Jim McNally had some very cool things to say about Peters.

Yeah one whole player, out of 30+ that he probably worked with. :nana:

Yeah, Anthony Munoz sucked. He is known in the NFL as one of the best OL coaches around. I'm sorry you don't agree but I'm just stating a fact.

ESPN article

McNally, 59, is not a name most fans or fantasy football players are familiar with; he happens to be one of the best offensive line coaches -- ever.

Yeah, Anthony Munoz sucked. He is known in the NFL as one of the best OL coaches around. I'm sorry you don't agree but I'm just stating a fact.

ESPN article

McNally, 59, is not a name most fans or fantasy football players are familiar with; he happens to be one of the best offensive line coaches -- ever.

You are asking VA to ignore all the myths he considers facts (McNally ruined Mike Williams...that's a good one :nana: ) and consider other evidence.

Good luck with that.

yeah like mcnally is going to say anything bad. He pegged his horses to the kid and pretty much ignored the rest of the line while he was here. Great Jom, you made a pretty good tackle out of a FA. Too bad you let our first round draft pick hanging in the wind and haven't had a good guard or center here since before you should up.

Friggen loser Mcnally, you're gone, STFU. the line is much better without you.

you show your total lack of knowlege on this game the only guy i wish were gone is you. you are absolutly clueless and IMO only make ignorant posts to get attention!

Not discounting McNally's opinions here, but who cares what he thinks. He had years to deliver a solid line and failed miserably.

Some people actually do care about what he thinks about O-lines because he was quite an accomplished O-line coach. He was able to turn O-lines into over achievers. During his tenure with Buffallo, unfortunately the Bills never gave him too much to work with. He was only with us for...what was it... 2 or 3 years? Only during his last year with us did he actually have average talent to work with. He didn't fail miserably. He had the likes of Tuten Reyes and Terence Pennington as "starters" to work with. There is only so much anyone can do with such talent as them. The guy deserves more credit than you are willing to give.

Fowler I agree. Butler I don't.

I'm sure Fowler tries his best. But he is undersized and unfortunately he is one of our weaknesses now. Butler is a very pleasant surprise and he is a keeper. I hope in our next draft there is a worthy center out there worth going after to help upgrade our line. We are fairly solid with our O-line now except with center. A little more quality depth couldn't hurt either. Our only major other weakness would be Ellison as a LB. He's good for depth but we need to get a new Solid starter for his position. Other than that we are fairly set with good young talent compared to other teams.

I'm sure Fowler tries his best. But he is undersized and unfortunately he is one of our weaknesses now. Butler is a very pleasant surprise and he is a keeper. I hope in our next draft there is a worthy center out there worth going after to help upgrade our line. We are fairly solid with our O-line now except with center. A little more quality depth couldn't hurt either. Our only major other weakness would be Ellison as a LB. He's good for depth but we need to get a new Solid starter for his position. Other than that we are fairly set with good young talent compared to other teams.

Ellison is good for depth...and that's what he is. The #1 guy went down right before the start of the season. I think if the rest of the D stays healthy, then Ellison (who doesn't suck) will be fine. Few teams have a stud at every position, for the entire season. Things will be more problematic if a starter on the D-line and/or Poz goes down. But, for now, I think Ellison is OK.

Same with Fowler. Surrounded by strength, his weakness are fairly covered. Like you say, he tries hard and he is smart. I know the Bills have been looking for an upgrade there, and I'm pretty sure they will be targeting C this offseason.

Ellison is good for depth...and that's what he is. The #1 guy went down right before the start of the season. I think if the rest of the D stays healthy, then Ellison (who doesn't suck) will be fine. Few teams have a stud at every position, for the entire season. Things will be more problematic if a starter on the D-line and/or Poz goes down. But, for now, I think Ellison is OK.

Same with Fowler. Surrounded by strength, his weakness are fairly covered. Like you say, he tries hard and he is smart. I know the Bills have been looking for an upgrade there, and I'm pretty sure they will be targeting C this offseason.

I agree whole heartedly with what you said. You stated it better than I could have. On accounts with both Ellison and Fowler. I think overall we'll be ok on D barring injuries. Go Bills!!!

Peters made the Pro Bowl in his 2nd year of being a left tackle, 3rd year starter I believe. Very talented but he was as we all know very raw. McNally taught him; but in the clip didn't take ANY credit for Peters success.

