Jim McNally had some very cool things to say about Peters.

I'm in the process of editing the interview down so that I can post a link to just the Peters portion of the conversation w/ Jim.

Jim is a regular part of the UB pregame show. I usually interview him separate from the radio show but this week it worked out best to have him on as a live guest and, while the focus was on UB, I had to get some Peters stuff in. So, I encourage you to listen to the whole thing but the shortened version will be here shortly.

Not discounting McNally's opinions here, but who cares what he thinks. He had years to deliver a solid line and failed miserably.

Peters made the Pro Bowl in his 2nd year of being a left tackle, 3rd year starter I believe. Very talented but he was as we all know very raw. McNally taught him; but in the clip didn't take ANY credit for Peters success.

I don't think many teams, and all we can speak about are last year and the previous McNally years, would take Melvin and Brad off our hands. Plus look at all the O-lineman we have let go. Who among them is doing anything? Aren't some of them out of the league at still a fairly young age?

JP, some of our wide receivers, and Trent all played so-so at best last year.

Plus the big X-factor, or should I say 0 factor... Fairchild! Everybody knew what was coming.

So IMO to say McNally didn't do a good job wit the O-line is oversimplifying things. To my recollection Donahoe never drafted a decent O-lineman except for the oft injured Jonas Jennings. We signed 2 good free agents last year, but the O-line experts I've heard say continuity is required for this to work best. hopefully they will stay healthy and get a 2nd year together. That ain't much time. We all know that continuity has been severely lacking. For what, close to 10 years or more on the O-line?

Peters made the Pro Bowl in his 2nd year of being a left tackle, 3rd year starter I believe. Very talented but he was as we all know very raw. McNally taught him; but in the clip didn't take ANY credit for Peters success.

I don't think many teams, and all we can speak about are last year and the previous McNally years, would take Melvin and Brad off our hands. Plus look at all the O-lineman we have let go. Who among them is doing anything? Aren't some of them out of the league at still a fairly young age?

JP, some of our wide receivers, and Trent all played so-so at best last year.

Plus the big X-factor, or should I say 0 factor... Fairchild! Everybody knew what was coming.

So IMO to say McNally didn't do a good job wit the O-line is oversimplifying things. To my recollection Donahoe never drafted a decent O-lineman except for the oft injured Jonas Jennings. We signed 2 good free agents last year, but the O-line experts I've heard say continuity is required for this to work best. hopefully they will stay healthy and get a 2nd year together. That ain't much time. We all know that continuity has been severely lacking. For what, close to 10 years or more on the O-line?

Good retort. You'll get to know Kat and his ilk in short order and realize it's kinda fruitless to debate..

Welcome aboard!

Thanks for the welcomes and glad to share a clip from the NFL insider who knows J Peters work better than anybody... The Mouse.

"....other teams study film of him as the prototype offensive lineman..."

Sot its not just McNally that sees just how good this guy really is, and still getting better.

Where or where are all those who posted that they didn't want him back?

yeah like mcnally is going to say anything bad. He pegged his horses to the kid and pretty much ignored the rest of the line while he was here. Great Jom, you made a pretty good tackle out of a FA. Too bad you let our first round draft pick hanging in the wind and haven't had a good guard or center here since before you should up.

Friggen loser Mcnally, you're gone, STFU. the line is much better without you.

Pretty much all of the OL experts here have had a lot of good things to say about Butler. Do you have any semblance of a reason for bashing him?

Bashing Butler are your words, not mine.

I don't think he would have started on a number of teams LAST YEAR.

Some will agree, some won't. Same old same old.

New year obviously..jury's still out on him and others.

I hope he succeeds. I hope he becomes an all-pro. He's got the desire and size so that's a start.

You shared your opinion, just don't accuse me of bashing someone when you didn't check to see how I project him going forward.

You said there are O-line experts 'here' ...

So, I welcome all experts opinions ... but to be an expert it is a general rule of thumb you had to have played or coached the game on with a fairly high level of success in the college or the pros to be even considered one.

Bashing Butler are your words, not mine.

I don't think he would have started on a number of teams LAST YEAR.

Some will agree, some won't. Same old same old.

New year obviously..jury's still out on him and others.

I hope he succeeds. I hope he becomes an all-pro. He's got the desire and size so that's a start.

You shared your opinion, just don't accuse me of bashing someone when you didn't check to see how I project him going forward.

You said there are O-line experts 'here' ...

So, I welcome all experts opinions ... but to be an expert it is a general rule of thumb you had to have played or coached the game on with a fairly high level of success in the college or the pros to be even considered one.

I didn't mean to come off as rude or accusatory. I only mean to suggest that there are a few posters here who put a great deal of focus on the play of this team's linemen, and for the most part the reviews of Butler's play have been positive.

That isn't always the case: everyone agreed up until this preseason, for example, that Duke Preston should be selling car insurance. Yet most have been happy with Butler from what I've seen.

