Scout.com says Peters may be back monday

Fingon

Don't want to start another Peters thread, & I don't see this elsewhere...Several Bills give their 'on the record' responses to Peters holdout:

It’s definitely a hit to our team, said Lee Evans. To say that he’s not missed would be ridiculous to say but there’s nothing we can do about it. We can’t sit here, wish, wait and hope. All we can do is play ball and play ball with the guys that are out here. If the time comes where he comes back, we’ll welcome him back and move forward. Right now, he’s not here and we’ve got a football game to play.

In other words, leave us alone & let us concentrate on the C-hawks.

I thought we played very well up front all training camp long and all offseason, said Trent Edwards. Obviously, Jason is a great player, he’s a Pro-Bowl caliber player and we would love to have him here, but again, I can’t do anything about that. I can’t go to his house and physically pick him up and bring him in here right now. I wish that I could, I wish that he could be here and help us out, but, again, I’m trying to focus on what is in my control.

In other words, I've got the backs of the guys who are sweating their asses off to keep mine clean. Now go away and let us focus on the C-hawks.

I’m the type of person who’s more concerned with what I can do personally to get better as a player, and considering his situation and thinking about that situation is taking away from my ability to get better and get this team better, so it hasn’t really even crossed my mind, said Edwards.

Another Peters link

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't want to start another Peters thread, & I don't see this elsewhere...Several Bills give their 'on the record' responses to Peters holdout:

In other words, leave us alone & let us concentrate on the C-hawks.

In other words, I've got the backs of the guys who are sweating their asses off to keep mine clean. Now go away and let us focus on the C-hawks.

Another Peters link

Sounds to me like they know they need him bad, want him bad, but what can they do but play. I didnt get the "I got the backs of the guys who are here" vibe as if this was a slam on Peters at all. All I got from that quote was trying to keep out heads up and we can win anyway. Almost a false confidence. When someone says I wish I could go to his house, pick him up and bring him back here, that is NOT, at least to me, saying I got the back of the guys who are sweating their asses off to keep mine clean. That's saying we need this guy but we cant have him so we do what we can, and concentrate on our jobs, and these guys we do have are not total schlubs.

This is how it is Mickey. Peters can report, make his $4.5M for the season and then cash-in next year, or he can sit out the first 10 games, end up playing this year for free because of the fines, loss of playing bonuses and loss of a portion of his signing bonus, have no shot at a new deal next year, and have to look forward to 2 more years of this. All because he couldn't wait a year for his blockbuster deal, while "only" making $4.5M. :devil:

Pretty good summary of how this could play out if you ask me, worst case scenario. Peters has no leverage, and the Bills - contrary to the belief of some here - are under no obligation to trade him. He will never make up the money he loses over these 3 years. He'll basically make nothing over the next 3 years, whereas he could've made his $4.5 this year then signed his blockbuster deal and made considerably more each year after that. And when he's been out of the NFL for 3 years, he'll probably have to take a low offer for another year just to show he deserves a blockbuster deal. How old is he gonna be by then? Good luck JP. Not.

Meantime, we'll draft his replacement in April. In the end, we'll get rid of him at some point and get value back for him, but on our timetable, not his.

Mickey's views on the Bills may be a bit unsubstantiated at times, and may simply may be opinions.....whoa, bizzare concept there, let's see.....a message board on the internet......

As for his signature line, that is a quote. As for Chaney, there is a good percentage of Americans who see Chaney as a vile, war hungry, oil baron elitist, who cares not a wit for the country as a whole, or the majority of its citizens. However, oil interests and his rich cronies.........

Forget all that, true though it might be, and lets talk about the rec room. Reminds me of Field of Dreams. "Is this heaven?" No, its Spiderweb's rec room."

Sounds to me like they know they need him bad, want him bad, but what can they do but play. I didnt get the "I got the backs of the guys who are here" vibe as if this was a slam on Peters at all. All I got from that quote was trying to keep out heads up and we can win anyway. Almost a false confidence. When someone says I wish I could go to his house, pick him up and bring him back here, that is NOT, at least to me, saying I got the back of the guys who are sweating their asses off to keep mine clean. That's saying we need this guy but we cant have him so we do what we can, and concentrate on our jobs, and these guys we do have are not total schlubs.

I think that is a good assessment. I would just add that they certainly would not want to insult the guys filling in due to the Peters situation any more than they would want to insult Peters. Its just a bad situation all around.

Hey Mickey,

I think Jason's nutsack is getting a little dry and chapped now. Perhaps you should get him some aloe vera gel so that you can continue your ball-washing crusade without causing him too much irritation. :devil:

You seem to have an endless well of homoerotic fantasy upon which to draw, not that there is anything wrong with it.

When someone says I wish I could go to his house, pick him up and bring him back here, that is NOT, at least to me, saying I got the back of the guys who are sweating their asses off to keep mine clean.

Especially when the guy in the quote is more fragile than 73.4% of porcelain dolls and would snap into a million pieces if he tried it.

I quoted Dick Cheney, accurately, how is that "delusional"?? The deluded are those who would ever believe anything he has ever said.

Here's a list of the many Democrats who were convinced that Saddam had weapons of mass destruction.

They - like the Bush Administration - heeded information collected by the Clinton Administration...

The list is from snopes.com.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/war/wmdquotes.asp

Here's a list of the many Democrats who were convinced that Saddam had weapons of mass destruction.

They - like the Bush Administration - heeded information collected by the Clinton Administration...

No one tells a lemming to jump off the cliff...but everyone knows that lemming is an unpatriotic Lemming Nation hater.

PTR

You live in another world - a clueless one.

Peters has done all of this to himself. The Bills are handling this perfectly.

