First let me say a Qb is only as good as the players around him

Poeticlaw

Favre's RB was Dorsey Levens, a nice player but certainly not a HoF player. He also had an old Andre Rison and Antonio Freeman. Mark Chmura wasn't on the Super Bowl team. The point was yes, those were nice players but he wasn't on a stacked team. He made them better, not vice versa. Hell, this year Favre has Laveraneus Coles, Jerricho Cotchery and Thomas Jones. That's not setting the world ablaze with talent.

Re: Elway, you named one RB. I'll give you two more. Sammy Winder and Bobby Humphrey. He took Sammy Winder to 3 Super Bowls. At no point will you see his bust in Canton.

3 of Marino's RBs were Sammie Smith, Terry Kirby, and Keith Byars. Not a world beater among them yet Danny boy managaed to show you he was a pretty decent QB.

The QB who I think best makes YOUR argument is Troy Aikman. He had Emmit Smith, Michael Irvin, Jay Novacek and the best offensive line in football. Without those guys I don't know if Aikman is a HoF QB. With them he was.

Right now our skill players aren't terrible. Evans is a decent WR, Lynch is a good RB, if we could use Parrish better he's a dynamic player. It's not like we have Booker Moore, Perry Tuttle and Tony Richardson out there on offense.

The point is the talent around the QB made the QB a HOF QB the players who made the plays. Thats the only thing I am saying.

Favre's RB was Dorsey Levens, a nice player but certainly not a HoF player. He also had an old Andre Rison and Antonio Freeman. Mark Chmura wasn't on the Super Bowl team. The point was yes, those were nice players but he wasn't on a stacked team. He made them better, not vice versa. Hell, this year Favre has Laveraneus Coles, Jerricho Cotchery and Thomas Jones. That's not setting the world ablaze with talent.

Re: Elway, you named one RB. I'll give you two more. Sammy Winder and Bobby Humphrey. He took Sammy Winder to 3 Super Bowls. At no point will you see his bust in Canton.

3 of Marino's RBs were Sammie Smith, Terry Kirby, and Keith Byars. Not a world beater among them yet Danny boy managaed to show you he was a pretty decent QB.

well, as far as favre is concerned, in 96 when he won the superbowl, the defense had a bigger impact than the offense... the pack's d had 26 int's and 31 fumbles recovered that year and held opponents to 13.1 points per game. so when the offense made mistakes(which we all know favre is known for) the defese picked up the slack to get wins.

elway had one of if not the best o-line in the game for his bowl wins, a should have been hof runningback, and good/great recievers.

marino also had a great o-line that gave him tons of time to throw, and thats what he did, which is why he had the career passing yards record until favre broke it. so to ask for names of miami's runningbacks shouldnt apply as the were not a run first team...... actually the were not run first, second, or third type of team

so in conclusion........

the qb is only as good as the team around him

to say anything else is crazy

well, as far as favre is concerned, in 96 when he won the superbowl, the defense had a bigger impact than the offense... the pack's d had 26 int's and 31 fumbles recovered that year and held opponents to 13.1 points per game. so when the offense made mistakes(which we all know favre is known for) the defese picked up the slack to get wins.

elway had one of if not the best o-line in the game for his bowl wins, a should have been hof runningback, and good/great recievers.

marino also had a great o-line that gave him tons of time to throw, and thats what he did, which is why he had the career passing yards record until favre broke it. so to ask for names of miami's runningbacks shouldnt apply as the were not a run first team...... actually the were not run first, second, or third type of team

so in conclusion........

the qb is only as good as the team around him

to say anything else is crazy

B-) EXACTLY

B-) EXACTLY

I will say this in defense of the qb that played for the Bills yesterday..Maybe they were practicing on the CFL practice field all week and thats why he threw the ball a tad (12 yards) out of bounds..Maybe the wind helped the ball out of bounds a little too...Maybe on the underthrow the defensive back was supposed to trip over the goaline by design of the play..Maybe when he tried to jump over or through our offensive lineman on his scramble and got knoked out of bounds short of the first down marker the lineman was suppose to be tying his shoe there and he forgot...I know there are more excuses out there for you but I am running low..Anyone else have a good one??? :bag:

So many times I read how each of our QBs suck then there are suggestions of QBs to bring in and they are shot full of holes. First there is no such thing as a perfect QB everyone has thier flaws. However, on this team the Flaw is the Recieving core PERIOD!!!!

