Latest Peters update

K-Gun10

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

please give an example of players the bills have lost the past few years that have gone on to be probowlers. I think the bills have done a good job of letting players go befoe they break down.

Pat Williams. Nate Clements was one of the best CBs in the league last year despite not making the pro bowl (i.e., winning a popularity contest).

There has been a distinct lack of leadership in the front office, most notably a strong leader with a personnel background that knows what they're doing.

Donahoe's reign was full of mistakes and the record shows it translated to the field over five seasons. However, when it was time to find another GM with a working knowledge of how a front office works, Wilson went first with Levy and now with Brandon. IMO, the inconsistency in personnel is directly related to the lack of a veritable NFL GM or VP of Personnel.

I'm confident Brandon wants to show his mettle and not let Peters or Evans get the better of him. He's versed in marketing and business, but it's not so easy to take that exact mentality and transfer it into how to deal with star football players in the professional ranks.

Brandon was thrown into the fire very quickly earlier this year. We won't know how well the free agents will be for a little while and the draft for perhaps another 2-3 seasons. But a Bills team minus Peters and Evans next season will be a U-Turn in the quest to create a respectable football team.

Exactly, the Bills have done such a stellar job getting Evans’ extension done that Peters is crazy to think the Bills would not have taken care of him had he reported to training camp.

Hasn’t it been 8 months since the Bills publicly made a commitment to get a deal done with Evans? Now, every game will affect the Evans’ negotiations.

4 days before the season opener and this team has 2 serious contract 'issues'.

Exactly, the Bills have done such a stellar job getting Evans’ extension done that Peters is crazy to think the Bills would not have taken care of him had he reported to training camp.

Hasn’t it been 8 months since the Bills publicly made a commitment to get a deal done with Evans? Now, every game will affect the Evans’ negotiations.

One self-inflicted by the biggest stooge on the team. By the way, why should the Bills think Peters signature on the bottom line means anything? He's proving it's worthless.

Ryan Grant held out from training camp for less than two weeks and received a new contract after having all of one half season's success running the ball. GB gave him a 4 year 30M deal after Grant intially proposed a 6 yr 40M contract.

Not all negotiations are the similar, but it's noteworthy that this thing has lagged with no results for the past few months. After Evans announced at mini-camp that they'd made some progress, I get the feeling it's stalled. That's not to say it's a permanent halt, but I've never heard of negotiations on professional sports contracts lasting 5+ months.

Every year at the draft, there is some freak of nature that has great measurables but gets drafted too late or sometimes goes undrafted. Jason Peters was one of those. Why?? Probably because he scored so low in the Wonderlics and there were character issues. When you do end up with these guys, it often ends in disaster even if the talent is there (see Pac Man Jones).

For all those who say, "I don't care what he does in the clubhouse, as long as he plays on Sunday", just look at the disruption that Peters is causing. I thought he was at least smart enough to pull a Michael Strahan and skip the rigors of training camp and show up for the season, but he doesn't even have that much sense. What a shame. Peters has the smell of wasted talent all over him.

Every year at the draft, there is some freak of nature that has great measurables but gets drafted too late or sometimes goes undrafted. Jason Peters was one of those. Why?? Probably because he scored so low in the Wonderlics and there were character issues. When you do end up with these guys, it often ends in disaster even if the talent is there (see Pac Man Jones).

For all those who say, "I don't care what he does in the clubhouse, as long as he plays on Sunday", just look at the disruption that Peters is causing. I thought he was at least smart enough to pull a Michael Strahan and skip the rigors of training camp and show up for the season, but he doesn't even have that much sense. What a shame. Peters has the smell of wasted talent all over him.

How can Peters and his agent come to the conclusion that they are acting in their best interest?

Regardless of this Clayton report, I'm still thinking he reports this week.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John Clayton of ESPN reports that Jason Peters is not close to ending his holdout and hasn't talked to the Bills for a month.

Peters has three years remaining on his contract, but isn't happy with his $3.5 million salary. Once the holdout extends into the season, Peters will be fined $15,000 per day and forfeit his weekly game checks, so the money is going to add up in a hurry

Translation from Gadzoopseak:

Peters & Parker are at OBD and a new contract should be done by the end of the week.

Translation from Gadzoopseak:

Peters & Parker are at OBD and a new contract should be done by the end of the week.

Dunno about that, but I do know that school starts tomorrow for most districts and while the Bills are at OBD installing their game plan for Sunday, guess what Peters will be doing?

I agree the Bills have the power in the situation. Hes gonna start sweating when the fines start and the checks dont come in. I can just hear those phone calls between he and his agent---where the agents life is being threatened.

LOL! Hilarious. If only Peters would do that. And then dump his agent.

I cant seem to wrap my brain around the fact that so many "Bills fans" would rather have a team without Jason Peters, simply because he wants another raise. I just want wins on the field, I dont give a chit about anything else.

"just win baby!" maybe thats why the raiders and other organizations have trophy cases while the Bills build a roster full of character.

Just when the ship is starting to sail in the right direction...whammo!! lets all cross our fingers and hope this offense can operate at full capacity come sunday. Seahawk passrush will provide some answers, im hoping there the right ones.

I cant seem to wrap my brain around the fact that so many "Bills fans" would rather have a team without Jason Peters, simply because he wants another raise. I just want wins on the field, I dont give a chit about anything else.

"just win baby!" maybe thats why the raiders and other organizations have trophy cases while the Bills build a roster full of character.

Just when the ship is starting to sail in the right direction...whammo!! lets all cross our fingers and hope this offense can operate at full capacity come sunday. Seahawk passrush will provide some answers, im hoping there the right ones.

Sir, honestly...if you must make a comparison...the Raiders aren't exactly the team to model...aside for them sucking

they recently gave up Randy Moss for a 4th rounder.

Does anyone find it odd that Peters isnt even talking to the media about a new contract. Usually they raise alot of hell in the media for simpathy and fan support. Weird?

It is the classy thing to do though it angers a lot of people around here. Of course, if he did talk, there would be endless complaints about that too.

Sir, honestly...if you must make a comparison...the Raiders aren't exactly the team to model...aside for them sucking

they recently gave up Randy Moss for a 4th rounder.

ummm...durrr, fries with that? are you kidding me lol...read son read!!! did i say they were good now or recently? or about thier championships? geezz

Sounds like there is more disruption on this board than in the locker room. What character issues are you aware of that caused him not to be drafted?

So far all he has wasted is what? An extended vacation. Wait until its over before writing the eulogy.

One self-inflicted by the biggest stooge on the team. By the way, why should the Bills think Peters signature on the bottom line means anything? He's proving it's worthless.

Really, we should just cut him now shouldn't we?

There is a name for this, its called hysteria.

Only if you don't want a franchise LT on your team.

We apparently don't. After all, haven't you been reading the board, Peters is no good anyway, we don't need him, he is a locker room cancer, he is an idiot, he is damaged goods, he skippered the Exxon Valdez that fateful night.....

If you can't get him on the field, seems stupid to "let him rot" as the angry mob would have it.