Wheres the props for the front office now?

marauderswr80

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wheres the props for the front office now? Huh chumps? you all have been all over the front office.......they stood their ground.........and now Peters will be with the team tomorrow........

:lol:

I think they won this battle. I say negotiate a new deal with him at the end of the year. Not freakin $12 mill a year though!

To me this is different it's a thread about how the front office handled it not just that he will report.

I think the Bills front office may have set an example for the rest of the NFL........

This is more or less what they did with Darwin Walker. It just makes sense. I don't think it sets an example for the rest of the NFL but it does for Buffalo.

I think the people who believe this will hurt the Bills in signing new FA's are full of baloney. I think the majority of players in the Bills lockerroom think this was a stupid thing to do and it wouldn't surprise me if the majority of other players think so too. This is screwing your teams chances to win this year because you want a new contract and when there is no communication with the team it just makes it a lot worse.

You probably won't hear much from Mickey.

Why? It played out exactly as I thought it would and said so many, many times.:

I thought that since the hold out wasn't costing him anything and the team wasn't going to deal with him for this year even if he had come to camp, he didn't really lost anything by taking a shot at changing their minds with a holdout. It didn't work. I thought he would come in on whatever the last day is to get a check for Sunday and just file this all away for the next round of his fight for a better contract. Link

Sure it looks bad for Jason Peters right now and you can count me among those who still think he might show before Sunday to save that game check. But we won't know who won this until its over and obviously, it isn't over...Holding out in preaseason is one thing but for the regular season? Unbeleiveable. Link

I still have a hard time believing he won't report in time to save his game check. Link

I think the best odds are on him reporting followed by a decent interval for the team to save face followed by a very large new contract. Link

It is a game of chicken and so far no one has blinked. This coming week may see the finish of this saga. All those who have been predicting for the last 60 days that Peters will come crawling back tommorow may finally be right. Link

And yet, thus far this whole thing has cost Peters nothing. If he reports next week, he doesn't lose a game check but regardless of when he reports at this point, the team has will not have a pro bowl left tackle when it lines up against the Seahawks on opening day. They might not even have him on the field until week 3 or 4. So, Peters loses nada and the Bills lose their best lineman for 2, 3 or 4 games. Hmm.....who do you figure came out ahead there?Link

I have to believe that he doesn't want to miss a game paycheck. I knew he had a unique situation but I never thought is was so unique so as to potentially lead to a regular season hold out which is a doomsday scenario for all involved, the team, Peters, the front office and the fans. Link

What I have said is that if Peters actually did holdout during the regular season, something I also have said is unlikley...Link

"Now as for Peters, neither of us know what is going to happen long term let alone the next week when he faces losing a game check. We will have to judge the end results, not the opening moves.

The only assessment we can make now is this:

Peters wasn't going to get a new deal this year if he had reported on time so the only possibility was to give a holdout a try.

So far, holding out has cost Jason Peters nothing. Zero. Nada. Zip. Zip. What did it cost the team? Assuming he comes in this week, they lost their best LT for the first 2-3 games. I am sure, to them it was worth it to save a year on that big contract. If we win those games, no one will care but if we don't....Link"

I just think that Peters had nothing to lose and everything to gain by holding out, so he did. I have said it over and over that this has cost him nothing and won't cost him anything more if he comes in early enough so that he doesn't miss any game checks. We will have lost him for the first 2-3 games or 18% of the season.Link

In view of the ridiculous decision to place Angelo Crowell on I.R. when he still hasn't had surgery and is seeking a second opinion, the front office deserves no props.

With regard to Jason Peters reporting to the team, too many fans are viewing this in a black and white context.

What if:

1) Trent Edwards goes down with a separated shoulder on Sunday versus the Seahawks due to poor pass protection?

2) The offensive line performs poorly for much of the early season because Peters wasn't here to learn the new system and become choreographed with his linemates?

3) The Bills' attractiveness as a free agent destination (like the Sabres) is diminished as a result of this?

It's too early to say that Peters reporting to the team is a victory for the front office. It could end up being a defeat (if one or more of the above happens). And if it is a victory, it's a hollow one and it's a strange person who would celebrate a "victory" in which each side lost.

I think they won this battle. I say negotiate a new deal with him at the end of the year. Not freakin $12 mill a year though!

To me this is different it's a thread about how the front office handled it not just that he will report.

This is more or less what they did with Darwin Walker. It just makes sense. I don't think it sets an example for the rest of the NFL but it does for Buffalo.

I think the people who believe this will hurt the Bills in signing new FA's are full of baloney. I think the majority of players in the Bills lockerroom think this was a stupid thing to do and it wouldn't surprise me if the majority of other players think so too. This is screwing your teams chances to win this year because you want a new contract and when there is no communication with the team it just makes it a lot worse.

1. What did this cost Peters?

2. What did this cost the team?

So far it hasn't cost either anything. On Sunday though, we will be without a pro bowl LT manning the blind spot and Walker where he belongs, at RT. That may or may not cost us a win. Either way, it won't cost Peters anything.

The truth is Peters was going to hold out no matter what the Bills did, short of laying vast wealth at his feet this year. Yeah, that would have gone over great with Evans.

This is a team that, traditionally, doesn't start the season particularly strong, and now we'll be that much less effective the first several games because of his me-first strategy. Unless we start the season 4-0, we'll never be sure just how much he's hurt us.

I don't think any Buffalo Bills player has ever been scrutinized as Jason Peters will be when he takes the field. He better at least as good as last year. Hell, if he has so much upside he should play even better.

Huge props to them.

Russ held his ground, all is well.

Work him out, start him working with the line, give him a new contract after a few games, and forget the whole damn thing.

Actually, now the ball is Russ's court.

JP has (will) report over the weekend with a handshake understanding that it will be taken care. The Bills will look at similar deals and see how to renegotiate a contract for Peters. That solely rests on Brandon and Overdorf (of courrse Ralph included, since he has the final say)