Really? That is the "Flaw", the receivers? Lee Evans, Roscoe Parish and Josh Reed are a hell of a lot better and more experienced then the 3 receivers Chad Pennington had to throw to yesterday. Please name his top 3 receivers without looking them up, right now. Can't do it huh? Maybe it's because the one named Bess or Buss, is an undrafted free agent nobody, that racked up over 70 yards receiving. We all know the second one, Tedd Ginn Jr, who struggled against a healthy McGee. And I have no idea who Pennington's third receiver was. Funny how Pennington still managed to have over a 100 rating with those no-names, isn't it? Suffice it to say that Chad would have thrown for over 400 yards against Fewell's bend and break defense if he would have had Evans, Reed and Parish to throw to.

Funny how our talent was good enough to win 4 out of the first 5 games. Then the picks returned for TDs and fumbles and 3 picks in the first 4 possesions stuff started and suddenly our guys lost all of their talent. They look like the guys in Space Jam before they got to touch that magic basketball once Trent started with the turnovers. Odd.

At the same time, two teams in our division who were horrible last year added real QBs to their teams along with some other stuff granted, and are now duking it out for the playoffs.

I'm sorrry, but I don't buy your theory.

Chad Pennington only signed a one year deal with Miami. Let's sign him in the off season.

Not making excuses for JP but I think he hasn't given a shiiit since last season. Sure he says all the right things and plays the part but IMHO he could care less about winning/losing he is just looking forward to exit stage left from this pathetic organization the minute the season is over. Who could blame him.

While possibly true - he is smart enough to know that he had the perfect opportunity to audition for his next gig. He knows that if any team is going to bring him in they will review film on him to see if there are changes in his play, if he is the source of poor play or whether it is the surrounding cast. While I do not hang the game yesterday on JP he did himself no favors - he looked indecisive and inaccurate - two traits that he has consistently shown.

Honestly I don't think he cares. I think he is so bitter towards this organization and he just wants out.

I sincerely hope that's not the case. I can understand if it is. However, IF it is, then JP is exhibiting the epitome of unprofessional behaviour and it's reflected in his uninspired play.

GO BILLS!!!

Great QBs also have the ability to make the players around them better. And they do.

GO BILLS!!!

One has to look no further than the Doug Flutie/Rob Johnson days to see this. RJ would come out injured and the Bills team that could do nothing all day all of the sudden start catching passes and making plays. I remember being at a game at the Ralph like this and lady in front of me says "they play different when Flutie's in than when Rob is."

One has to look no further than the Doug Flutie/Rob Johnson days to see this. RJ would come out injured and the Bills team that could do nothing all day all of the sudden start catching passes and making plays. I remember being at a game at the Ralph like this and lady in front of me says "they play different when Flutie's in than when Rob is."

Becuase with Flutie you had to improvise ontop of your routes becuse he would be scrambling for 20-30 seconds trying to find an open reciever. B-)

The QB who I think best makes YOUR argument is Troy Aikman. He had Emmit Smith, Michael Irvin, Jay Novacek and the best offensive line in football. Without those guys I don't know if Aikman is a HoF QB. With them he was.

Right now our skill players aren't terrible. Evans is a decent WR, Lynch is a good RB, if we could use Parrish better he's a dynamic player. It's not like we have Booker Moore, Perry Tuttle and Tony Richardson out there on offense.

Keith Jackson played very well that year.

Name 3 running backs who played behind Dan Marino.

How about John Elway?

Who were the WRs that Brett Favre took to the Super Bowl? Any HoFers? Who was his Rb that day? Barry Sanders?

It is true that mediocre QBs can be made to look good with excellent personnell it is false that one cannot see the talent unless it is surrounded by talent.

Uh, Elway had lots of good to great RB's and DIDNT win the Super Bowl until he got his best one in Terrell Davis...

But...I thought we just wasted a second round draft pick on Wide Reciever?

BTW, I agree with your QB assessment to a degree. Yeah, JP Losman wouldn't be half as bad if he were on the Giants... But he is doing nothing to turn the tide. We have viable "playmakers" in Reed, Lynch, and Jackson. That's enough to get started.

For the most I disagree with your Evans assessment. He's often open in coverage, and Trent ignored him this season, and so it leads one to believe he's not open...which is not the case.

Evans and Lynch can be playmakers. Reed is a reliable receiver, but far from a playmaker. Hardy is a rookie.....I expected little from him this year and got that in spades.

JP will play out the rest of his career as the likely backup in Denver.

The MAIN problem is that the owner acts too much like a fan and has a knee jerk reaction to everything...which is fine for a fan, but not somebody who runs a company or an NFL franchise. The on the field problem mainly stems from the fact that neither of our starting lines would cut it in Arena League 2 football.