Perfectly if the goal is to save coin, not so if you want to win football games. Which would you rather have, wins of $?

As for being clueless, your 2nd grade understanding of contracts in the NFL and holdouts is obvious based on all your bleating about what Peters has a "right" to do. He is doing no more than what countless players have done before him, look out for his own financial interests just as surely as the team is doing the same. He is doing nothing more than Schobel implicitly threatened to do just last year when he skipped 4 practices even while the team was already negotiating a new deal for him. Had the team not knuckled under to him, he would have held out just as Peters has done. Are you going to take care of his family if he should suffer a career ending injury as did Kevin Everett just last year?

Reasonable minds may differ on the best strategy if we were to put ourselves in his agent's shoes but to be outraged over a player of his caliber trying to get a better deal when his play on the field justifies it indicates another motivation at work. What is your beef with Peters, that he makes more $ than you? Have you dreamed of owning the team so much you can no longer distinguish between its corporate interests and your own?

I don't think the team is crazy for trying to cash in on the good bet they made two years ago nor do I think Peters is crazy for trying to cash in on his talent, performance and hard work. I certainly can see why there are those who side with the team here. However, those of us who tend to side with Peters are not afforded any possibility that we could reasonably disagree. It is people like you who demand that all share your opinion that one side is "perfect" and the other a fat, selfish, idiotic, greedy peckerhead. Anyone who doesn't agree must....be...crushed...

I'd love to respond but for the sake of those sane enough not to venture on to the PPP forum, I think we have a moral obligation to stay away from this here. I only raised it in specific response to a reply that took my quote as an indication of poor judgment in the Peters situation.

You still don't get it, but the chick in your avatar is hot, so you have that going for you.

Perfectly if the goal is to save coin, not so if you want to win football games. Which would you rather have, wins of $?

Peters shut down communication long ago. Maybe you can respect that, but I can't. That's not how you negotiate. That's not being a professional. How can the Bills verify that he's even healthy and in shape?

As for being clueless, your 2nd grade understanding of contracts in the NFL and holdouts is obvious based on all your bleating about what Peters has a "right" to do.

Chuckle...okay mister professional agent man! I'm so impressed by your superior knowledge of these affairs... :devil:

He is doing nothing more than Schobel implicitly threatened to do just last year when he skipped 4 practices even while the team was already negotiating a new deal for him.

Ding, wrong again! Schobel was always in communication. The two are completely different situations: Schobel handled it like a pro, and the Bills followed suit. Peters is handling this like the pawn of an ambitious agent.

Had the team not knuckled under to him, he would have held out just as Peters has done. Are you going to take care of his family if he should suffer a career ending injury as did Kevin Everett just last year?

Wow, hey guys...maybe this really IS Eugene Parker...LOL. Mickey, you really are a piece of work. First of all, the Bills didn't "knuckle under" to Schobel...they extended a pro they respect in kind, and clearly intended to do it the whole time. Secondly, how do YOU know that Schobel would have held out? Are you his confidant? I think you're wrong...if the Bills hadn't stepped up after the Kelsay signing, Schobel would MOST LIKELY let it be known that he will play out his contract and not consider the Bills thereafter. That's the reasonable leverage to use in a situation where you're already under contract for multiple years. Not showing up for work and not returning efforts to communicate? Bush league. Or Mickey League.

What is your beef with Peters, that he makes more $ than you? Have you dreamed of owning the team so much you can no longer distinguish between its corporate interests and your own?

Boy Mickey, you really are sinking lower and lower here, from unimpressive and misguided to childish and just plain bizarre. Where you pull this stuff from is beyond me...you make up these in your head all day? I have a bag of broken crayons that you might want.

I certainly can see why there are those who side with the team here. However, those of us who tend to side with Peters are not afforded any possibility that we could reasonably disagree.

If "balance" on this issue is what you're after, all you have to do is formulate a logical rationale that doesn't rely on your own assumptions and red herrings.

Do you REALLY think Peters is behaving like a professional? Do you REALLY think this type of behavior should be rewarded?

This is how it is Mickey. Peters can report, make his $4.5M for the season and then cash-in next year, or he can sit out the first 10 games, end up playing this year for free because of the fines, loss of playing bonuses and loss of a portion of his signing bonus, have no shot at a new deal next year, and have to look forward to 2 more years of this. All because he couldn't wait a year for his blockbuster deal, while "only" making $4.5M. :devil:

Well, you're not telling Mickey anything he doesn't already know and hasn't already commented on ad nauseum...but you do remind everyone of why most of us think he'll be reporting today...ok, maybe tomorrow after he spends today wiping barbecue sauce off his two chins.

Halfway through the season, when we're 7-1 and thinking Super Bowl, I guarantee this holdout will be largely forgotten. Yes, most folks do have that short a memory.

But it's possible Peters will have gotten his point across. At some point into his holdout, I think he realized the Bills weren't going to budge and that he wasn't getting a new deal this year. In that light, his continuing could only be to try to loosen up the Bills for next year. After all, from his point of view, why wouldn't they try to keep him on the old contract for yet another year?

This would say (hopefully) that he's confident and expects to step in and play at another pro-bowl level this year (which wouldn't be bad, would it?).

Yeah, we all hate him now, and if he's introduced with the starting offense this Sunday I'll be there booing him the loudest...

BUT, the first time he crushes the competition and gives Trent the time he needs to connect with Lee for the game-winning touchdown...much, if not all, will be forgiven.

I read Edwards first sentence as sticking up for the guys he's playing behind right now. Perhaps I editoralized a bit, but, he is supporting the players who are there.

And yes, when Peters returns all will be well and he will be welcomed into the locker room.

Now...unless Peters reports this is my very last post in one of his many threads.

On to Seattle!!!!!