NFL Network

BillsNYC

Just showed Edwards giving an interview after the game, thanks the reporter twice and then sprints over to the stands and runs along giving high spirited high fives to the fans on the way back to the locker room.

How can you not love this guy....he proved he's the heart and soul of the team after what happened after going down last week.

Please explain what the "he's proved" sentence means?

4-0 with Edwards.

Schobel says the biggest difference this year is one word, Edwards. That was 3 weeks ago.

Edwards goes down 2 weeks ago and the team falls apart.

Edwards returns and the team rebounds.

In my opinion, as much as I like JP, the team doesn't want to rally around him, he may be a cancer. Great guy to have in the lineup, but may be hurting more than helping.

I love everything about him.

Honestly we owe everything to Bill Walsh for calling the Bills front office last year in the 3rd round telling Buffalo to take him.

I'm not sure where this story has come from, but it has grown legs and taken a life of its own...the actual situation that occurred was that we drafted Edwards, and then once we drafted him, Walsh called up Levy and told him he had the steal of the draft...Walsh never called Levy or anyone else on the Bills prior to that and told them to draft him...

4-0 with Edwards.

Schobel says the biggest difference this year is one word, Edwards. That was 3 weeks ago.

Edwards goes down 2 weeks ago and the team falls apart.

Edwards returns and the team rebounds.

In my opinion, as much as I like JP, the team doesn't want to rally around him, he may be a cancer. Great guy to have in the lineup, but may be hurting more than helping.

*4-1

if by "falls apart" you mean the defense didn't ever stop the opposing team, then yeah, you're right.

*4-1

if by "falls apart" you mean the defense didn't ever stop the opposing team, then yeah, you're right.

Nope, 4-0...First Pats game last year wasn't JP's loss, the Cardinals game this year wasn't Edwards.

Yes, I mean falls apart as in the entire team plays terrible. Edwards is not just an offense guy, he's a TEAM leader. He raised the play of all players on all sides of the ball.

Nope, 4-0...First Pats game last year wasn't JP's loss, the Cardinals game this year wasn't Edwards.

Yes, I mean falls apart as in the entire team plays terrible. Edwards is not just an offense guy, he's a TEAM leader. He raised the play of all players on all sides of the ball.

but what about the jets game last year where losman came in and got the W. That was counted as a win for Edwards... :twiddles thumbs:

but what about the jets game last year where losman came in and got the W. That was counted as a win for Edwards... :twiddles thumbs:

I was at that game in person actually, and yes, I would say JP won that game for us. It's all about the impact a player has on the game's outcome.

You sound like you're the fan that wants the Bills to lose every game so you can justify JP deserves to be the qb. I liked him too, but he's not the QB of the future here and is gone after this season. You can either accept that and move on and enjoy that we are 5-1 start for the first time in almost 15 years and root for Edwards, having a great time like the rest of us....

Or you can continue to sulk. Up to you, just sayin.... no skin off my back, I'm a happy fan screaming "WE'RE 5-1!!" walking through Manhattan tonight and enjoying every minute of it.

Are yousaying Edwards is not good? I and every other fan besides you feels confident. If we don't have Edwards were not half as good.

I was at that game in person actually, and yes, I would say JP won that game for us. It's all about the impact a player has on the game's outcome.

You sound like you're the fan that wants the Bills to lose every game so you can justify JP deserves to be the qb. I liked him too, but he's not the QB of the future here and is gone after this season. You can either accept that and move on and enjoy that we are 5-1 start for the first time in almost 15 years and root for Edwards, having a great time like the rest of us....

Or you can continue to sulk. Up to you, just sayin.... no skin off my back, I'm a happy fan screaming "WE'RE 5-1!!" walking through Manhattan tonight and enjoying every minute of it.

i want teh bills to win the super bowl - i was just curious as to how you'd mark down that game as most people here pin every loss that trent was in onto JP Losman, and go ahead and credit Edwards with the win for the Jets game.

You sound like you're the fan that wants the Bills to lose every game so you can justify JP deserves to be the qb.

Exactly. It's complete bullsh!t and doesn't make any sense. Anyone that can't objectively watch the Bills and say the current QB isn't a superior player to the previous one must watch the game with a blindfold on.

i want teh bills to win the super bowl - i was just curious as to how you'd mark down that game as most people here pin every loss that trent was in onto JP Losman, and go ahead and credit Edwards with the win for the Jets game.

Not me, I was there, JP provided the spark. I remember him being a little lucky on the bomb to Evans, but luck is half of the NFL. I think JP can go on to be good, just not here, the team has moved on and don't want to look back.

It should be a Losman win. The game was 3-3 when Trent got hurt and we won by 10.

It should be a Losman win. The game was 3-3 when Trent got hurt and we won by 10.

one would think so, right? anyways, you two seem sensible and that was the win credit was the one thing that bothered me about the original post. other than that, yeah, it does seem the team plays better w/ edwards.

I am in complete disbelief that this is still going on. It doesn't freaking matter anymore.

JP is probably a great guy who probably didn't get a fair shot at a starting job. And he's never going to get a fair shot at a starting job HERE, because the guy who did get a fair shot at a starting job is kicking ass and taking names.

