kellen winslow

BeastMode54

He has been incredibly injury prone and (frankly) stupid during his young career. He has an abrasive personality and would probably be a clubhouse cancer. He might very well be the most talented TE out there, but there are many issues with a trade for him and the price might be too high, certainly higher than a 3rd and change.

Agree that he has been stupid as it relates to the motorcycle accident. To say thr other things is incorrect. He did not hold out ala Jason Peters. He is very talented and he offers the Bills a good deal. I would offer a second and a fifth. More than that forget it. Definately not a first.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Following the 'Canes and having a friend who is a Browns fan...I would love to have Winslow on the Bills and I would give up a 2nd rounder to get him too.

Alot of these guys are jerks and punks. It is a matter of who is coaching them and the chemistry around the atmosphere they are in. Look at Randy Moss. He got hooked up with a coach who can understand him and help him. Not to mention, he was put in a great atmosphere and around good people (by that, I mean a solid, no non-sense franchise). Then look at our very own Marcus Stroud. He seems to be lifting this team up and REALLY helping out on and off the field.

I definitly believe that Dick Jauron is a !@#$ING awesome coach and the players LOVE to play for him. Kellan Winslow would not be able to pull antics here with the leaders we have in our locker room. Whitner, Kelsay, Evans, Edwards, Royal, Mitchell, Stroud, Schobel...do you really think they would stand for that schit? He also would not be needed to much, therefore would not absorb so many hits, risking an injury so much. We have playmakers all over the offensive side of the ball, he would not need to shoulder so much of the work. He needs a change of scenery.

Cleveland blows. However, if we don't make a run for him...I would bet money that the Dolphins or Patriots will.

Agree that he has been stupid as it relates to the motorcycle accident. To say thr other things is incorrect. He did not hold out ala Jason Peters. He is very talented and he offers the Bills a good deal. I would offer a second and a fifth. More than that forget it. Definately not a first.

I'm not sure what 'ala Jason Peters' means, but KW most certainly did hold out as a rookie.

Link

p.s. Does he still refer to himself as "The Chosen One" :bag:

There's a pattern of bad behavior with Winslow.

If it was JUST the stupid motorcycle accident -- easy to forgive. If it was JUST the "I'm a SOULJA!" tirade -- easy enough to forget. If it was just the public airing of dirty laundry -- eh you can over look it.

But when it's all three, it's a pattern.

Factor in the fact the dude can't stay healthy and I'll pass. At least for a 3rd round pick.

Either I don't know the whole story, or I'm seeing as he's being suspended for an infection because the Browns practice in a dump.

Unless I'm wrong....I don't see how that makes him the villain.

From what I understand, he unloaded on GM Phil Savage, and said that, because Savage didn't visit or call him, he was "treated like a piece of meat". All the reports I have seen say that many team members and officials, including HC Crennel regularly checked in on him and showed him some love.

I also think there is a difference of opinion on why his ailment was kept hush-hush, or at least why the attempt was made to keep it quiet. Winslow seems to think it was to hide the number of staph infections the team has acquired in a short time. Others believe the team was doing it for Kellen, given the embarrassing nature of his problem.

I think if Kellen had a better reputation, and was well thought of, he might get the benefit of the doubt in public and media opinion, on this one. But, as he is seen as a punk, and a bit of a douchebag, based on some past incidents, he is getting hammered by both.

He has also been suspended for one game, without pay, for his stupid (or at least, ill-advised to make publicly) remarks.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/22/sports/f...html?ref=sports

He was getting fired up to play a conference rival, and he ended up apologizing for it (which was stupid I thought. The media created the issue). Many football players consider themselves "warriors" and "soldiers", who cares if he said he was a "soldier". So altogether he made one soldier comment in college, made a dumb mistake on a motorcycle, and got mad that his team can't clean up the locker room and he's a cancer?

It happened after a loss to Tennessee, not before a game. He wasn't trying to get fired up. Reporters asked him about standing over and taunting a Vol he had blown up with a big block and he responded that Tennessee was trying to take his knees out, so he was going to get them before they got got him:

"It's war," Winslow said Saturday, his voice raised in the locker room. "They're out there to kill you, so I'm out there to kill them. We don't care about anybody but this U. They're going after my legs. I'm going to come right back at them. I'm a :bag: soldier."