I was intrigued when I saw someone with a conflicting opinion, and was wondering what the basis of that opinion might be, as I thought it may be informative. Because by saying he shouldn't be starting in this league for anyone but the cellar dwellers, you are in fact presenting a conflicting opinion to that of several people who seem to know their sh*t, pardon my French.

I didn't mean to come off as rude or accusatory. I only mean to suggest that there are a few posters here who put a great deal of focus on the play of this team's linemen, and for the most part the reviews of Butler's play have been positive.

That isn't always the case: everyone agreed up until this preseason, for example, that Duke Preston should be selling car insurance. Yet most have been happy with Butler from what I've seen.

I was intrigued when I saw someone with a conflicting opinion, and was wondering what the basis of that opinion might be, as I thought it may be informative. Because by saying he shouldn't be starting in this league for anyone but the cellar dwellers, you are in fact presenting a conflicting opinion to that of several people who seem to know their sh*t, pardon my French.

I understand your points and they are valid of course.

But again, I was referring to him not being a starter on a number of teams LAST YEAR.

I heard negative comments from people who seem to know O-line LAST YEAR. -:nana:

So we know preseason don't mean squat...so I am holding off judging his play THIS YEAR until we see some games.

Again, I hope he's great.

As a backup I'd agree some of the better teams would have taken him last year, but not to start.

Now Miami, sure they would had him start- :nana:

I hope Butler can succeed 'cuz obviously we ain't got a good alternative yet.

I missed that you were talking strictly about last year. I can't say that I'd disagree, seeing as it was his first season playing after his rookie season was a washout and he wasn't healthy most of the off-season prior to it.

yeah like mcnally is going to say anything bad. He pegged his horses to the kid and pretty much ignored the rest of the line while he was here. Great Jom, you made a pretty good tackle out of a FA. Too bad you let our first round draft pick hanging in the wind and haven't had a good guard or center here since before you should up.

Friggen loser Mcnally, you're gone, STFU. the line is much better without you.

Please explain. :nana:

I had a problem making this work with Firefox. Everytime I'd try to play it Firefox would crash. If anyone else has this problem go here and do the download at the bottom of the page. It looks like it's only for apple computers but it made this work for me.*

* I take no responsibility if it causes problems for you. I'm just telling you it worked for me. :nana:

I had a problem making this work with Firefox. Everytime I'd try to play it Firefox would crash. If anyone else has this problem go here and do the download at the bottom of the page. It looks like it's only for apple computers but it made this work for me.*

* I take no responsibility if it causes problems for you. I'm just telling you it worked for me. :nana:

I use Firefox just tried it works fine.

I'm in the process of editing the interview down so that I can post a link to just the Peters portion of the conversation w/ Jim.

Jim is a regular part of the UB pregame show. I usually interview him separate from the radio show but this week it worked out best to have him on as a live guest and, while the focus was on UB, I had to get some Peters stuff in. So, I encourage you to listen to the whole thing but the shortened version will be here shortly.

Brad,

Another great, informative interview. There are a lot of talking heads around here that could learn a lot from your style of sports reporting....and no hockey talk the first few weeks of the football season...gotta love that!

Brad,

Another great, informative interview. There are a lot of talking heads around here that could learn a little from your style or sports reporting....and no hockey talk the first few weeks of the football season...gotta love that!

:nana:

What is there to love about that? :nana:

Nice job, Brad. It's good to hear Mouse's comments on UB and the Bills. I look forward to hearing more from him.

Unlike another former Bills line coach (who apparently is so great he couldn't find another NFL gig anywhere, after being fired), Jim refrains from senseless bashing and simply gives good analysis.

Nice job, Brad. It's good to hear Mouse's comments on UB and the Bills. I look forward to hearing more from him.

Unlike another former Bills line coach (who apparently is so great he couldn't find another NFL gig anywhere, after being fired), Jim refrains from senseless bashing and simply gives good analysis.

Leave Ronnie Vinklarek alone!

mike williams.

How can you guys continue to give mouse any credit for peters, when he completely !@#$ed every other olineman we've had. hell blind squirrels find more nuts.

mike williams.

How can you guys continue to give mouse any credit for peters, when he completely !@#$ed every other olineman we've had. hell blind squirrels find more nuts.

You do know McNally wasn't the OL coach when Williams was drafted. McNally started working for Buffalo in 2004 and Williams left in 2005 his third year. There is nothing anybody could do about Williams. He went to Jerksonville in 2006 and was cut. McNally didn't ignore him, he ignored McNally. I guess McNally was wrong for molding Peters into a pro-bowl left tackle. :nana:

You do know McNally wasn't the OL coach when Williams was drafted. McNally started working for Buffalo in 2004 and Williams left in 2005 his third year. There is nothing anybody could do about Williams. He went to Jerksonville in 2006 and was cut. McNally didn't ignore him, he ignored McNally. I guess McNally was wrong for molding Peters into a pro-bowl left tackle. :nana:

Yeah one whole player, out of 30+ that he probably worked with. :nana: