Crowell now on IR

VABills

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rosey Colvin was released by Houston. He's got some experience in Jauron's system and is familiar with the division from his time with the Pats.

I think what is more important is can he play? He has been released twice since his injury.

http://buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=6533

Apparently the Bills coaching staff decided they would be too shorthanded in the 2-4 week window in which Crowell would need to recover and created a roster spot by putting the veteran linebacker on injured reserve.

Without Crowell Buffalo has just five linebackers on the active roster and one on the practice squad in Marcus Buggs.

Crowell’s decision to have surgery this close the start of the season likely did not sit well with the Bills coaching staff, and their decision to put him on injured reserve, in what is a contract year for the linebacker, likely does not sit well with him.

Crowell will be an unrestricted free agent at the end of the 2008 season, but he’ll be unable to have an effect on his market value with his play on the field this season.

They put him on IR because they'd be short ONE LINEBACKER for 2-4 weeks?

WHAT THE HELL?!

If he is only going to be out 2-3 weeks why are we putting him on the IR? Or was something else revealed showing the scope won't fix the problem?

I was thinking he wanted out and it was a way to handle things while they work out a injury settlement.

If he is only going to be out 2-3 weeks why are we putting him on the IR? Or was something else revealed showing the scope won't fix the problem?

I think he is pissed because the Bills were not going to offer him a contract for next year and the Bills are pissed because he had surgery on Thursday right before opening day.

I think he is pissed because the Bills were not going to offer him a contract for next year and the Bills are pissed because he had surgery on Thursday right before opening day.

Good point, and now the Bills give him the ultimate F#vk you by throwing him on the IR and destroying his chances for a big contract year to really cash in

http://buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=6533

They put him on IR because they'd be short ONE LINEBACKER for 2-4 weeks?

WHAT THE HELL?!

It's a contract year, he probably was ticked that he didn't get an extension and decided to have surgery and "screw" the Bills for a couple weeks and show his worth. Bills played hardball and put him on IR, which probably cost him millions in FA next year.

My question is, are agents testing Brandon, or do they just have no respect for him?

This sucks. Even the most positive fan can't deny what the effects can be from 2 significant players being out of the lineup for potentially the whole year. And you want to respect the organization for being firm and no-nonsense but also respect , at least in Crowell's case, what a player feels is going on with his knee. Things like this can teeter a season from barely playoff-bound to more of the same mediocrity.

It's a contract year, he probably was ticked that he didn't get an extension and decided to have surgery and "screw" the Bills for a couple weeks and show his worth. Bills played hardball and put him on IR, which probably cost him millions in FA next year.

My question is, are agents testing Brandon, or do they just have no respect for him?

That did cross my mind that they're testing RB too. I guess in the big picture he may be doing the right thing, but we all suffer short term.