Dissed!

WWVaBeach

I've heard the same sort of things on and off for a week now...But The Bills do have thier National Media supporters too...Most of the Guys on NFL Network are on the Bandwagon...Even Deion Sanders who points out The Bills are young and due for a rough week or two, but also states they are resiliant and have the potential to be a good Team for years to come..

One thing I think most of the negative-talking heads are missing is the fact that the Bills may very well be the most balanced Team, in all 3 phases, in the NFL...They may not be spectacular in any one phase (they are very good on ST's though), but they are also not bad in any one phase either...And that type of balance should keep them in games with a chance to Win in the 4th Quarter against most any NFL Team...Especially at Home...

What "experts" like Carter should keep in mind is that with every Bills Win (and they have 4 of them now vs. no losses) it becomes MUCH harder for any Team to come into Buffalo and leave with a victory...The Bills have a HUGE Home Field advantage that We as Bills Fans have not witnessed in a while because The Bills have been mediocre for Years now...We forget how much a packed Ralph can effect the outcome of a Game with The Playoffs looming...With 6 Home Games left on the Schedule, and Road Games at Miami, Arizona, and KC still remaining, I feel the Bills are looking at 10-6 as a worst case scenerio...Think about it...The Bills go .500 from this point on and they finish 10-6...They can assure that Record simply by winning ONLY their remaining Home Games...

I know it's still a ton of speculation after only 4 Games...But dissing The Bills because they supposedly have not played anyone worth mention is a joke...Jacksonville was picked by plenty of "experts" to represent The AFC in The Super Bowl this Season and The Bills beat them fair and square in 90 degree Jacksonville heat no less...The Bills have played their Schedule as it was given to them, and they are 4-0...That's all that needs to be said about it...

How they do from this point on is still up in the air...Duh!...But no matter...Just do the math...6-6 from this point on probably gets the Bills into the Playoffs...7-5 from this point on and The Bills have a darn good chance to win their Division...Think about it...The Pats have to go 9-4, and the Jets have to go 9-3 from this point on to get to 11-5...New England has Road Games remaining at Indy, Buffalo, San Diego, Seattle, Miami, and Oakland (they still have Buffalo, Denver, Pittsburgh and The Jets at Home as well)...The Jets have remaining Road Games at Buffalo, Oakland, New England, Tennessee, San Fran, and Seattle (as well as Buffalo and Denver at Home)...No matter how anyone looks at it The Bills could not possibly be in a better position than they are in now...And their hard work got them here...While perennial AFC powerhouses like New England, San Diego, and Indy were losing Games they should have won (on paper at least), The Bills were taking care of business...

Sorry about the long Post... :w00t:

No apologies necessary...that was a very good post. :thumbdown:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Tune the national media out -- they mean nothing! This will not stop, so may as well get used to it now.

When we beat the Cardinals next week, it will be because they are still recuperating from their 10-day trip east.

When we beat the Patriots later this year, it will be because they didn't have Brady.

When we beat the Jets later this year, it will be because Farve is past his prime.

When we beat the Chargers this year, it will be because they had to fly east.

When we beat the Broncos this year -- well, the media will think of SOMETHING.

When we win the Super Bowl, it will be because of SOME external factor.

Who cares!? Just win.

Go Bills

I think CC is overstating the case a little bit, but the fact remains that the teams the Bills have beat have a combined record of 4-11 this year. 4-7 in their games against other teams. Also, the Bills haven't made the playoffs since 1999 I think it was. So of course it's gonna take more than 4 games for the "experts" to notice that the Bills are good.

Don't get me wrong, I'm jacked about this start. And, our schedule doesn't get much tougher. We got SD, Cleveland, and Denver. The rest is 6 games against our weak division, KC, Arizona, and the 49ers.

A team has to put more than 4 good games together for people to believe they're good. Every year some team that's not expected to be good gets off to a great start. Some can hold on to it, and many don't. Does anyone think that Tennessee and Baltimore are super bowl ready teams too?

We're just gettin' started.

Besides, who cares what those chumps say. They don't know anymore about football than we do. Under the radar is good.

Go BILLS !!

Its probably something that is going to continue to happen until we do beat somebody perceived as a powerhouse. The Cards game this week will be our biggest game yet, IMO. They have a very good offense (even though Warner had 25 turnovers yesterday) and it should be a shootout. The D is going to have to get alot better for AZ and for the Chargers after the bye week.

If we beat AZ and SD, there should be no questions as to if the Bills are for real or not.

I agree. If we go 6-0 then there's no doubt that the team is something to be feared. Even if we split our next two games we're still in good shape.

However, I do think that there is reason to be concerned. The fact of the matter is that we were down in the fourth quarter against two of the worst teams in the NFL, no matter what the point differential at the end was.

it really makes no sense for these guys to say the Bills are a fake 4-0 and the Titans are a real 4-0.

the Titans have played just one road game and that was at the Bengals. their foes win loss record thus far is worse then the Bills foes win/loss record 3-12.

No ones saying oh the Giants suck and are a fake 3-0 because they faced the Rams and Bengals.

These guys are silly.

Come January we'll know if the Bills are one of the best or not no matter who they face, its a team in the NFL so if your beating them your a damn good team.

Back in 1999 St Louis had the weakest schedule in the NFL ~ they won the super bowl w/ that schedule.

Edit:

Carter's teams were 4-10 in the postseason, his teams lost four playoff games AT HOME, and his teams NEVER won a playoff game against a team with more than 10 wins.

So I guess Cris Carter knows what he's talking about when he says a team should "wait until they play someone good and they'll come back to the middle of the pack" or whatever it was he spewed.