What the hell more needs to be said?

I am in complete disbelief that this is still going on. It doesn't freaking matter anymore.

JP is probably a great guy who probably didn't get a fair shot at a starting job. And he's never going to get a fair shot at a starting job HERE, because the guy who did get a fair shot at a starting job is kicking ass and taking names.

That's pretty much as well said as it can be. Trent is an incredible QB, nuff said.

Losman was handed the starting job without competing for it.

They rolled out the red carpet for him.

He couldn't have been put in a position of greater advantage, yet Losman is where he belongs now ...on the bench.

I'm not sure he even deserves to be the backup.

What more needs to be said ?

sh--, who cares? I like JP, too. Edwards is better.

Sorry, you didn't get the memo. It's OK, maybe you haven't be told how it goes. Round these parts we pick a QB to back and then go down guns blazing to the end. If that means wishing the team loses so your pick can be right, so be it. If that means wishing the other guy gets hurt, so be it. If that means gloating after a win or a great game by your guy and starting asinine threads about how the other guy couldn't/wouldn't get it done the same way, then so be it. We can't support the guy who is in there, no matter what. We keep piling on a backup who had nothing to do with today's game.

Cuz damnit we are fans of a single player, not the team. :censored:

That's pretty much as well said as it can be. Trent is an incredible QB, nuff said.

Amen.

As much as everyone liked JP Losman as our starting QB, and as a Buffalonian, it was clear by about his third start, that Trent Edwards was already a better QB on the field (which is what really counts isn't it?) than JP had been. To continue to cling to this notion that JP "never got a fair shot" is absurd. He was handed the starting job in favor of Bledose, and never played consitantly enough to give anyone who mattered (ie: coaches and GM) that he was the long term answer to the Bills QB woes. Edwards came in, and while he wasn't spectacular, showed that the game isn't as hard to play for some guys, as it is for others...I guess that is what they call "it"...kinda of fun to see all the "mea culpa's" around here about this situation...but there are still some holdouts. Great win today, what we saw of it!

Edwards came in, and while he wasn't spectacular, showed that the game isn't as hard to play for some guys, as it is for others...

That's a really good way of putting it. Edwards makes it look easy out there, putting up a 80+ completion % like a walk in the park. It's a Brady-esqe type of quality that Trent possesses. And to think he was the 6th QB taken in '07, unreal.

Exactly. It's complete bullsh!t and doesn't make any sense. Anyone that can't objectively watch the Bills and say the current QB isn't a superior player to the previous one must watch the game with a blindfold on.

Edwards appears to be heading to a league with Brady, Brees and Manning, while JP is heading for a career backup role...

The guy had the job for plenty of time to show us he is not, nor will he ever be the quality of QB Edwards is, even tho Edwards has played in less than half the games that Losman has...

Losman has only himself to blame for repeatedly going 3 and out, taking stupid sacks by holding the ball, fumbling a LOT, locking onto 1 receiver, and having 1 or 2 good drives a game...

I am pretty sure if Losman had shown any kind of potential to be the type of QB Edwards is, he would still be the QB...its obvious that Losman's strength is the physical side of his game and he struggles a lot on the mental side...

listen man and this is coming from one of JP's biggest supporters.

if anyone wants to compare trent edwards to JP as far a being a NFL quarterback then you simply have no clue about the game of football.

JP is not only not in the same league as trent when talking about playing QB he is not even on the same planet. i like JP as a person and wish him well but the truth is that as a quarterback in this league he cant tie trents shoe laces and if anyone cant see that then they are simply clueless.

if trent edwards stays healthy in another year he will be in the payton manning tom brady class. the kid is the next superstar QB in the NFL.

These clowns that get upset when ever a comparison comes between JP and Trent, and still stand for Losman really need to get a clue. Compare just about any statistic whether it's win/loses, pass %, TD/Int's etc.....everything except loses and Trent comes out ahead. This year he comes out ahead of @ least 80% of the starting QB's right now.

Get over it and move on.....you sound like complete idiots.

-Peace out

You know what, the problem is much worse than that. IMO it has NOTHING to do with being fans of a player. It has EVERYTHING to do about being able to prove that your point, whatever it was was right. If a person stated that JP was great, then to support that and look smart, they will argue every way they can to prove themselves right and cheer for the other guy to look terrible, (and likely lose the game) just to make their position look better and prove themselves correct. Conversely, if you're one that says JP sucked you'll argue every way and cheer for him to do bad again to prove you're smarter than everyone esle around here.

That's the problem with the internet, (and society in general) everyone needs to prove they are the smartest person! The internet and hiding behind a handle allows that behavior to increase by a factor of 10.

One of these days, you're read about a murder someplace cause someone dished somebody on a message board and they hunted them down. It's just a matter of time.

Cuz damnit we are fans of a single player, not the team. :angry:

Amen.

