Gonzalez Report

BillsVet

No... this demonstrates ESPN wants to be on top of any stories, I was the one that made that point in the other thread. This has nothing to do with the NFL reporting anything in a timely manner because of government legislation. But this discussion has become useless, so let's agree to disagree.

PLEASE GET TG!!!!!

Then why would he have all of the detail unless it came from the league? He knows it is a 2nd and a 5th. He knows Hardy sucks. There is just too much there for one guy to have come up with it.

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha ha. It demonstrates nothing. If that was in fact penned by the writer named in that fake post, it only shows he wants to report quickly. He has nothing to do with the league.

Did you see AP's obit on the founder of Apple? AP posted it about two weeks ago on its live newswire. Of course, it was just being updated a draft kept on file so the AP could be on top of the story when it happens.

Or maybe so Apple could be in compliance.

Or take that pic of Jeff Hostetler off. What the hell is that?

If you insult the likes of Todd Collins by comparing him to a no-talent a$$-clown one more time I'll see to it that the rest of your life is as miserable as the 1993 Houston Oilers.

Chris Brown reports... the Cards are in the hunt for TG, too. That makes six team reportedly interested in trading for the most productive tight end in NFL history.

If that is in fact true, I know where I'd want to go if I were Gonzo -- out west, to a team closer to "home" that plays in good weather and loves to throw the ball.

from ESPN: Trades that would make sense

Kansas City TE Tony Gonzalez to Buffalo for a third-round pick

Tony Gonzalez

Gonzalez

Tight End

Kansas City Chiefs

2008 Season Stats Rec Yds TD Avg Long YAC

21 193 2 9.2 23 35

Why it works for Kansas City: Getting something in the neighborhood of what the Giants received for Jeremy Shockey (a No. 2 and No. 5) is probably too steep for Gonzalez, who is still among the league's best tight ends, but won't be useful when Kansas City gets back to respectability. A third-round pick, however, makes a lot of sense. Brad Cottam was drafted to eventually take over for Gonzalez, so speed up the learning curve. It is time to develop players like Cottam over the next year or so and let a bunch of young players grow up together. While it hurts to lose a player of his caliber and, just as importantly, a player of his character who is a leader in the locker room, this is best for the Chiefs.

Why it works for Buffalo: Plenty of teams (Giants, Vikings, Cardinals) come to mind when thinking about where Gonzalez would fit in, and that could drive up his price tag. However, Buffalo is a very young football team and still only has one legitimate receiving option in Lee Evans. Having Gonzalez near the goal line and in the middle of the field would be a tremendous asset. It would also move Robert Royal down to the second-string tight end, which is where he belongs.

More recent updates.....

Rumors Swirl - Giants Close to Gonzo Deal?

We've been doing all we can to get some information on this Tony Gonzalez situation here at Giants 101, and I've just received word that a Gonzalez deal is on the table. The deal reportedly involves Giants third-year wideout Sinorice Moss and a mid-round draft pick - possibly a 5th round pick.

However, I've also been told that the Buffalo Bills have made a significant offer to the Chiefs for Gonzalez as well, that could include a higher draft pick than the mid-round pick the Giants have on the table along with Moss.

Updates to follow here on Giants 101..