Cris Carter is a joke.

Cris Carter is a HoFer and he's not wrong that we really haven't played anyone. What decent team shouldn't have beaten Oakland, St Louis, and Seattle (at home with the Chickens injury situation)?

The season is a quarter over and record-wise the BILLS couldn't be better. But that doesn't mean there aren't serious questions for this football team. It also doesn't mean they aren't making progress because they certainly are.

it really makes no sense for these guys to say the Bills are a fake 4-0 and the Titans are a real 4-0.

the Titans have played just one road game and that was at the Bengals. their foes win loss record thus far is worse then the Bills foes win/loss record 3-12.

No ones saying oh the Giants suck and are a fake 3-0 because they faced the Rams and Bengals.

These guys are silly.

Come January we'll know if the Bills are one of the best or not no matter who they face, its a team in the NFL so if your beating them your a damn good team.

Back in 1999 St Louis had the weakest schedule in the NFL ~ they won the super bowl w/ that schedule.

Good post man. It just goes to show that these announcers are going off their poor opinions and not fact.

Chris Carter just slammed us on Mike & Mike saying we are yet to play anyone. And something like 'wait til they play someone, it'll be overwith".

Why is this controversial? If I'm a non-Bills fan watching yesterday's game, I'm still trying to figure out how the Rams lost given in which they dominated the Bills for most of the game. I also thought that the Raiders were the better team for three quarters. Having said this, it is plausible that a young team like the Bills will improve as the season goes on. Right now, they've been fortunate because they've played some teams with injuries (Seattle, Jax) and management issues (Raiders, Rams). A better test will be when they play SD in three weeks.

Why is this controversial? If I'm a non-Bills fan watching yesterday's game, I'm still trying to figure out how the Rams lost given in which they dominated the Bills for most of the game. I also thought that the Raiders were the better team for three quarters. Having said this, it is plausible that a young team like the Bills will improve as the season goes on. Right now, they've been fortunate because they've played some teams with injuries (Seattle, Jax) and management issues (Raiders, Rams). A better test will be when they play SD in three weeks.

I don't think the Rams dominated most of the game. Their defense caused a lot of problems in the first half, but offensively they had one big play and one nice drive. Certainly the St. Louis D dominated the first half, but when they were unable to pad their lead I was not worried about the outcome of the game.

Now Oakland I'll give you, they controlled the pace of that game until the fourth.

One thing that I think many of you are forgetting, most WRs are nuts (you kind of have to be to play that position) so you have to consider the source. Furthermore, Carter gets paid to voice his opinions and predictions not on the accuracy of them. Finally, I guarantee that we care a lot more about him being wrong about the Bills than he does so it’s really nothing for anyone to get worked up about.

Chris Carter just slammed us on Mike & Mike saying we are yet to play anyone. And something like 'wait til they play someone, it'll be overwith".

Jax & Seattle weren't exactly "nobodies". Both were in the playoffs last year, no? Weren't the Giants written off early last season too? Carter doesn't show any common sense or objectivity.

Cris Carter is a HoFer and he's not wrong that we really haven't played anyone. What decent team shouldn't have beaten Oakland, St Louis, and Seattle (at home with the Chickens injury situation)?

The season is a quarter over and record-wise the BILLS couldn't be better. But that doesn't mean there aren't serious questions for this football team. It also doesn't mean they aren't making progress because they certainly are.

All good points but I will not consider Cris Carter a true HOFer until Andre is in. The fact he made it first still rankles me.

Now I know there are a lot of Jason Peters haters out there, and for good reason. The dude has given up 4 sacks already (by my count), two more than his overall total from last year. But we all know how well he can play, and how well he did play last year. He's been practicing now for almost a month, and he should (no, HE BETTER) get his act together by the Cards game. '

I'm sure Mr. Parker is calling Jason everyday, asking "WTF are you doing?" Our line overall has been poor, but a lot of it has to do with Peters. Our supposed "road grader" in Dockery is just getting used to playing with his old linemate again. Walker wasn't able to play his natural position through training camp, and while he is in game shape, he is still remembering how to play his RT position (this might be a stretch). But these guys will jell again, and we'll see how it fares.

And on Schobel, correct me if I'm wrong, but I noticed yesterday it was him and not Stroud that was getting a lot of double teams from the Rams. He's obviously not living up to the 7 mil a year contract he's making, but he'll come around.

As much as we wanted to see our team dominate all four quarters of the past three games, this wins are definitely great lessons for this team, and only make our guys buy into Jauron's system that much more. Moreover, 3 straight 4th quarter comebacks only help the players on the sideline, when this happens again. They've been in the position before, and they have the chance to say "Remember what we did in Sept." We cannot discount the fact that they are a young team, and wins like this will only help them down the road.

You think the Rams dominated a Bills team that shut them out 25-0 in the final 30 minutes in their stadium???

You think the Rams dominated a Bills team that shut them out 25-0 in the final 30 minutes in their stadium???

I think that into the early third quarter, the Rams looked like the better team. They put tons of pressure on Edwards, the Bills receivers weren't getting open, and they were running at will on the Bills D. Plus they forced a turnover and the Bills hadn't. Plus they were up 14-6. Once Lynch got a couple of nice runs in Rams territory in the third, that turned the tide.

The Rams outyarded the Bills pretty badly -- 380 to 270 -- and had more first downs. Their QB simply made a horrible mistake at the beginning of the 4th which killed them.

The game changed on the Edwards' "pass" that ended up in the hands of Josh Reed during the first drive of the third quarter. That led to the Jackson TD and the Rams went into "whoa is me" mode. If you think the BILLS weren't being dominated to that point, you're dead wrong.