There's a pattern of bad behavior with Winslow.

If it was JUST the stupid motorcycle accident -- easy to forgive. If it was JUST the "I'm a SOULJA!" tirade -- easy enough to forget. If it was just the public airing of dirty laundry -- eh you can over look it.

But when it's all three, it's a pattern.

Factor in the fact the dude can't stay healthy and I'll pass. At least for a 3rd round pick.

Yep.

From what I understand, he unloaded on GM Phil Savage, and said that, because Savage didn't visit or call him, he was "treated like a piece of meat". All the reports I have seen say that many team members and officials, including HC Crennel regularly checked in on him and showed him some love.

I also think there is a difference of opinion on why his ailment was kept hush-hush, or at least why the attempt was made to keep it quiet. Winslow seems to think it was to hide the number of staph infections the team has acquired in a short time. Others believe the team was doing it for Kellen, given the embarrassing nature of his problem.

I think if Kellen had a better reputation, and was well thought of, he might get the benefit of the doubt in public and media opinion, on this one. But, as he is seen as a punk, and a bit of a douchebag, based on some past incidents, he is getting hammered by both.

He has also been suspended for one game, without pay, for his stupid (or at least, ill-advised to make publicly) remarks.

Spot on. This is the second time Winslow's gotten a staph infection since he joined the Browns, the second Browns infection this year (Jurevicious in the offseason) and the sixth infection in five years.

There's a good article on it here.

As for his rep - I think there are a lot of hard feelings in Cleveland. A broken leg cost Winslow 14 games in his rookie year (04) the motorcycle accident cost him all of 2005, and he finally puts together a couple good years and he starts chirping about renegotiating his contract - forgetting that he got $11.6M over his first two years while playing just two games. Now he runs to the media after the team asked him not to do so. I can understand why they are getting tired of his act.

he's from the U and is probably like tony G-wants nothing to do with buffalo. will someone ask k. mitchell why he signed with us? and if he can recruit?

Yeah, I agree that more peopel would side with Winslow if he didn't have his rep. But this Winslow punk thing is so over blown. He was fired up after a college football and called himself a soldier. Oh my GOD!!! I've had a paratropper coach tell me before a football game that this is the closet you will ever come to war. And other that, he fooled around a motorcycle. I don't hear people calling Big Ben a punk or thug because he rode around on a cycle without a helmet.

Whatever the reason is, people just hate Winslow and I really don't know why. He is 25 years old, married, and I have not ever heard of him getting in any trouble. He plays hard and is a really good TE. And this thing going on in Cleveland is a mjor issue that should be addressed. This could end careers. And the fact that the GM of the team couldn't even call is pretty crappy. I'd be pissed too. I'd take Winslow on this team in a heartbeat.

he's from the U and is probably like tony G-wants nothing to do with buffalo. will someone ask k. mitchell why he signed with us? and if he can recruit?

Nothing like making wide sweeping generalizations about an entire University. I believe Roscoe Parrish, from the U, just re-signed with the Bills.

Winslow is certainly talented, but he is no Tony Gonzalez, IMO. He has had two good years in the league. This year isn't exactly looking like it will be #3, either.

I'm not sure the Bills chemistry would be served by bringing in a guy with that many personal question marks. He seems to be quite the douchebag.

Dickbag, first class.

Yeah, I agree that more peopel would side with Winslow if he didn't have his rep. But this Winslow punk thing is so over blown. He was fired up after a college football and called himself a soldier. Oh my GOD!!! I've had a paratropper coach tell me before a football game that this is the closet you will ever come to war. And other that, he fooled around a motorcycle. I don't hear people calling Big Ben a punk or thug because he rode around on a cycle without a helmet.

Whatever the reason is, people just hate Winslow and I really don't know why. He is 25 years old, married, and I have not ever heard of him getting in any trouble. He plays hard and is a really good TE. And this thing going on in Cleveland is a mjor issue that should be addressed. This could end careers. And the fact that the GM of the team couldn't even call is pretty crappy. I'd be pissed too. I'd take Winslow on this team in a heartbeat.

What he said.