Gonzalez Report

BillsVet

Wikipedia Definition

"The legislation establishes new or enhanced standards for all U.S. public company boards, management, and public accounting firms. It does not apply to privately held companies. "

Not that Wikipedia is a definitive authority, but this is consistent with my understanding.

So, unless he is traded to the Packers, it is not relevant.

The NFL has an anti-trust exemption which puts it under the authority of the legislation. As usual Wikipedia is incomplete.

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ummmm.....The pregnant goose?

I shouldn't respond to this, but it is obviously not even close to fair to call Hardy a bust. And no one with even the smallest bit of football knowledge would seriously make such an assertion.

Exactly. Not reporting it is serious stuff.

Not in this case. Sarbanes only applies to publically traded companies. You cant buy stock in the Bills or Chiefs so it doesnt apply. Theres no fedreal obligation for the Bills to report a trade of a players services, those are NFL rules. NFL teams are privately held.

Not in this case. Sarbanes only applies to publically traded companies. You cant buy stock in the Bills or Chiefs so it doesnt apply. Theres no fedreal obligation for the Bills to report a trade of a players services, those are NFL rules. NFL teams are privately held.

1/32 of them aren't. That makes the league subject to the same reporting regulations as anyone else.

It applies to the NFL due to the anti-trust exemption which makes them publically traded from a legal standpoint. The Bills and Chiefs are treated like holy owned subsidiaries.

Uhm... Stan Gelbaugh

No, Stan Gable, the head of the Alpha Betas. But he married Betty and decided to raise a family rather than play in the NFL. Of course, he got the clap, raked over the coals in the divorce and is now waiting tables.

Packers are publicly held. So, by virtue of being in the NFL, I think SOX applies league wide. This is a toughie.

There are also rumors that Gonzo will get traded to the Giants for a 5th rounder and Sinorice Moss. Moss was a healthy inactive yesterday so it has me wondering a little bit.

Guessing Moss was a healthy scratch because he stinks, not because he's getting traded, but I could be wrong.

And if y'all keep jacking this thread, I reserve the right to start a new, BS-free one if/when we hear some new news.

I shouldn't respond to this, but it is obviously not even close to fair to call Hardy a bust. And no one with even the smallest bit of football knowledge would seriously make such an assertion.

Dude zero is zero. If you take off those rose colored glasses you'll see that the emperor ain't wearin nuthin.