Hope you like Dick

PromoTheRobot

How about we make sure we sign his staff to an extension too? Especially Bobby April and McNally! And if Turk can keep revitalizing our offence (which I thought would be questionable this season and love getting proven wrong on thus far) sign him too!

A head coach's success is the sum of the staff he chooses. He majorly whiffed with Fairchild (easily the worst OC in recent memory) but may have rectified that with Schonert.

McNally retired. But, I'm sure he'd take the $$.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How about we make sure we sign his staff to an extension too? Especially Bobby April and McNally! And if Turk can keep revitalizing our offence (which I thought would be questionable this season and love getting proven wrong on thus far) sign him too!

A head coach's success is the sum of the staff he chooses. He majorly whiffed with Fairchild (easily the worst OC in recent memory) but may have rectified that with Schonert.

McNally retired at the end of last season.

Getting your players to play hard is very underrated in the NFL, and a lot of coaches can't do it. Jauron can.

Excellent point and I totally agree. Proof is that our decimated team last year played their hearts out every play. Maybe we weren't great, but they never gave up in a game that I can remember.

Right now I dont have an issue with it. Players seem to love the guy and give everything they got for him on the field. This team looks for real.........

Hey, bout time we dont have to look for another HC

When Dick was hired Troy Vincent called around to his friends that had played for him and couldn't find anyone that would say something bad about him. He treats them like men and they respect that.

I am not a huge fan of Jauron because at times i think he can get to conservative. I figured he would get an extension sometime here soon. His choices for Offensive and Defensive Coordinators were controversal but it looks like the fruits of their labor is finally paying off.

I think that everyone can see that the Players like playing for Jauron. Jauron isn't a big Rah Rah coach like we saw in Del Rio today but on the few occassions they show him stalking the sidelines he is always slapping the back of players and such.

I have heard some practices where he was mic'd up and he would refer to the players as Men. I think players like playing for a guy who appears to be cool and calm like Jauron is on the sidelines. He treats them with respect, etc... I personally don't understand how players like playing for Gruden, etc.. who scream all the damn time. It's annoying.

Those kinds of coaches wear out after awhile and players just stop listening to them. Marv Levy said it wasn't his job to motivate the players and I agree with that. It seems that what Polian and Levy look for in draft picks is self motivated guys. A HC that doesn't get too high or too low passes that on to his players.

I like MY Dick, so I got that going for me, which is nice.

So far, I am relatively happy with Jauron's performance as HC. But, it is premature to give Dick an extension, IMO. I'd wait for a few more wins, to prove there has been real growth.

Dick

HEAD coach

Extension

Premature

Growth

I crack me up.

From what I hear you're the only one. :thumbsup: I though about using this smiley :lol: but was afraid it could be misinterpreted.

Rumor has it that Peters is behind Dick.

Ba dum bum Ptsch.

as I sat and watched the TV today they showed what both coaches and what they were doing on the sideline.

Jauron......cool and composed. Paying attention to what was going on the field. Steady....not too up or down.

Del Rio.....bitching to the ref at every turn......cheerleader running around getting his guys pumped up......high fiving players and they came off the field and getting excited after every positve play......then from what I understand he didn't have the class to shake DJ's hand after the game.

Which guy won the game? Give DJ his extension and pray to god we can keep this coaching staff together.

With success comes coaching poaching. The first guy to be offered a HCing job is Fewell IMO.

He got a 5 year deal to begin with, wait until year 4 for an extension assuming playoffs this year and next.

Had the Bills lost yesterday it would have been a fine example of Jauron getting out-coached yet again and most of us (myself included) would be calling for his head.

I am not sure any of us, myself included, can be very objective after the euphoria of the last two games but all in all, Jauron has done a good job. If this keeps up, we would be foolish not to make sure he doesn't find a greener pasture. Anybody know what April's contract numbers are? I wouldn't want him testing the market with the incredible job he has done for our ST's.

He got a 5 year deal to begin with, wait until year 4 for an extension assuming playoffs this year and next.

Had the Bills lost yesterday it would have been a fine example of Jauron getting out-coached yet again and most of us (myself included) would be calling for his head.

No so fast my friend. Dick in last year of three year deal

Alright, somebody talk keepthefaith down off of the ledge.

I'm not yet sold on the guy. However, coming out of the gate 2-0 erases one of my peeves that his teams tend to start the season slowly. Great step in the right direction. Doesn't he have another year past this one on his current deal? I'd wait til after this year to extend him if that's the case. If the Bills earn a playoff birth this year, it will be interesting to see if the style of play Dick is deploying is a winning recipe in the playoffs. Making the playoffs alone would a big accomplishment for the entire organization and Dick would be due a lot of credit for that.

Very cautiously optimistic (in true Jauron fashion)

So the players today are better top to bottom than the SB teams?

No, not comparing the players from the two teams. Merely suggesting that our players are getting better on today's team. However, Dick seems to be as good or better than Marv who for the most part came into a much better group of players