Temper our enthusiasm

VABills

I think you should all stop acting like 13 year olds and cut the sarcasm. He is right. No one is saying you can't be enthusiastic or happy or thankful or excited....but all this 13-3 and superbowl stuff and afc east champ stuff needs to stop for a little bit.

I am very excited and I think this could be a very special season and we can do some damage, but let's just at least wait until the bye week.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are 2-0, which is nice. You can only beat the teams on the schedule which we have. But folks we have beaten two very injured teams, missing a lot of their stars and depth. The collective records of the teams we have beaten if 0 for. They have won nothing. They are terrible teams. Granted we’re better, but how much better, we won’t know until we actually play someone who has won a game, and has most of their players there.

Until then count me as one who still thinks the bandwagon bus should remain in the garage.

I am going to give you a little more slack than most here because as a Bills Fan, I hate to say it but there is a part of me expecting things to collapse in a strange way when it comes to football. We have been down that road far too often. :lol:

This time around, I am very positive. Here's why:

We are 2-0. So are the Giants, and they haven't exactly been trouncing great teams either. Our 2-0 is no worse than theirs. If we can win at home on Sunday, we will have 2 conference wins and be 3-0. This would make us a serious playoff contender. We could end the last 13 games at 7-6 and have 10 wins.

They need to shore up certain areas. I want more production from the DEs, and Peters needs to shake off the rust. Still, Trent looks very good, and now they even got Hardy into the mix. Stroud and Poz make them a more physical team and they really needed this. The special teams look good once again. Lynch is scoring touchdowns.

There is a lot to like VA, and a playoff berth wouldn't surprise me. I am going to ride out the happiness as long as I can, and suggest that you do the same. :thumbsup:

I think you should all stop acting like 13 year olds and cut the sarcasm. He is right. No one is saying you can't be enthusiastic or happy or thankful or excited....but all this 13-3 and superbowl stuff and afc east champ stuff needs to stop for a little bit.

I am very excited and I think this could be a very special season and we can do some damage, but let's just at least wait until the bye week.

You have to know VABills to appreciate some of the responses, he is for the most part, a miserable human being. It's hard to say whether he does it on purpose (which he probably does) or is serious with his posts. Had it been someone else, the sarcasm wouldn't be as thick. I do agree with your post, but you're fairly new and will get used to some of the regulars real quick...GO BILLS!!!

I am going to give you a little more slack than most here because as a Bills Fan, I hate to say it but there is a part of me expecting things to collapse in a strange way when it comes to football. We have been down that road far too often. :(

This time around, I am very positive. Here's why:

We are 2-0. So are the Giants, and they haven't exactly been trouncing great teams either. Our 2-0 is no worse than theirs. If we can win at home on Sunday, we will have 2 conference wins and be 3-0. This would make us a serious playoff contender. We could end the last 13 games at 7-6 and have 10 wins.

They need to shore up certain areas. I want more production from the DEs, and Peters needs to shake off the rust. Still, Trent looks very good, and now they even got Hardy into the mix. Stroud and Poz make them a more physical team and they really needed this. The special teams look good once again. Lynch is scoring touchdowns.

There is a lot to like VA, and a playoff berth wouldn't surprise me. I am going to ride out the happiness as long as I can, and suggest that you do the same. ;)

Bills off to a great start and looking at their schedule, these first 2 games looked like 2 of the tougher out of division games on the schedule. Suddenly 10 wins or more looks within reach. 10-11 wins might even be enough to win the Division. Pats are gonna take their lumps along the way.

SUPER BOWL!

SUPER BOWL!

SUPER BOWL!

SUPER BOWL!

SUPER BOWL!

SUPER BOWL!

SUPER BOWL!

;)

Bills off to a great start and looking at their schedule, these first 2 games looked like 2 of the tougher out of division games on the schedule. Suddenly 10 wins or more looks within reach. 10-11 wins might even be enough to win the Division. Pats are gonna take their lumps along the way.

Also keep in mind just how bad Jax needed that game. They are now 0-2 and limping into Indy. As a matter of fact, the rest of their schedule is brutal, and they are probably all but finished. That is probably why Del Rio pulled that fake. They were hurt, but the Bills beat a fairly good, and desperate team on the road in 92 degree weather.

Not too shabby imo.

IMHO ... for what it's worth

I also say just the two wins against wounded teams don't mean much as far as being a yardstick for the abilities of this team ...... but ....

also IMHO

The things that DO speak volumes are;

1.) Our inexperianced QB played well on the road, he did not panic in the third quarter when it looked like the wheels were about to fall off our bandwagon. TE just went and continued playing with confidence within his gameplan and the team rallied to take back the game.

2.) Our team is NOT commiting stupid drive killing fouls .... sure we've been called on a few, but those false starts, off sides, holding penalties have pretty much been held to a minimum.

3.) The Bills are playing hard from the opening whistle until the closing gun ..... no more protecting a two point lead by going into the prevent defense.

4.) Even though Seattle and Jax had injuries rendering their offense less than it could be, their real strength has always been in their defense, which we performed rather well against.

So yeah .... I agree ... we just beat two crippled teams ...... but I LOVE the way we've beat them.

IMHO ... for what it's worth

I also say just the two wins against wounded teams don't mean much as far as being a yardstick for the abilities of this team ...... but ....

also IMHO

So yeah .... I agree ... we just beat two crippled teams ...... but I LOVE the way we've beat them.

Yes I agree. To the nay-sayers, I say that why don't we enjoy the fact that we are 2-0. The league is not made up of teams that are healthy across the board. Wins are tough to come by in the pseudo-parity that exists. We have been on the other side of the fence for far too long. It is time for other teams to now start making excuses for their loses to us. I am perfectly happy where we are at. 2-0 and a real chance of going 4-0 and 6-2 (tough games against Cards and Chargers). When is the last time we truly believed we deserved that record ?

I am all for tempering our enthusiasm as a Superbowl-bound team but not for being an winning team in the present with a future that is bright.

We are 2-0, which is nice. You can only beat the teams on the schedule which we have. But folks we have beaten two very injured teams, missing a lot of their stars and depth. The collective records of the teams we have beaten if 0 for. They have won nothing. They are terrible teams. Granted we're better, but how much better, we won't know until we actually play someone who has won a game, and has most of their players there.

Until then count me as one who still thinks the bandwagon bus should remain in the garage.

I am just taking it a week at a time and am delighted the Bills are 2-0. They are building confidence, and need to not become overconfident.

The bandwagon bus is in the driveway, waiting for the next game as usual (metaphorically speaking). Come on board! ;)

Both of you jokers go crawl back into a hole. what can the Bills do to make you feel better about a 2-0 start? every team has injuries, i'm sick of hearing about that as excuses for the first 2 weeks. did we get a mulligan last year since we had 134 guys in IR? no. play-calling? really? We moved the ball all day; and had the ball for 1:30 (or something close) in the 3rd quarter; and we scored on both possessions in the 4th quarter. what else do you want?

yes, tackling was bad; but Garrard is a big dude, and who knows if the sweat, wetness, heat or whatever played a factor. i'm not too worried about our defense as we have for the most part shut down Seattle and J-Ville.

Would you say the same thing to Dick Jauron? The missed tackles are inexcusable as is the predictable conservative play calling. If the Bills lost yesterday everyone would be calling for Jauron's head.

BTW, where in my original post do I make any mention of injuries as the reason for the Bills win? It was a hard fought game but the Bills should have taken this one by at least 10 points.

You have to know VABills to appreciate some of the responses, he is for the most part, a miserable human being. It's hard to say whether he does it on purpose (which he probably does) or is serious with his posts. Had it been someone else, the sarcasm wouldn't be as thick. I do agree with your post, but you're fairly new and will get used to some of the regulars real quick...GO BILLS!!!

ah, gotcha. I know his type.

What the hell then, superbowl!

First of all....VA is right

BUT

People need to understand this is a very YOUNG team......and getting all these softies at the beginning of our schedule is also helping them to biuld confidence for when they actually do play a really good team.

Also.....how many years have we missed the playoffs thinking "god if we just would have won that game we could have back on such and such"

Well....WE ARE DOING THAT

First of all....VA is right

BUT

People need to understand this is a very YOUNG team......and getting all these softies at the beginning of our schedule is also helping them to biuld confidence for when they actually do play a really good team.

Also.....how many years have we missed the playoffs thinking "god if we just would have won that game we could have back on such and such"

Well....WE ARE DOING THAT

What a difference a few weeks make! I remember before week 1 a lot of folks here thought the Bills had a good chance of going 0-2 against those "softies"....GO BILLS!!!!

I guess then, to feel better about ourselves the Bills should lose to Oakland.

No.

A good butt whipping in front of the home crowd would be great.

I still have my reservations about TE, he had trouble with the wet ball in week one.

He was very good yesterday, I'll cut him some slack on the fumble(which a lot of people around here would never do for JP)

I thought the play calling was good, they seemed to keep the Jags D guessing.

No.

A good butt whipping in front of the home crowd would be great.

I still have my reservations about TE, he had trouble with the wet ball in week one.

He was very good yesterday, I'll cut him some slack on the fumble(which a lot of people around here would never do for JP)

I thought the play calling was good, they seemed to keep the Jags D guessing.

Could you imagine how bad this board would have ridiculed him to no end if he had wore a glove in the rain as Roethlisberger did last night?

Two of last year's top playoff teams from both conferences played early on our schedule are now in the bag. I don't care where you park the frickin bandwagon, I'm a bills fan through any conditions, and I'm going to enjoy these victories no matter how many injuries those teams had.

I can tell you where I'd like to stuff the bandwagon though.....

Quit moaning, enjoy this team to it's fullest while we can, or until it is known they will be the Bills for a very long time.