Kiffin Gone

Wacka

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Per usual, I think Davis is making a mistake. The Raider team I saw over the last three weeks played hard for Kiffin; they honestly and legitimately could be 3-1. Sure, they blew late leads, but their team (particularly on offense) is very young.

It is extremely classless to interview the guys who are in consideration for your job while you're still on staff. This is deeper than Al being unhappy with a HC he wants to humiliate him first. I believe it's because Kiffen refused to kiss his heiney hole and toss his salad. Al is a prima donna. It was the same thing with Shanahan.

Off the original topic, but, so what...

From PFTs one liners:

linkination

Very cool. The article also mentions Cutler. The best QB in the in the 2006 draft was Cutler according to Levy before the draft happened. He knows QB's.

It is extremely classless to interview the guys who are in consideration for your job while you're still on staff. This is deeper than Al being unhappy with a HC he wants to humiliate him first. I believe it's because Kiffen refused to kiss his heiney hole and toss his salad. Al is a prima donna. It was the same thing with Shanahan.

One rumor I heard was that Davis was not happy with Kiffin regarding the decision to trade Moss

Davis and Ryan have seperate meetings regarding the defence that they don't invite the head coach to, and after last season, Kiffin apparantly went to Davis and said that he thought they were getting better and on the right track, but thought a few co-ordinators should be changed and Davis turned around and told those co-ordinators that Kiffin thought they should be let go

The whole coaching staff should walk out on his Mr. Burns lookin ass. Why would you want to work under this guy?!?!?!?!?!

I understand your point, but I can think of 3-4 million reasons I'd want to do it... And its not like there are an abundance of HC jobs available every year...

As was posted, they stated during the MNF game that Davis would be interviewing HC candidates this week, but still had no plans to fire Kiffin. !?! Sounds stupid, I know; but I'm fairly certain that's what I heard.

On NFL Network, after the game, they had the former Raider GM guy talking (forget his name at the moment, but he's on Total Access from time to time). He said while he was there in the late 90's, Davis liked to run the franchise through "fear". That each week, after a loss, he would have the entire coaching and FO staff thinking they would be fired if they lost again. So, his take was this Kiffin deal is no big deal for Davis. The only problem is that somehow this time it's gotten into the media.

Seriously, who would want that job for anything other than a stepping stone to a real football team?

Kiffin was notified by a team executive Tuesday morning that Davis would call him at 9:15 a.m. PT to relieve the coach of his duties. The call came shortly after that time.

Ok... who answers that call? I would have turned my phone off and started raiding the equipment room.

the most interesting thing i have heard all morning is that kiffin is fired and Davis does NOT plan on honoring the rest of his contract.

how does he get away with that?!?!

I would guess that lawyers will have the final say in that.

Per usual, I think Davis is making a mistake. The Raider team I saw over the last three weeks played hard for Kiffin; they honestly and legitimately could be 3-1. Sure, they blew late leads, but their team (particularly on offense) is very young.

I agree, the Raiders are alot better team than people give them credit for.

The other link didn't work try this one

The inevitable became reality Tuesday when Lane Kiffin was fired by Oakland Raiders owner Al Davis without pay via the telephone, according to team sources.

Does that mean Kiffen is going to have to fight that old :pirate: for his $3.5 million.

Yup. They said on ESPN that there is a coaches union and that there will most likely be a fight for the remainder of Kiffin's salary. I dont see how Davis' breach of contract will hold up in court, and Kiffin should see his money.