Please send karma my way today...

The Poojer

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

MADE IT!!!! its a bloodbath over here, but I survived....thanks for the wishes

Good news, although I suspect that things will be a little more difficult, and a little less fun for a while. But, few things suck as much as losing a job right before the holidays.

Congrats, Pooj. Maybe next year you look for a new job, and fire them.

Excellent news! I can't recall the number of times you've jumped to CC's defense on this board when it was attacked directly or indirectly...you were often overzealous in your defense in my opinion. And I don't mean that as an attack on you at all...quite the opposite. It is rare that companies have employees who care enough to vigorously defend them as you have on so many occasions. It would have been a disservice to the company if you had gotten caught in the crossfire here.

Congrats!

Glad to hear that you made it.

They are closing the CC store in my town, but it was not surprising. Everytime I went in there, there were about the same # of employees as customers. They were talking about moving to a new plaza. Also in town, the Chevy dealer is going under. Not unexpected also since all the dealers have moved out of "downtown" to another area of town. They were the last one. Also the Mervyn's chain is closing, which had a large store in town. The town looks at it as a way to revitalize the downtown with a more modern mix of stores.

from what i was told the nearly 20% of stores we are closing accounted for only 10% of total revenues, so it does appear that we went after the underperforming ones, now lets see what we can do with the moves we made...

Glad to hear that you made it.

They are closing the CC store in my town, but it was not surprising. Everytime I went in there, there were about the same # of employees as customers. They were talking about moving to a new plaza. Also in town, the Chevy dealer is going under. Not unexpected also since all the dealers have moved out of "downtown" to another area of town. They were the last one. Also the Mervyn's chain is closing, which had a large store in town. The town looks at it as a way to revitalize the downtown with a more modern mix of stores.