has in his football career.

I would agree that this has value...few things to consider though...

1. I get the impression that the FO is not sold on Trent as they once were and still are curious about JP...just a hunch, and I could be way off...but honestly, they just might want to see what he can do with some time in with the first unit...

JP Is not going to stay in Buffalo. Even He is not that stupid. Assumg DJ stays he knows he will not get a chance to start. IF DJ goes JP is not going to wait around long enough to see who the new coach and OC will be. He is gone under either scenario.

JP Is not going to stay in Buffalo. Even He is not that stupid. Assumg DJ stays he knows he will not get a chance to start. IF DJ goes JP is not going to wait around long enough to see who the new coach and OC will be. He is gone under either scenario.

I know, I said that in the bottom of the post you are quoting...even if he lit it up and Buff wanted him to stay, I seriously doubt he would...

because like a few posters on here they still think they are in the playoff hunt.

The coaches and OC will almost certainly be picked by the start of free agency. That said, the guy needs a fresh start anyway.

I think it would be cool if they would play all three QB's...rotate em in and out every play. Play them on defense a bit too.

The best thing they could do is not field the worst starting nine linemen in the league next season, as they have for years. If they improve the lines, they could put a cone at QB. As I said before, the fans don't get it. Football is too complex for them

JP will be lucky to be in the NFL week 1 next year. He is an atrocious QB.

We're talking about the Bills FO here, remember? They may not be able to connect the dots. :blink:

My question regarding JP is, where will he sign - who wants him? If he's pissed about being 2nd fiddle in Bflo, what other NFL team will resolve that issue for him?

I know it seems to be a given, but he's not likely to be a starter anywhere else, so why will he be so quick to leave?

He may as well sign an extension with Buffalo (if they still want him). Buffalo, having enough voids to fill, probably doesn't want to waste draft pick on an inexperienced QB, and any FA QB on the cheap is just another Losman, journeyman kind of QB.

Knowing that Edwards misses games with injuries and still has little experience, Losman may see a benefit in sticking around. When he sees that other teams aren't knocking each other over to sign him to a big $$ contract, he may get a grip on reality and end up signing a low dollar extension with Buffalo.

No! JP needs the reps if he's ever going to reach his full potential as a pro QB. Plus, he knows the offense, is familiar with the players (and vice-versa), and MOST importantly, he gives us the quick strike ability we need so defenses will loosen up because they have to respect his cannon arm.

GO BILLS!!!

My question regarding JP is, where will he sign - who wants him? If he's pissed about being 2nd fiddle in Bflo, what other NFL team will resolve that issue for him?

I know it seems to be a given, but he's not likely to be a starter anywhere else, so why will he be so quick to leave?

He may as well sign an extension with Buffalo (if they still want him). Buffalo, having enough voids to fill, probably doesn't want to waste draft pick on an inexperienced QB, and any FA QB on the cheap is just another Losman, journeyman kind of QB.

Knowing that Edwards misses games with injuries and still has little experience, Losman may see a benefit in sticking around. When he sees that other teams aren't knocking each other over to sign him to a big $$ contract, he may get a grip on reality and end up signing a low dollar extension with Buffalo.

JP should leave the dysfunction and QB death pit that is Buffalo behind in a heartbeat. Not all NFL franchise are created equal and especially not when it comes to coaching up raw QBs for the NFL game. Buffalo is a bad fit for Losman professionally.

Losman has some natural ability, but quite frankly he has never gotten the proper coaching. I know a lot of people on this board are heavily invested in wanting him to fail completely (and chances are good that you'll be right fwiw), but his agent should try to find a place for JP to be successful. That place is not sticking him out in the middle of the action to keep flailing around cluelessly and trying to teach himself how to play QB in the NFL. JP needs excellent QB coaching first and foremost, and then maybe he'll be consistent enough to play. Without trying to correct his problems, he'll just assure that he'll continue to struggle.

Gawd, I hate it when threads to off topic.

Yes, it would be wise & prudent. Why Dick, a wise and prudent individual, doesn't see this is beyond my comprehension. If there is .0000000000000000000000000001% chance that the Bills go into next season with Gibran as the #2 then you better give him some real game time. The Losman ship has sailed or sunk depending on your line of thinking.

Instead Dick reported that Gibran got a few snaps the other day.

Most of the starters on the offensive and defensive lines have less talent than JP

Dude...Seriously?

I was as big a JP supporter as anyone once upon a time, but come on...JP is really a pretty brutal QB...There's just no getting around it...Maybe the Coaches screwed Him, maybe He was never going to amount to much...I have no idea...But He's not good...Raw talent does not mean squat when You basically suck, or in JP's case when Your a One Trick Pony (The Deep Ball...Of which He does not hit 100% on anyway...). But saying He has more talent than most of Our Starters on The O and D Lines is rediculous...JP does not have more talent than anyone...Period... <_<

Dude...Seriously?

I was as big a JP supporter as anyone once upon a time, but come on...JP is really a pretty brutal QB...There's just no getting around it...Maybe the Coaches screwed Him, maybe He was never going to amount to much...I have no idea...But He's not good...Raw talent does not mean squat when You basically suck, or in JP's case when Your a One Trick Pony (The Deep Ball...Of which He does not hit 100% on anyway...). But saying He has more talent than most of Our Starters on The O and D Lines is rediculous...JP does not have more talent than anyone...Period... <_<

JP reminds me of a poor man's Trent Dilfer. Dilfer always had raw talent and he was adequate enough on a ball-control, defense first team to win a Super Bowl. Dilfer was a college gunslinger project, went to an awful team in Tampa, and though fans said he was "dumb" was actually like a second coach as a backup. He was an average QB on the field, never really started on an offense with any weapons, and did not live up to his 1st round pick status. Because of the 1st round thing, he is called a bust and worthless by some, but the truth is he was just distinctly average.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/D/DilfTr00.htm

Dude...Seriously?

You took my post wrong- it was not praising JP at all.