Who lost this game

mead107

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1st Place - Offensive Line. You have to establish the run and keep that kind of offense off the field

2nd Place - Coaching Staff. Played a bend but don't break D and broke. No blitzing

3rd Place - Tie between JP and D-Line. Both think they are much better than they are

No ONE lost the game, but the entire pass D and pass rush lost the game. Why they didn't attempt to maul Warner with secondary and LB blitzes throughout the game is beyond me. Warner had all the time in the world to toss today and he did with precision. WHen the turnovers started piling up, it was too late. JP played a JP game, which is he was not winning it for the team but he wasnt losing it either, until it was too late.

I don't see how anyone in their right mind would try to pin this on anything but the defense. How many times did they punt for god's sake?

Even w Trent healthy, w a defense that porous we'd have had to score on every possession to win, and that's just highly unlikely. Where was the pressure on Warner? He was just tearing us up with his 5-10 yard passes, all day long.

I do hope Trent gets better soon. Maybe the defense felt deflated when he went down? It's still no excuse.

Not the end of the world though. 1 loss against an NFC opponent. We're 4-1, and if you said before the season we'd be 4-1 I'd be elated.

1st Place - Offensive Line. You have to establish the run and keep that kind of offense off the field

2nd Place - Coaching Staff. Played a bend but don't break D and broke. No blitzing

3rd Place - Tie between JP and D-Line. Both think they are much better than they are

Virgil, I like your list but the defense should be number 1. The lack of pressure was an embarrassment. You can not give a one dimensional offense that kind of time and hope to win.

The Senator is to blame. His hubris and stupidity caused Edwards to get hurt, and made the D play like Crap.

Just because the D didn't make one single stop the entire first half doesn't mean they played like crap. There has to be a level below crap.

I say the defence did .

Yeah, most definitely the defense. Not even close. Basically, since the clock stopped them on their field goal drive and the end of the half, the Cardinals went the distance on 6 of their first 7 drives. CRAZY bad defense, reminiscent of the debacle against NE last year. Atrocious.

Losman came apart late in the second half, but the competitive portion of the game ended when Royal fumbled, and to that point Losman had played pretty well. His play when the outcome was no longer in doubt was discouraging, you'd like to see the offense put up more of a fight, but in terms of the defeat, his play wasn't the problem.

Seems obvious at least to me that this is a tie:

Defense and Coaching Staff. Both were horrible. The game plan for today's game was poorly designed. Defense laid an egg and could not adapt or get off the field. Tackling was terrible. 1 forced punt all game. :thumbdown:

JP and the offense did not play great. But they were let down in a big way. I find it hard to believe the Bills win this one with Trent at the helm...but we will never know...

Hope Trent, McGee and Ko heal up quick!!

Seems obvious at least to me that this is a tie:

Defense and Coaching Staff. Both were horrible. The game plan for today's game was poorly designed. Defense laid an egg and could not adapt or get off the field. Tackling was terrible. 1 forced punt all game. :thumbdown:

JP and the offense did not play great. But they were let down in a big way. I find it hard to believe the Bills win this one with Trent at the helm...but we will never know...

Hope Trent, McGee and Ko heal up quick!!

And Roscoe...

Also, I think credit goes to the Cardinals Coaches for coming up with a solid game plan on both sides of the ball and the players for executing it to perfection and then watch the Bills self destruct.