Lane Kiffin to Syracuse?

The Dean

Greg Robinson's potential replacement as SU football coach?

That would be a major upgrade after "coaching" the Faders:

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/67376

I know it's a rumor site but #1 Robinson hasn't been fired yet. #2 I'm sure if they do fire him, I hope they do, they haven't made any decisions on his replacement.

on the plus side, at least he HAS some head coaching expierience, unlike robinson (what a horrible decision he was). on the downside, he is the current coach for the god awful raiders. personally, i'd like to see larry coker at the cuse.. hopefully he'd bring in some thugs. That would fill up the old carrier dome.

As long as Kiffin is in Buffalo, maybe they should just make it official on Sunday.

:pirate:

When the Raiders get demolished Sunday, Al Davis can fire Kiffin in the locker room. Then he can just stay behind and grab the Greyhound to Salt City.

PTR

He can catch a ride back to the Cuse with me.

Actually, PTR, are you driving out this week? I may want to car pool if you are.

It's still a long shot IMO.

It may be a rumor, but I don't see why it is far fetched? He's a young guy with some significant experience & looking to make a name for himself. SU is obviously in shambles but still a major program. IMO it's pretty much the exact type of situation where there might be some mutual interest. I don't think they have to settle for a DII guy and it's not like they're going to land Bill Cowher or somebody.

Greg Robinson's potential replacement as SU football coach?

That would be a major upgrade after "coaching" the Faders:

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/67376

I dont know, have you seen Syracuse play lately Dean, they are god awfull. Just maybe, besides probably Florida International, the worst team in D-1 College football.

I dont know, have you seen Syracuse play lately Dean, they are god awfull. Just maybe, besides probably Florida International, the worst team in D-1 College football.

Yes, they are pretty damn bad, it seems. But, I think that any job for Kiffin, where he is appreciated and allowed to do his job with minimal interference from a psychotic rotting corpse, is an improvement.

Cant do any worse then that lame @ss they have in Cuse now.......

Robinson is a terrible HC. The Jones brothers that play for Syracuse one plays DL right now and the other will play DL for them live right down the street from me. I see them all the time walking their dogs I frequently try to recruit them for my flag football team if they dont go further then college ball......

One thing to remember is one of the more influential SU alums is none other than Big Al hisself. Would SU alienate him by hiring Kiffin? Not likely.

Here's my conspiracy theory on that. If the position becomes open at SU does Al Davis fire Lane Kiffin allowing him to take the job? The agreement being that the rest of his Raiders contract would be voided.

Al is like Ralph. He's trying to get Kiffin to quit so he doesn't have to pay him.

Here's my conspiracy theory on that. If the position becomes open at SU does Al Davis fire Lane Kiffin allowing him to take the job? The agreement being that the rest of his Raiders contract would be voided.

Al is like Ralph. He's trying to get Kiffin to quit so he doesn't have to pay him.

Has Ralph ever tried to harass a coach into quitting?

He tried & succeeded to get Meathead to resign.

I thought you might reach for that, or Wade. Both are nothing like what goes on in Oakland. In fact, Marv asked Meathead to STAY, if you recall correctly.

But, even if you believe Ralph wanted MM gone, he didn't harass and embarrass him throughout the year, so that it was obvious to the team and the fans that the coach didn't have the owner's support.

I think that the college game is more suited for Kiffin. He was under the tutelidge of Pete Carroll at USC and has the same kind of attitude. He's like the guy's "mini-me" almost, except for the fact that they look nothing alike. I believe that the guy would excel at the college level and be able to build a solid program. He is a very smart offensive minded person and worked with one of the best defensive minds in college football in Carroll. If it's in Syracuse though you'd have to allow the guy about 5 years to turn things around, but it could be done.

One thing to remember is one of the more influential SU alums is none other than Big Al hisself. Would SU alienate him by hiring Kiffin? Not likely.

This may be true but one of if not the most famous SU alums also said that things must change there and change soon. That person was none other than Jim Brown who pretty much put SU on the map, even as small as that map is now. Gotta feeling when the most known ahlete/person comes from there and says that as he did in the SU website and paper, that it will have some serious wieght. Would love to see Kiffin there and hope it happens as the program has fallen beyond belief. Grew up watching the QB's the likes of Scherr, McPherson, Graves and of course McNabb. For some reason can't get someone to follow that "bloodline" like before. Oh well maybe they can rebound like our beloved Bills can!!!!