Crowell now on IR

VABills

Agreed, i just have a hard time with people who still want to call him a team player when he does something like this. Mistakes were made by both sides and it is unfortunate. However to me, Crowell took on a me first attitude and left the team hanging

He certainly did put the team in a tough spot, whether intentionally or because he finally had to face the reality of his condition.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At any rate, the assumption that this was a vindictive decision by Bills management is based on nothing more than air. I for one do not believe that Crowell is some bad guy, nor do I believe that Brandon is sitting in a darkened room, waxing his mustache for easier twirling... I do think that Crowell has some knee problems that raise questions about his long-term availability, and it is a shame that he waited until now to address them.

Air smelling like methane?

For what its worth... Crowell allegedly had his knee scoped on thursday morning. Juron answered a question on the bb.com video where he was asked who handled the surgury. He said marzo and bud. However Marzo only does Bill's surguries on mondays and fridays. Which I know becuase my best friends mom is one of his anastesiologists. Now its entirely possible that Marzo performed the surgury anyways. But it may also be possible that he went to a different doctor behind the front office's collective back, or against the advice of the front office, and they were enraged by his actions and decided to cut bait with a player they felt betrayed them.

I know... friends mom... Bill Walsh at the buffalo airport... whatever, just throwing it out there. Not saying its true, just saying the angle I have heard from one of Marzo's employees.

when asked did "Dr. Marzo handle this or did Angelo go to his own doctor" Jauron said "to this point it's been Bud our trainer and Dr. Marzo", meaning who has been treating him, as Angelo had decided to have surgery, had it not had been performed yet. Of course he went to another doctor for at least another opinion, otherwise there would have been no surprise at OBD.

Not just that, but if the Bills had a good feeling that Peters would report on Saturday, doesn't that mean there would be two cuts that needed to be made this weekend?

His application to the league for reinstatement includes a roster exemption for the Bills until he starts playing, then the cut has to be made.

I dunno if it matters, but I emailed Chris Brown, he gave me this response...

I just think it was bad timing on his decision to have surgery. In hindsight he should have had it done 3 or 4 weeks ago. I don't think there's any question the team was upset with the timing of his decision. I think there's a genuine concern that his knee condition is degenerative and he might not ever be the same even after surgery.