Favorite Sandwich/Sub?

Justice

I've got two favs. I love the pastrami sandwich from Katz in New York. Sure, it'll run ya about $20 bucks, but it's worth it. My second favorite sub is the steak hoagy at Jim's SteakOut in Buffalo of course! I owned a convenience store called Allentown Food Shoppe next to the original Jim's before Jim expanded that location and converted my store into one whole restaurant. I then moved my store further down on Elmwood Ave right across from the Towne Greek restaurant where the store still stands to this day with a new owner.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

homemade by the wife...

sliced tuscon bread

smoked turkey

hard salami

smoke provolone

pesto

garlic cream cheese

roasted red peppers

combine the above and make it into a panini by cooking on panini grill or george foreman with no grease or oil on the bread. A-FREAKING-MAZING sandwich!

homemade by the wife...

sliced tuscon bread

smoked turkey

hard salami

smoke provolone

pesto

garlic cream cheese

roasted red peppers

combine the above and make it into a panini by cooking on panini grill or george foreman with no grease or oil on the bread. A-FREAKING-MAZING sandwich!

that sounds good

Violas steak and cheese (make mine a double) from Niagara Falls...Elmwood location is still the best, IMO.

Trust me, on this one.

Of course, it's hard to beat a great Beef on Weck. Plenty of places to get a good one, but in my mind, Schwabl's (in West Seneca) is the standard bearer. Haven't been around in a while, so things may have changed.

http://schwabls.com/

I will add one other favorite sandwich. You should be able to get this at any good Italian Deli, but one of the best I've ever had, was from a really good Italian Deli in Syosset, NY (on Long Island):

Hot Capacolla (gabagoo)

A good hard salami (I like a good Genoa or a hot/spicy Sicilian)

Sharp Provolone (Don't let them use the "sandwich" provolone...get the real sharp Provolone they don't use for sandwiches. They will have to hand carve a few pieces with a knife.)

Crustiest Italian roll they have

I eat mine w/o any dressing or anything else...but, use whatever dressing you like, I guess.

It goes great with a big red wine! In fact, I will take this sandwich (and the wine, of course) in place of today's "traditional" Thanksgiving dinner (like the one I will be having later today. (If I was making my Thanksgiving dinner, I'd take the dinner, instead, of course.)

La Spadas Old Original Chester Pennsylvania!! :lol::(

homemade by the wife...

sliced tuscon bread

smoked turkey

hard salami

smoke provolone

pesto

garlic cream cheese

roasted red peppers

Damn, you should open a sandwich shop! :lol:

Chicken finger sub from John's Pizza & Subs on Grand Island. A must-have every time we come back into WNY.

Dumbass! Chickens don't have fingers! :censored:

Ham sub from Mike's in Kenmore, on a toasted bun, still does it for me...haven't had one in years, but I can taste them in my dreams...

For now though, the Italian Night Club sandwich from Jimmy Johns (french bread!) ain't too bad etihter!

Ham sub from Mike's in Kenmore, on a toasted bun, still does it for me...haven't had one in years, but I can taste them in my dreams...

For now though, the Italian Night Club sandwich from Jimmy Johns (french bread!) ain't too bad etihter!

That reminds me. Jimmy Johns hot dog place in West Chester Pennsylvania.

Steak-n-cheese sub from Pizza Junction in NT. With lettuce, mushrooms, and mayo. Even after a HUGE Thanksgiving dinner, I'm getting hungry thinking about it!

A simple pleasure at home: throw two slices of rye bread in the toaster, 5 thin slices of bologna in the microwave for 40 seconds, hit the toast with miracle whip, add the warm bologna, slice the sandwich in half, eat and enjoy. You're gonna want another one!!! FUHGEDDABOWDIT!!!