Gonzalez Report

BillsVet

There is no way you were wrong in your orignal comments. You rambled on and on way too long for that. You rambled about everything from TG's self indulgence to how TV studios run. There is just no way you were wrong and some doofus on a Yahoo board was right. No way. You'll see.

Why, out of nowhere would you sarcastically take a stab at me? Especially when I said I wanted TG but said there was no chance. It was a rant on a message board. I'm not going to swear by it.

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then I would actually have to do some work instead of checking this thread every 34 seconds.

Don't worry, there will be 20 different threads on the topic as soon as the news hits as everyone will want to makes sure they break the news, and Lori won't have the time to combine them into one.

Why, out of nowhere would you sarcastically take a stab at me? Especially when I said I wanted TG but said there was no chance. It was a rant on a message board. I'm not going to swear by it.

Dude. I wasn't taking a stab at you. I just have your original back. You went on and on about how TG was selfish and there was no way he would come to a small market. Then somebody comes on with some hearsay about something somebody else made up on a Yahoo message board and you appeared to change your mind. I was just telling you that the 15 pages worth of stuff you wrote proving TG is a glamour seeking moron were right. If you were wrong you would have kept it to a page or two.

Peace out.

There are several increased TV exposure leading to increased exploitation of the marketplace (ie more $) that Gonzales is likely considering if this is a major drive for his ultimate decision:

1. The Toronto deal made by the Bills: One of the big deliverables for a well-regarded player is that he likely would become in Buffalo a face which we use as a wedge in the Bills attempts to exploit the Canadian marketplace. If Gonzales were to come to Buffalo, the Bills will almost certainly use him (and deliver him lots of dollars in the process) as a focal point for selling the product in Canada. The Tony Gonzales show on CBC (or some other Canadian network) would be a definite if this trade gets done. This would be the wedge to Gonzales getting deals to be the spokesmodel for auto dealers, pizza places and whatever he chooses in Toronto.

2. Steve Tasker demonstrates what can be done with the Buffalo market. It ain't national press but the money is still green. Could Gonzales make more going to NYC? Maybe and almost certainly, but this does not mean that by going to Buffalo he makes nothing and most important from the Tasker example does not mean that he writes off getting a national network gig.

3. Competition is key and there will be far more competition for endorsements in NYC with the Gints than in Buffalo. If Gonzales goes to NYC he is definitely below Eli Manning in sales and importance and actually behind even non-player Coughlin and a perhaps a host of other Gints who have exploited the marketplace. Gonzalez almost upon arrival is like the 20,000 fans who showed on a winter day at the Ralph for the Buffalo welcomes Bledose gig. He is the top choice for market opportunities with unproven youngsters like Whitner and Edwards being the primary other options. The Buffalo marketplace is smaller by far than NYC but is an open field for Gonzales and with modern electronics and travel reducing distances to near nothing it not only is a jumping off point (as shown by Tasker) to a national spot but is a starting point for trolling the unexploited Canadian dollar.

4. Being Latino is a natural for exploiting a multi-cultural marketplace like Toronto and an embrace of multi-culturalism which has been a centerpiece of the Canadian way going back to its decision to legally include a distinct culture in Quebec. The US is moving this way by force as the population demographics of this country will make the gringos a minority by mid century, but by choosing to primarily exploit the US marketplace Gonzales will choose to pick and choose his opportunities while the current prevailing culture fights to retain a primacy which it will ultimately lose demographically anyway. As far the Canadian market goes exploitation of it will simply involve the difficult task of riding the wave headed in his direction.

5. Nothing succeeds like success. If Gonzalez comes to Buffalo he MAY (and probably will) be part of a team which improves by making the playoffs for the first time. If he goes to the Gints this team at best (and probably won't) reach the same level as last year by winning the SB. It will be a great thing for Gonzales individually if the Jints win the SB. The plugging in of TG into the Shockey spot will be an important addition, but there is simply no way the result will improve with him in place.