So IMO to say McNally didn't do a good job wit the O-line is oversimplifying things. To my recollection Donahoe never drafted a decent O-lineman except for the oft injured Jonas Jennings. We signed 2 good free agents last year, but the O-line experts I've heard say continuity is required for this to work best. hopefully they will stay healthy and get a 2nd year together. That ain't much time. We all know that continuity has been severely lacking. For what, close to 10 years or more on the O-line?

McNally was a good coach in the NFL and might have been the brain behind the development of Peters, but if I remember correctly it was during the time 2 seasons ago when we had Larry Zerlein the former Browns OL coach coaching the OTs while McNally did the C/Gs that we saw a big jump in the play of Peters that motivated them to move him to the LT position. In fact during that period our Tackles had much better play than our guards (Granted we did have sh-- guards).

Larry is proving again that he is a very good coach by moulding back a mauled OL for the Steelers.....Parker scored 3 TDs and Ben had 2 TDs with that OL protecting them.

You do know McNally wasn't the OL coach when Williams was drafted. McNally started working for Buffalo in 2004 and Williams left in 2005 his third year. There is nothing anybody could do about Williams. He went to Jerksonville in 2006 and was cut. McNally didn't ignore him, he ignored McNally. I guess McNally was wrong for molding Peters into a pro-bowl left tackle. :unsure:

Unfortunately for the McNally haters, the OL improved for the relatively short time he was in Buffalo.

I'm not sure why people demand that he sprinkle pixie dust on a steaming pile of uninterested poo because of its draft position; and, then turn around and ridicule teaching technique to a raw athlete and turning that guy into a football player and a Pro Bowler. Makes no sense at all. Butler was another McNally project, a T in college and Jim was able to take him and convert him to a good RG in very little time. Sometimes one should actually consider the player himself and whether or not he is motivated to do all the little things it takes to be successful.

Here's an exercise for the reader: List by name all the OL coaches that turned steaming pile OL units into top OLs with zero changes and instantly. Without this list, it is preposterous to demand that McNally should have done exactly that and since it didn't happen conclude that he was a lousy OL coach.

Duke Preston has finally come around. The light has finally clicked on for this guy. He was seriously pushing Fowler for the starting job in camp. They still need a high pick C in next years draft but I've been after them to pick a C for years and every year I'm disappointed. :unsure: I doubt we see a C being drafted next year. For some reason they ignore this position. IIRC, Preston was a G converted to C.

ESPN article

We're talking Buffalo time. And Munoz could have been great with you coaching him.

And has been pointed out, peters really started to do well when another Oline coach was added to take the teaching of the tackles off mcnally. the Line ha finally started to come around this year, and last years "improvement" wasn't that good. We still finished in the bottom on offense, and got very little push in the run game. Go look were we finished. this ball washing of mcnally is occuring just because he is a local boy come hime that we all want to over hype.

And you're quoting ESPN, when time and again you and everyone else complain that they are donkey doo-doo. So I see you pick and choose when they're good. When they say good things about the Bills, they are great and right. But most of the time they suck and have no clue. :unsure:

you show your total lack of knowlege on this game the only guy i wish were gone is you. you are absolutly clueless and IMO only make ignorant posts to get attention!

Ah yes the old communist trick of I don't like what you say so lets ban you. You must be a good comrade.

We're talking Buffalo time. And Munoz could have been great with you coaching him.

And has been pointed out, peters really started to do well when another Oline coach was added to take the teaching of the tackles off mcnally. the Line ha finally started to come around this year, and last years "improvement" wasn't that good. We still finished in the bottom on offense, and got very little push in the run game. Go look were we finished. this ball washing of mcnally is occuring just because he is a local boy come hime that we all want to over hype.

And you're quoting ESPN, when time and again you and everyone else complain that they are donkey doo-doo. So I see you pick and choose when they're good. When they say good things about the Bills, they are great and right. But most of the time they suck and have no clue. :unsure:

you're looking spiffy in your new troll clothes

And has been pointed out, peters really started to do well when another Oline coach was added to take the teaching of the tackles off mcnally.

Peters has specifically mentioned McNally as being the guy who made him what he is today. No mention of Zierlein or Kugler.

Ah yes the old communist trick of I don't like what you say so lets ban you. You must be a good comrade.

:unsure:

They're not new.

:P

I'm sorry VA I guess I'll to concede to your superior knowledge. Too bad nobody in the NFL would make you a GM, but please try your hardest to get an AFCE gig. :devil: