No way the Royal fumble gets overturned

If you disagree, maybe go look at it again. Nothing ever hits the ground: the shin/knee amazingly never find turf, and then he's completely on top of the defender afterward, which is NOT down by contact. Then he swings his arm around and drops the ball before the arm hits the ground.

There's plenty to complain about this week, but the absence of the red flag there is not one of them.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I still question why Jauron did not call for the play to be reviewed. In any event it was CLOSE. It might have been overturned, and we desperately needed to maintain possession to have a chance in this game. Poor judgement displayed there. In the end, it did not come close to costing us the game - but had our D being playing a little better it could have.

I would nominate this play as one of the top 2 plays that may have cost us the game. Overturned or not, Jauron should have thrown the flag. It was too close to call and a very pivotal point in the game. The last thing I wanted to see was our coach just give up and give them the ball without so much as conversation with the Ref.

I didn't really watch the replays at the time - I was too busy cussing everything and anything while throwing stuff around the living room. But, clearly his knee (and/or shin) was very close to being down. Not to mention, was the ball leaving his hand before he hit the ground with it? Both should have been looked at.

Jauron gave up on the team, and I could say it looked like the team gave up on the game at that point.

The team looked like they gave-up after Trent went down.

Disagree completely. TD at the end of the half showed they were in it. Defense came out fired up on 2nd half and caused 3 n out. They got outplayed across the board by a fired up team today.

Absolute idotic play by Royal too. Reminded me of his 4 foot stride in the back of the endzone vs. the Titans 2 seasons ago. Nothing good can come from extending the ball with one hand when you're in a completely defenseless position. That play pissed me off and yes you're right he WAS NOT down.

I have to see the pay again....but im pretty sure the ground caused the fumble....but if you say the ball was coming loose before then...ill have to check it out again

That's what I saw. The moment the ball hits the ground (while in his hand) the play is over. He was being tackled, there was contact, the ball is dead right there. I thought it was clear as day.

I always thought the ground couldn't cause a fumble, but what the hell did I know?

Actually, the ground CAN cause a fumble. A guy is running, falls down on his own, is not touched, and the ground causes the ball to pop out: Fumble!

But, in this case, his knee hitting is not the issue. The BALL hit the ground while in his possession. The play is OVER right then. The ground can't cause a fumble while being tackled.