Hope you like Dick

PromoTheRobot

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Better player make a better coach and at this point I believe Dick is better than Marv was in his time here.

;) Let's not lose our heads here. If he leads the Bills to four consecutive SB's we can start talking about that.

I am not sure any of us, myself included, can be very objective after the euphoria of the last two games but all in all, Jauron has done a good job. If this keeps up, we would be foolish not to make sure he doesn't find a greener pasture. Anybody know what April's contract numbers are? I wouldn't want him testing the market with the incredible job he has done for our ST's.

April has the title of Asst. Head coach because another team can only offer a coach another job as long as it's above the current job he has now. So the only way another team could take him is to offer him a HC's job. I believe he's very happy here. He was here before Jauron was and stayed with Jauron when he came in. He could have gone somewhere else.

So, the consensus is that we want to extend Dick? How long?

So, you're suggesting we triple its size?

Wait...what?

nevermind.

When are these stupid jokes about Dick gonna to stop coming?

Right now I dont have an issue with it. Players seem to love the guy and give everything they got for him on the field. This team looks for real.........

Hey, bout time we dont have to look for another HC

And most of all, Ralph loves it, because he can get a HC on the cheap and not have to pay a GM...:-)

I like MY Dick, so I got that going for me, which is nice.

So far, I am relatively happy with Jauron's performance as HC. But, it is premature to give Dick an extension, IMO. I'd wait for a few more wins, to prove there has been real growth.

Dick

HEAD coach

Extension

Premature

Growth

I crack me up.

V ery

I nflammatory

A nswer,

G uarded

R evealing

A nnotation!

April has the title of Asst. Head coach because another team can only offer a coach another job as long as it's above the current job he has now. So the only way another team could take him is to offer him a HC's job. I believe he's very happy here. He was here before Jauron was and stayed with Jauron when he came in. He could have gone somewhere else.

I think that only applies while April is under contract. I assume he can take any job offered to him, once his contract ends.

And most of all, Ralph loves it, because he can get a HC on the cheap and not have to pay a GM...:-)

Ah, yes. Can't have a thread like this without someone taking a stupid cheap shot at Ralph.

Seems like there's lots swelled heads around here after going so long without an end in sight. I agree its been deflating for fans watching this team take it in the rear , time after time.

I have to agree though, being on top twice,doesn't mean we have to jump all over Dick just yet.

What's in front of this team is long and hard , they will need support and guidance, lets hope our Dick is up to the challenge.

I think that only applies while April is under contract. I assume he can take any job offered to him, once his contract ends.

Ah, yes. Can't have a thread like this without someone taking a stupid cheap shot at Ralph.

No pun intended? :(

Seems like there's lots swelled heads around here after going so long without an end in sight. I agree its been deflating for fans watching this team take it in the rear , time after time.

I have to agree though, being on top twice,doesn't mean we have to jump all over Dick just yet.

What's in front of this team is long and hard , they will need support and guidance, lets hope our Dick is up to the challenge.

Aye Yi Yi. ;)

No, not comparing the players from the two teams. Merely suggesting that our players are getting better on today's team. However, Dick seems to be as good or better than Marv who for the most part came into a much better group of players

Oh please, stop.

Jauron has yet to prove he can consistently beat the better teams in the league.

Jauron has yet to prove he can win consistently from season to season.

Jauron has yet to prove he can win a playoff game.

When Jauron accomplishes those tasks, we'll talk. Otherwise, put down the crack pipe.

Oh please, stop.

Jauron has yet to prove he can consistently beat the better teams in the league.

When Jauron accomplishes those tasks, we'll talk. Otherwise, put down the crack pipe.

Brief yet right on target.

Oh please, stop.

They will most certainly extend the contract BEFORE the end of the season. I doubt, if this doesn't get done by the end of the year, that DJ will be back as the Bills' HC.

They will most certainly extend the contract BEFORE the end of the season. I doubt, if this doesn't get done by the end of the year, that DJ will be back as the Bills' HC.

I was responding to the poster who tried to claim DJ was just as good, if not better, than Marv Levy.

As for extending DJ's contract, I would prefer the Bills wait until a playoff spot and/or winning season (9-7 or better) is assured.

If Dick cannot produce a winner with this soft schedule, he needs to be taken out back and shot. (and no, I do not mean that literally).

I was responding to the poster who tried to claim DJ was just as good, if not better, than Marv Levy.

As for extending DJ's contract, I would prefer the Bills wait until a playoff spot and/or winning season (9-7 or better) is assured.

If Dick cannot produce a winner with this soft schedule, he needs to be taken out back and shot. (and no, I do not mean that literally).

I agree with both of those comments. I think they may actually extend, once it's clear the team is very good, and winning regularly. I'd love to wait until late December, but I doubt that will happen.

I like MY Dick, so I got that going for me, which is nice.

[/b]

So far, I am relatively happy with Jauron's performance as HC. But, it is premature to give Dick an extension, IMO. I'd wait for a few more wins, to prove there has been real growth.

Dick

HEAD coach

Extension

Premature

Growth

I crack me up.

I love the subtle Caddyshack(Bill Murray) reference as well. Every time I think of that scene talking about caddying for the Dali Lama I smile

You don't know Dick!

The Bills without Jauron would be Dickless just like a friggin dolphin.