A Few Thoughts About The Game

1) It was good to see Hardy getting involved. Trent went to him in a clutch situation despite the problems last week.

2) It was due to confusion after the non-penalty call for an illegal receiver. (the costly delay of game penalty).

3) Jabari Greer had a particularly rough outing, despite making a play or 2.

4) It was entirely Fowler's fault. (1st fumble).

5) Any complaints about Peters today? He certainly made progress, and had the blind side sealed off for most of the game.

6) The play calling was too conservative. (Having to settle for A 48 yard field goal).

7) I agreed with Jauron on the non-challenge. Royal once again reminded us of why the Skins let him walk. We need a tight end folks.

8) After all, it is hard to come from behind. it makes it harder to get a pass off under any and all circumstances. (4th quarter sack/fumble despite having a calendar month to throw).

9) When McKelvin stops hesitating, he is going to return kickoffs for touchdowns. Seriously, if he returns 5 for touchdowns this season alone, it wouldn't surprise me. This kid is explosive. Speaking of DBs, don't ask me why but I like Whitner and Youboty more, not less after this game. Again, don't ask me why, but I am dead serious.

10) Coming off the bench is never easy. It is also demoralizing. (lack of any game sense at all, and walking away from Schonert when he is talking to you).

11) Thanks Buffalo Bills, for 4 weeks of elation. Come on....can one person here deny being on top of the world during this streak? I for one believe that we will come back and defeat San Diego. :thumbsup::worthy:

12. The right defensive end made the play, so it HAD to be the fault of Peters. (Running back to the 2 yard line on a screen and getting sacked depite having perhaps twice the amount of time neccessary to get the pass away).

13. GET WELL TRENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are my thoughts, although they'll probably be deleted. Again.

Paper Tigers....this defense is a total fraud. Their first time facing a potent offense, and they cannot get off the field.

You'd think that the staff watched clips from last week's Jets-Cards game, and saw how Warner crumbled when pressured. As usual, though, the defense (especially the DEs) was unable to create consistent pressure. Is there a worse DE in the NFL than Copeland Bryan?

Where was Posluszny today?

What was particularly embarrassing was making Arrington, a 3rd string RB, look like a HOFer on one of the Cards' scoring drives (can't remember which one - there were so many).

I can't see how a team with such poor fundamentals - poor blocking, horrendouds tackling, and repeating the same mind-numbing mistakes (how many times did the Bills line up offsides this week? I believe that Ko Simpson did the same thing last week) - won their first four games. I guess that the joke of a schedule helped.

Why has the team come out so flat for 3 consecutive weeks?

The "Special" Teams have been quite mediocre as well. Seems now that getting past the 25 on KO returns has become the exception, rather than the rule.

The SD game figures to be pretty ugly....

Also, did anyone really expect Edwards to actually play 16 games (garbage time excluded)? He's shown an inability to stay healthy, both in college and the pros.

Paper Tigers....this defense is a total fraud. Their first time facing a potent offense, and they cannot get off the field.

You'd think that the staff watched clips from last week's Jets-Cards game, and saw how Warner crumbled when pressured. As usual, though, the defense (especially the DEs) was unable to create consistent pressure. Is there a worse DE in the NFL than Copeland Bryan?

What was particularly embarrassing was making Arrington, a 3rd string RB, look like a HOFer on one of the Cards' scoring drives (can't remember which one - there were so many).

I can't see how a team with such poor fundamentals - poor blocking, horrendouds tackling, and repeating the same mind-numbing mistakes (how many times did the Bills line up offsides this week? I believe that Ko Simpson did the same thing last week) - won their first four games. I guess that the joke of a schedule helped.

The "Special" Teams have been quite mediocre as well. Seems now that getting past the 25 on KO returns has become the exception, rather than the rule.

Also, did anyone really expect Edwards to actually play 16 games (garbage time excluded)? He's shown an inability to stay healthy, both in college and the pros.

Were your other posts this insightful?

lol you are a miserable human being. someone looks like a HOFer after a 13 yard gain? really?

Agreed

lol you are a miserable human being. someone looks like a HOFer after a 13 yard gain? really?

Obviously, it was hyperbole, but Arrington did convert two 3rd-and-longs, and accounted for 35 yards, on that drive.

Would you expect Xavier Omon to do the same in a regular season game?

I agree with most of your points, as usual. One major exception.

Jauron should have challenged the Royal fumble, it would have been overturned. I have little doubt about that.

JP showed the good and the bad, today. He also showed the two things he does well, that Trent would do well to learn. Blast the ball downfield, once in a while, and run with authority, when necessary. With that said, JP isn't to blame for the loss, but he isn't the guy that is going to bring you back, against a pressuring D like that, either.

I would say, "This is Trent's team", but there hasn't been any doubt about that, all year.

