Fowler OUT??????????

K-Gun10

I note that the blog doesn't say why he isn't practicing. Brown doesn't even hint that Fowler is hurt. Does that mean that the coaches have demoted him and promoted Preston to the starting center spot? IIRC, it was during the bye week two years ago that they made the switch moving Jason Peters to LT, where Gandy had been struggling. Very interesting...

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just be careful what you wish for. I don't care how bad Fowler is, if Preston is put in at center we're in some serious trouble.

You may be right (maybe even likely are) but that would really suck if players just remained exactly what they were year in and year out. Guys like Moulds and Youboty for example never would have been given a chance. You never know , he may have improved.

You may be right (maybe even likely are) but that would really suck if players just remained exactly what they were year in and year out. Guys like Moulds and Youboty for example never would have been given a chance. You never know , he may have improved.

I don't disagree with the take on Preson at all but he had a chance to win the starting job out of camp, he didn't do anything AT ALL!!!!! Yeah Fowler is small but at least he is intelligent enough to read blocks and lead the line. Preston will never be the starting center for The Buffalo Bills. If it happens, I suppose my avatar is on the line (and I'm not just talking for one game, I mean like first on the depth chart in general).

I don't disagree with the take on Preson at all but he had a chance to win the starting job out of camp, he didn't do anything AT ALL!!!!!

Last year, Jason Webster won the starting job over Jabari Greer. Same for Anthony Thomas and Freddie Jackson. I think the coaches like to go with the veterans.

As bad as Preston has been if the Bills could trust his shotgun snapping he would probably start over Fowler. I also was calling for a swap at center during the bye. This could be another situation like Anthony Thomas and Freddy Jackson.... most here could see it but it takes an injury for the coaches to make the move. Barring any shotgun mishaps, I expect an upgrade. Go Puke Preston!!!!

Preston is not exacty an unknown quantity. He has been around long enough and played often enough to draw a conclusion as to his abilities. No mystery here, he simply isn't very good.

Couldn't they have brought in LeCharles Bentley over the bye? Just to check him out.

I wonder why nobody - including The Bills have taken a gander at LeCharles yet.

Maybe they'll invite him to camp next year. That fits their MO better. I can read the clip on www.bb.com: "Today, The Bills announced they signed Center LeCharles Bentley to a vet minimum contract. Bentley was out of football last year, in his previous years with NO and then Cleveland... " B-)

I note that the blog doesn't say why he isn't practicing. Brown doesn't even hint that Fowler is hurt. Does that mean that the coaches have demoted him and promoted Preston to the starting center spot? IIRC, it was during the bye week two years ago that they made the switch moving Jason Peters to LT, where Gandy had been struggling. Very interesting...

Maybe the coaches are tired of seeing the run game blown up because he is constantly 4 yards deep in the backfield before the RB gets the handoff?

I wonder why nobody - including The Bills have taken a gander at LeCharles yet.

Maybe they'll invite him to camp next year. That fits their MO better. I can read the clip on www.bb.com: "Today, The Bills announced they signed Center LeCharles Bentley to a vet minimum contract. Bentley was out of football last year, in his previous years with NO and then Cleveland... " B-)

I think because he has had 2 serious knee injuries the past 2 years. He is good enough where if healthy he would be playing somewhere. I'm guessing he can't pass a physical right now.

Jamal will eat up Preston like the Duke country-club scratch golfer softie that he is... TE gets killed again this week... unless we run the ball well...

Whoever plays center on Sunday will have their hands full. 6-3 350 lb. Jamal Williams is a bull. When Dickie J came to Buffalo, he said that he did not want this type of D-lineman on his team. He said that you need light and fast D-linemen to get to the QB. If he hasn't already realized the folly of this theory, I think he will by Sunday evening.

Whoever plays center on Sunday will have their hands full. 6-3 350 lb. Jamal Williams is a bull. When Dickie J came to Buffalo, he said that he did not want this type of D-lineman on his team. He said that you need light and fast D-linemen to get to the QB. If he hasn't already realized the folly of this theory, I think he will by Sunday evening.

Or, and I am being very optimistic here, the leading candidate for coach of the year has a plan to wear down and make big, heavy d-linemen try to chase plays.

I just hate when the organization tries to stuff a bad player down our throats. I don't care if you've never seen a football before but you can tell a bad player from a good one. All the praise about his chess playing and family background just covered up the fact that he was a below average journeyman center passed around the NFL.