Crowell now on IR

VABills

I agree, Dick Jauron doesn't strike me as the FU kind of guy.

Well, it wouldn't have been his decision alone, but...did you watch the video on BB.com? I may be reading more into this now that Crowell has been placed on IR, but...to me he appears a bit ticked off. But, that's just me...this is weird.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

out 2-4 weeks and placed on IR.

That's pure spite fromn the Bills.

Talk about cutting off you nose to spite your face.

Apperently he had the knee condition through the trainingcamps, what pisses the staff off is that he choose to have the surgery now whilst he could have had it anytime during pre-season and be ready in time now. He gave the team a big problem, they must have had their eyes on a LB from somewhere that they are going to get in or maybe Peters is going to report (lol)? We don't know what went on behind the scenes exactly but you can sure tell from the video up on bb.com that Jauron is pretty upset by it. Maybe this was the literal drop that flooded the bucket? Timing is horrendous to say the least.

Maybe we can trade for someone. Losman wants a starting job, and we need a younger LB.

Having read that he would be out 4 weeks earlier today, I was wondering what the Bills would do to fill his roster spot. I had forgotten that Ellison was playing SLB last year. IMHO that's not the place would want to put your most undersized LB anyway.

Now that Crow is on IR, what do you think we should do? Re-sign Spragan or go with the rookie on the PS? I'd prefer to have a veteran LB who can play the strong.

BTW, I think it was stupid for management to anger a team player even if he opted for surgery. We should be playing hardball with Peters not a guy who shows up to camp and practice. Brandon ought to call Jason's agent and let him know that if his client doesn't report by Sunday morning, then he should plan to sit out the next 3 years!

This absolutely sucks!

3 days before the first game of the season and Crowell decides to have surgery? Now the Bills put him on IR? What is going on here?

Alright Keith Ellison, you're up.

Having said that I am comfortable with Ellison taking over at WLB. He did a very good job starting in place of Crowell during preseason. I know it's just preseason, but I'll give Ellison the benefit of the doubt, and hopefully he will impress.

Without any facts .......

What if ....

A.C.s announcment was in fact a sort of "in your face" move, either motivated by money or the captian thing ...... what ever

The Bills F.O. gets really REALLY pissed about the timing and the mere fact that A. C. was trying to "punish" the team .....

and .....

late breaking news comes in like ......... ahhhhhhh ...... maybe our wayward LT would like to come home ......

Would they ....... could they ...... say screw you Crow we need to open a roster spot anyway .....

Like I said ...... no facts here, just "what iffing" the situation

Crowell's career is done in Buffalo. The Bills made that very clear by placing him on the ir rather than let him rehab and come back in 4 or 5 weeks. Now we know where the Bills will look in the 1st round next year and see who they will team with Poz and Mitchel for 09.

Crowell cant be that dumb or can he? Why do you wait until a few days before the season to anounce that you are having surgery? He let down his teammates. I like how the Bills acted quickly and Im sure Crowell never would have thought things would have played out like this. This along with how the Bills are handling the Peters situation sends a very loud message that they are in charge- not the players.

I agree 100% Peters is just as dumb!

We'll all forget about Crow in a few weeks, that's the way the game works. On paper we're not as good on D, but Fewell has proven his worth in creating game plans that work around injuries. The FO wouldn't have done this if they didn't have

to.

Let's enjoy the game that just started.

PS - did anyone see that thing with Strahan...the crowd was going nutz!!

Colvin seems to make a ton of sense. Wont break the bank. Has familiarity with juaron. This has to get done, i cant watch ellison all season. Please RB PLEASE get colvin

Interesting and the guy was a real good player. But he has been cut 2 months apart, so methinks he is done. What would have been real interesting is if Spikes was sitting on the unemployment line.

I've been thinking.....

The only way to make sense of this is if Crowell had his surgery today (I think?) and they found ligament damage. That explains the recurrent swelling, and the Bills decision to put him on IR after having a much more significant proceedure done than originally expected. If so, it wouldn't really matter shen he had the scope, he'd have been done for the year anyway.

How dare he get injured? What a rotten bastard.

It was a chronic thing, Mickey. He had missed several practices and the swelling always came back. Maybe it's worse than he was letting on, maybe not. We don't KNOW much right now with any certainty. But I know that's your comfort zone...