Finally, let's make no mistake about this, this loss belongs to The Senator. Sing it loud throughout the forum. His stupid woofing, and constant 19-0 predictions are to blame for this. If he repents, all will be well, for the rest of the season.

It was clear to me today why JP is on the bench. Although he made some good plays, overall a pretty poor performance. He held on to the ball too long in the pocket and just didn't look comfortable out there. As soon as Edwards went down I was like 'here we go again..' And I'm wondering with the way the team played today if they didn't feel demoralized after TE went down also.

I know you can't win them all but to lose like that is not very fun.

I'm glad the buy is coming up- get better Trent, we need you!

That offsides penalty was the last straw I think, we had NO chance after that.

Oh, and the O-line seemed to finally decide to run block a little.

1) It was good to see Hardy getting involved. Trent went to him in a clutch situation despite the problems last week.

2) It was due to confusion after the non-penalty call for an illegal receiver. (the costly delay of game penalty).

3) Jabari Greer had a particularly rough outing, despite making a play or 2.

4) It was entirely Fowler's fault. (1st fumble).

5) Any complaints about Peters today? He certainly made progress, and had the blind side sealed off for most of the game.

6) The play calling was too conservative. (Having to settle for A 48 yard field goal).

7) I agreed with Jauron on the non-challenge. Royal once again reminded us of why the Skins let him walk. We need a tight end folks.

8) After all, it is hard to come from behind. it makes it harder to get a pass off under any and all circumstances. (4th quarter sack/fumble despite having a calendar month to throw).

9) When McKelvin stops hesitating, he is going to return kickoffs for touchdowns. Seriously, if he returns 5 for touchdowns this season alone, it wouldn't surprise me. This kid is explosive. Speaking of DBs, don't ask me why but I like Whitner and Youboty more, not less after this game. Again, don't ask me why, but I am dead serious.

10) Coming off the bench is never easy. It is also demoralizing. (lack of any game sense at all, and walking away from Schonert when he is talking to you).

11) Thanks Buffalo Bills, for 4 weeks of elation. Come on....can one person here deny being on top of the world during this streak? I for one believe that we will come back and defeat San Diego. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

12. The right defensive end made the play, so it HAD to be the fault of Peters. (Running back to the 2 yard line on a screen and getting sacked depite having perhaps twice the amount of time neccessary to get the pass away).

13. GET WELL TRENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think we watched different games for the most part.

The world is not ending folks.

Tough outing today. The defense looked horrible & lost the game for us.

With that being said, anybody that thinks losman is a starting QB in this league should really turn their nfl fan card in today. The guy does not process information quick enough & news flash he never will. Hopefully Edwards could come back against SD because if he can not, it is going to be an uphill battle with Losman under center. Flame away.

Peters kept the streak alive Bill. 4 games, 5 sacks. Despite relatively solid pass protection, I didn't see him do all that much when they ran left. That said, nether did Butler, Fowler, Dockery, etc. on any run play. The run blocking has been piss poor this season. That's why the QBs are getting hammered. No one even cares about the Bills ability to run the ball anymore.

BTW, I think Jackson hits the hole better than Marshawn. I love Beast Mode but he eyes the big play a bit much. I hope the coaches work with him on this. He needs to pop inside and grab 4 yards instead of looking for the outside so much. McGahee got into that habit when he was here and they never broke him of it.

Peters kept the streak alive Bill. 4 games, 5 sacks. Despite relatively solid pass protection, I didn't see him do all that much when they ran left. That said, nether did Butler, Fowler, Dockery, etc. on any run play. The run blocking has been piss poor this season. That's why the QBs are getting hammered. No one even cares about the Bills ability to run the ball anymore.

I saw some nice plays by Peters -- at least two big pancake blocks. Not that it mattered.

Jauron should have challenged the Royal fumble, it would have been overturned. I have little doubt about that.

JP showed the good and the bad, today. He also showed the two things he does well, that Trent would do well to learn. Blast the ball downfield, once in a while, and run with authority, when necessary. With that said, JP isn't to blame for the loss, but he isn't the guy that is going to bring you back, against a pressuring D like that, either.

I would say, "This is Trent's team", but there hasn't been any doubt about that, all year.

Finally, let's make no mistake about this, this loss belongs to The Senator. Sing it loud throughout the forum. His stupid woofing, and constant 19-0 predictions are to blame for this. If he repents, all will be well, for the rest of the season.

You are most holy, Dean

The world is not ending folks.

Tough outing today. The defense looked horrible & lost the game for us.

With that being said, anybody that thinks losman is a starting QB in this league should really turn their nfl fan card in today. The guy does not process information quick enough & news flash he never will. Hopefully Edwards could come back against SD because if he can not, it is going to be an uphill battle with Losman under center. Flame away.

Yeah Trent really processed the info fast on the play he was knocked out of the game. :thumbsup:

Deano, you know what concerned me the most about JP today? When he turned his back on Schonert (who was talking to him) and walked away. If he does this again, I am going to join these lunatics and call for Hamdan to be the number 2.

People, did anybody else see this? I saw it as plain as day.

Hopefully Edwards could come back against SD because if he can not, it is going to be an uphill battle with Losman under center.

Regardless of whether Edwards or Losman is playing QB, it will be an uphill battle against SD.

Rivers/LT/Sproles/Hester/Chambers/Jackson/Gates >>>>> Warner/Fitz/Breaston/Doucet/James/Hightower/ HOF Arrington

I saw some nice plays by Peters -- at least two big pancake blocks. Not that it mattered.

Fair enough. I didn't have TiVo. His pass protection looked better today but I don't remember him once making it to the LBs on a run block. He was pretty much locking up with lineman and not getting free of them. Again, not entirely his fault--no one else seemed to be doing better. The only time I remember an OL downfield was when Fowler was leading Evans on the reverse, and that was a trick play.

Regardless of whether Edwards or Losman is playing QB, it will be an uphill battle against SD.

Rivers/LT/Sproles/Hester/Chambers/Jackson/Gates >>>>> Warner/Fitz/Breaston/Doucet/James/Hightower/ HOF Arrington

You mean that same San Diego team that got trounced by the Dolphins....?

Yeah, this is a young team, they need to learn from this and they got two weeks to do it. I'm not playing the "WE'RE DOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!" card yet.

:thumbsup: Yeah with the great play of the O-Line & Defense, Trent would have won the game today.

If Edwards was in there, the bills still would of lost, but if you can not admit that Edwards is better qb after the way Losman played today you are a flat out idiot. Losman will be out of the league in three years.

Deano, you know what concerned me the most about JP today? When he turned his back on Schonert (who was talking to him) and walked away. If he does this again, I am going to join these lunatics and call for Hamdan to be the number 2.

There is no need for that whatsoever...I think this is worse than not studying a playbook.....JP played today like he has for the most part of his career...some good, some poor and some...yawn....but walking away from your OC....

:thumbsup:

16)We blitzed what 2 times? We let Kurt have 10 sec to throw the ball. Front 4 can't get to the QB.

YES.... why the 4 man rush ALL GAME?!!?! It was feckless, and they did not realize this all game. The run D was sound, the pass D was wholly ineffective. Pitiful D. Granted, the ST and the offense's turnovers exacerbated things, but let's be honest- the D did not step up when the team needed it to. I liked the energy at the beginning of the 2nd half, but it dissipated so quickly. Just frustrating. However, it's not the end of the world, need a W against SD in 2 weeks, boys!

Unlike you (and many others) I don't try to guess what was being said, and the circumstances surrounding what happened, and what may have occurred a few minutes later, when no camera was pointed at the Bills' sideline.

You, of all people, should know better than to put too much stock in a few snippets of what happens on camera (especially without the sound).

You mean that same San Diego team that got trounced by the Dolphins....?

Yeah, this is a young team, they need to learn from this and they got two weeks to do it. I'm not playing the "WE'RE DOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!" card yet.

a 7-point loss is a "trouncing"?

The Bills had their a$$es handed to them by a team that was slaughtered by the Jets last week

Yeah Trent really processed the info fast on the play he was knocked out of the game. :thumbsup:

He completed a pass for a 1st down you moron! Next time you want to comment on a play 1) watch the game 2) if you're watching pay F'n attention 3)Know what the he** you're talking about or STFU

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Right, because the defense plays so much better when he is out there. :thumbsup:

Why?

I mean, I prefer if the #1 QB is in the game, and thinks it gives the Bills the best chance. But, why do you assume this team can't win with JP behind center? They certainly have won games in the past with him. My guess is, they won't beat SD if their defense plays the way it did today no matter who is at QB.

Right, because the defense plays so much better when he is out there. :thumbsup:

He just manages the game better Gary, with losman it always feels like we right on the edge of one big mistake. & if Losman did walk away from turk like bill said(I did not see that), I would have no problem starting Gilbran against SD if edwards is not healthy.

If Edwards was in there, the bills still would of lost, but if you can not admit that Edwards is better qb after the way Losman played today you are a flat out idiot. Losman will be out of the league in three years.

I have no problem admitting that Trent is a better QB. I wasn't impressed with him last year, but he won me over this season. I'm glad to see someone admit that Trent probably wouldn't have won the game either, with the way the coaching, defense and special teams played.

That being said I am tired of seeing posters pin the entire loss on JP when the defense couldn't get within spitting range of Warner and made two defensive stops all game long.

Bill,

Do you take notes during the game thinking that we are just waiting for your "thoughts"? Get over yourself.

And yes, Robert Royal is a "barometer" for this team - as long as he's the starter we know how good we are going to be.

Funny thing is, a few weeks ago, Bill (I think) said something to the effect that if Royal's hands improved, he'd be Pro Bowl-caliber