How Important is Training Camp?

JohninMinn.

I'm hoping he looks at the film and is embarassed. Jauron should sit him until he's ready.

I'm guessing it was Jauron's choice to put him with only 1 week's practice and let him start! :flirt: Jason was in no position to dicate playing time.

We didn't need Peters until next week's game when he would be "football ready". I bet Walker would've done alot better on the left side these past 3 games and Chambers on the other side. Remember, these two shut down the potent pass rush of those Seahawks. The last 3 teams we played can't say they have anything to rival them. Jason kept getting beat by rookies and other nobodies. :rolleyes:

Maybe he should change his name from "Mr. Pro Bowl" to "Mr. Everything Edwards screws up gets blamed on me" Peters.

It can't be Edwards fault because he has pocket presence.

You are right Edwards caused those 2 penalties. Trent also should never let those darn DL get by Peters either.

You are right Edwards caused those 2 penalties. Trent also should never let those darn DL get by Peters either.

And Peters shouldn't make Trent bounce balls off of linebackers helmets 30 yards downfield.

And he also shouldn't let him throw picks to a guy and then be shown hugging him and having a long conversation after the game.

He says it's only a few plays every week that he wishes he could have back....however when those plays result in TE getting planted. i'd say those were important ones........... Chris Long made him look like a steaming pile of dog crap on one inside move

Maybe he should change his name from "Mr. Pro Bowl" to "Mr. Everything Edwards screws up gets blamed on me" Peters.

It can't be Edwards fault because he has pocket presence.

Agree to a point. Peters needs to win 1 on 1 with DE's while Trent needs to recognize the blitz faster and get rid of the ball.

And Peters shouldn't make Trent bounce balls off of linebackers helmets 30 yards downfield.

And he also shouldn't let him throw picks to a guy and then be shown hugging him and having a long conversation after the game.

Peters has given up at least a sack game since his return, plus Lynch had a huge run wiped out by a holding penalty by Jason "Pay Me" Peters.

Sorry Jason, this is a league of what have you done for me lately, and your performances don't equate to $7 million/yr. ;)

"Bills offensive left tackle Jason Peters may be doubting—if not regretting—his offseason strategy to try to force the team into giving him a new contract. Peters was MIA throughout OTAs, minicamp and the preseason before finally ending his holdout the day before the regular-season opener.

After being held out of the first game, the rusty Peters gave up three sacks in the next two games. That’s one more than he gave up in 15 starts in 2007, when he was selected to the Pro Bowl.

In the first half of Sunday’s game, Peters committed two penalties. He was cited for holding at the St. Louis 32 on Buffalo’s first series, and the Bills ultimately settled for a field goal. Peters later was whistled for a false start."

- yahoo...too lazy to post link

"Bills offensive left tackle Jason Peters may be doubting—if not regretting—his offseason strategy to try to force the team into giving him a new contract. Peters was MIA throughout OTAs, minicamp and the preseason before finally ending his holdout the day before the regular-season opener.

After being held out of the first game, the rusty Peters gave up three sacks in the next two games. That’s one more than he gave up in 15 starts in 2007, when he was selected to the Pro Bowl.

In the first half of Sunday’s game, Peters committed two penalties. He was cited for holding at the St. Louis 32 on Buffalo’s first series, and the Bills ultimately settled for a field goal. Peters later was whistled for a false start."

"Peters then drown his sorrows by swimming in an enormous vault filled with gold dubloons and $100 bills."

worst post ive seen all day....

hes not allowed to congratulate a guy he went to school with after a WIN that he knows? grow up...its football, not a battle for middlearth

I'm guessing it was Jauron's choice to put him with only 1 week's practice and let him start! :doh: Jason was in no position to dicate playing time.

We didn't need Peters until next week's game when he would be "football ready". I bet Walker would've done alot better on the left side these past 3 games and Chambers on the other side. Remember, these two shut down the potent pass rush of those Seahawks. The last 3 teams we played can't say they have anything to rival them. Jason kept getting beat by rookies and other nobodies. ;)

A guy gets into football shape by playing. :lol:

Peters has given up at least a sack game since his return, plus Lynch had a huge run wiped out by a holding penalty by Jason "Pay Me" Peters.

Sorry Jason, this is a league of what have you done for me lately, and your performances don't equate to $7 million/yr. :D

Not a great way to show you deserve a big raise, eh!

:lol: i could have him taken care of

You know a guy to stitch his mouth closed?

"Peters then drown his sorrows by swimming in an enormous vault filled with gold dubloons and $100 bills."

Gold dubloons and pieces of eight, pieces of eight.

PETERS SHOULD CALL HIS AGENT AND TELL HIM HE'S COMING OVER TO KICK-HIS-ASS!!!

worst post ive seen all day....

hes not allowed to congratulate a guy he went to school with after a WIN that he knows? grow up...its football, not a battle for middlearth

Dude. I hate to break it to you but the battle for middlearth is fiction. Those people at the conventions are just normal people all dressed up. And yes I use the the normal looseleaf.

As for Trent, yes the game was over but during the game he threw it right to the guy. They guy will probably use the stat to try and get a raise. The Rams should keep the tape of that throw.

And our center was penalized for tripping on our best running play of the day. And Walker was embarassed on one of the sacks he gave up. And, oh yeah, it is so rare for a lineman to get hit with a false start on the road in a noisy stadium with the crowd revved up, absolutely never happens.

We must truly be an amazing team to be 4-0 with such a terrible LT manning the edge.

And our center was penalized for tripping on our best running play of the day. And Walker was embarassed on one of the sacks he gave up. And, oh yeah, it is so rare for a lineman to get hit with a false start on the road in a noisy stadium with the crowd revved up, absolutely never happens.

We must truly be an amazing team to be 4-0 with such a terrible LT manning the edge.

Hey Eugene, face it, right now your client isn't playing like he wants a raise.....

he got beaten like a rented mule by a rookie!

not a great job by our pro bowl LT

Peters was the best lineman we had yesterday. Perhaps Dockery. Peters missed one pass block the entire game. You guys should really watch the plays. His hold was costly to be sure. He surely isnt back to his play of last year when he hardly ever missed a play or caused a sack, but he's easily our best lineman. Again he was glaringly bad on 2-3 plays and pretty dominant or doing his job the rest of them. I'm not excusing the 2-3 plays but he was hardly the problem yesterday.

Peters gave up some plays, but made more than his share of them. It's not like Trent's blindside protected itself and the offense did score 24 points.

That being said, Peters has not performed like a Pro Bowl LT so far, much less an All-Pro one. Any fantasies he or his agent had about him missing all that time and magically picking-up where he left-off, not to mention a new deal this year, are rapidly vanishing. And if he doesn't show major improvement before the end of the season, he might not even get a new contract before next season gets underway, i.e. after he's put in the work he should have over the off-season.