Gonzalez Report

BillsVet

It applies to the NFL due to the anti-trust exemption which makes them publically traded from a legal standpoint. The Bills and Chiefs are treated like holy owned subsidiaries.

THe antitrust exemption has notthing to do with Sarbanes and does not make them publicly traded. The teams are treated as private organizations and do not have to file reports with the SEC like a public company does. Publicly traded companies by definition need stock that trades on the exchange otherwise they are not "publicly traded". its a pretty simple legal concept, they teach in any law school. Crossing state lines doesnt having anything to do with it either. There are plenty of other private companies that cross state lines and do not have to make information public. NFL teams are jsut like them. Yuo are not entitled to know how much Brandon gets paid by the Bills bc they are private. If they were publicly traded that information could be disclosed to a shareholder.

Who are the FA tight ends we could possibly get if no TG?

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guessing Moss was a healthy scratch because he stinks, not because he's getting traded, but I could be wrong.

And if y'all keep jacking this thread, I reserve the right to start a new, BS-free one if/when we hear some new news.

Thank you, please do.

Im trying to find anything on this trade and all I see is Crayonz and 10 other people talking about the NFL disclosure rights.

Guessing Moss was a healthy scratch because he stinks, not because he's getting traded, but I could be wrong.

And if y'all keep jacking this thread, I reserve the right to start a new, BS-free one if/when we hear some new news.

Please do that!! :unsure:

I never thought I would ever get sucked into a business conversation while posting on the message board, while at work no less. The irony...

I reserve the right to jack up the new one. I will use pictures of bunnies with pancakes on their heads.

THe antitrust exemption has notthing to do with Sarbanes and does not make them publicly traded. The teams are treated as private organizations and do not have to file reports with the SEC like a public company does. Publicly traded companies by definition need stock that trades on the exchange otherwise they are not "publicly traded". its a pretty simple legal concept, they teach in any law school. Crossing state lines doesnt having anything to do with it either. There are plenty of other private companies that cross state lines and do not have to make information public. NFL teams are jsut like them. Yuo are not entitled to know how much Brandon gets paid by the Bills bc they are private. If they were publicly traded that information could be disclosed to a shareholder.

Who are the FA tight ends we could possibly get if no TG?

Exactly! It's why nobody knows for sure how much the Bills make from year to year. There are estimates based on league figures, but the Bills don't (and aren't required to) release their financials. Why would releasing information about a trade be any different. If anything the financials would be more important to release to the public, not trade/roster moves. It's ridiculous that you think the NFL is required to release player transactions in a timely manner by Sarbanes Oxley.

Sorry... I'll stop now and let the football talk continue.

Exactly! It's why nobody knows for sure how much the Bills make from year to year. There are estimates based on league figures, but the Bills don't (and aren't required to) release their financials. Why would releasing information about a trade be any different. If anything the financials would be more important to release to the public, not trade/roster moves. It's ridiculous that you think the NFL is required to release player transactions in a timely manner by Sarbanes Oxley.

How much money do you have in your pocket?

Sorry... I'll stop now and let the football talk continue.

It is now being reported in another thread that the Bills have made the trade. It sure seemed to get reported quickly. I'm sure this has nothing to do with Sarbanes-Oxley. :unsure:

It is now being reported in another thread that the Bills have made the trade. It sure seemed to get reported quickly. I'm sure this has nothing to do with Sarbanes-Oxley. :unsure:

The other thread is a fake.... :D

Haha... first of all that thread is bogus... check it out. Secondly, if it gets reported quickly it's because there are sources all over the place in this league that will give info to reporters for a-favor-to-be-named-later. If it is announced quickly, it has nothing to do with Sarbanes Oxley. Correlation does not imply causation.

Haha... first of all that thread is bogus... check it out. Secondly, if it gets reported quickly it's because there are sources all over the place in this league that will give info to reporters for a-favor-to-be-named-later. If it is announced quickly, it has nothing to do with Sarbanes Oxley. Correlation does not imply causation.

The favor is that the reporting gets done quickly and keeps the NFL out of Sox nightmares.

True but as someone said it is probably a real report being prepped in case the trade pans out. It demonstrates the league wants to be sure the reporting is quick.

Don't forget there's a different time zone in Kansas.

True but as someone said it is probably a real report being prepped in case the trade pans out. It demonstrates the league wants to be sure the reporting is quick.

No... this demonstrates ESPN wants to be on top of any stories, I was the one that made that point in the other thread. This has nothing to do with the NFL reporting anything in a timely manner because of government legislation. But this discussion has become useless, so let's agree to disagree.

PLEASE GET TG!!!!!

Ha ha. It demonstrates nothing. If that was in fact penned by the writer named in that fake post, it only shows he wants to report quickly. He has nothing to do with the league.

Did you see AP's obit on the founder of Apple? AP posted it about two weeks ago on its live newswire. Of course, it was just being updated a draft kept on file so the AP could be on top of the story when it happens.