You know what, the problem is much worse than that. IMO it has NOTHING to do with being fans of a player. It has EVERYTHING to do about being able to prove that your point, whatever it was was right. If a person stated that JP was great, then to support that and look smart, they will argue every way they can to prove themselves right and cheer for the other guy to look terrible, (and likely lose the game) just to make their position look better and prove themselves correct. Conversely, if you're one that says JP sucked you'll argue every way and cheer for him to do bad again to prove you're smarter than everyone esle around here.

That's the problem with the internet, (and society in general) everyone needs to prove they are the smartest person! The internet and hiding behind a handle allows that behavior to increase by a factor of 10.

One of these days, you're read about a murder someplace cause someone dished somebody on a message board and they hunted them down. It's just a matter of time.

I agree, to a point. The need to be right is something I've posted a few times here and on a couple other boards, and it's not a new phenomenon WRT our QB situation. But I think the "need to be right" and the "I want my guy to be The Guy" crowds/mentalities overlap.

I have no doubt that someone is going to rile some else up and either get stalked and killed or at the very least show up at a tailgate and get their face punched in.

Trent has looked great this year in all 5 wins. Crowning him the next Brady or Manning is a little premature. We're 6 games into a 16 game season, hopefully 19. I'll be convinced if he can continue to play at a high level late into the season and when it gets cold. We'd all like 80 degrees and sunny, but hey, that's not football. If he does, he's the man.

I really don't care who plays as long as we keep winning.

Go BILLS !!

Just showed Edwards giving an interview after the game, thanks the reporter twice and then sprints over to the stands and runs along giving high spirited high fives to the fans on the way back to the locker room.

How can you not love this guy....he proved he's the heart and soul of the team after what happened after going down last week.

And you could tell that he couldn't wait to get the interview over so he could take his lap. He's enjoying this just as much as we are.

Honestly we owe everything to Bill Walsh for calling the Bills front office last year in the 3rd round telling Buffalo to take him.

I don't owe Bill Walsh anything.

If anything, Bill Walsh owes Marv. In the year Joe Montana was drafted, the 49ers wanted to take Steve Fuller in the 1st round. Marv, then coaching the Chiefs, beat him to it and drafted Steve. So, Bill Walsh "settled" for Joe Montana.

listen man and this is coming from one of JP's biggest supporters.

if anyone wants to compare trent edwards to JP as far a being a NFL quarterback then you simply have no clue about the game of football.

JP is not only not in the same league as trent when talking about playing QB he is not even on the same planet. i like JP as a person and wish him well but the truth is that as a quarterback in this league he cant tie trents shoe laces and if anyone cant see that then they are simply clueless.

if trent edwards stays healthy in another year he will be in the payton manning tom brady class. the kid is the next superstar QB in the NFL.

That isn't what's happening here...what's happening is a bunch on numbnuts trying so hard to flex their e-penis about being right about Edwards (who btw is proving to be an incredible QB) have to take the time out of their miserable lives to sh-- on a guy who embraced the city, tried hard but couldn't get the job done as a QB. What I don't get is why there is so much vitriol towards JP? Did he f#ck all of your sisters and claim he was the greatest QB in the world?!? No. He just wanted to get out there and win games for "fans" like you who wanted to see the Bills do well.

Instead of enjoying the fact that we might finally have a franchise QB, these f#cktards just have to drag poor JP into this. I've never seen so many posts after a Bills win where he didn't factor at all yet his name keeps coming up.

Let the guy play out his contract and let him go elsewhere. It's obvious a certain faction of fans just hate the guy for hates sake so let him go somewhere were he can eke out a living.

That isn't what's happening here...what's happening is a bunch on numbnuts trying so hard to flex their e-penis about being right about Edwards (who btw is proving to be an incredible QB) have to take the time out of their miserable lives to sh-- on a guy who embraced the city, tried hard but couldn't get the job done as a QB. What I don't get is why there is so much vitriol towards JP? Did he f#ck all of your sisters and claim he was the greatest QB in the world?!? No. He just wanted to get out there and win games for "fans" like you who wanted to see the Bills do well.

Instead of enjoying the fact that we might finally have a franchise QB, these f#cktards just have to drag poor JP into this. I've never seen so many posts after a Bills win where he didn't factor at all yet his name keeps coming up.

Let the guy play out his contract and let him go elsewhere. It's obvious a certain faction of fans just hate the guy for hates sake so let him go somewhere were he can eke out a living.

:angry::thumbsup:

The most encouraging thing I saw from TE today was the 12 yard run on 3rd and 7. I haven't seen much of Trent taking off up the middle prior. He saw the hole immediately, knew he could get the 1st and knew to slide after he did. Heads-up, great play to keep the drive alive.

The most encouraging thing I saw from TE today was the 12 yard run on 3rd and 7. I haven't seen much of Trent taking off up the middle prior. He saw the hole immediately, knew he could get the 1st and knew to slide after he did. Heads-up, great play to keep the drive alive.

I agree,Trent looks great and the Bills have a bright future ahead of them with him onboard.Trents,poise and command of the offense is vastly superior to Jp's hands down.Jp is dead weight on this team and Hamden should be 2nd string.Thanks for cleaning up the city Jp but maybe you should have been studying the playbook instead.Good luck playing in the CFL