Would Wild Card and First-Round Playoff Loss Be Acceptable?

CJPearl2

As ridiculous as this sounds, I would rather not make the playoffs than lose one on the road. That's too disheartening. Now if we get a home playoff game and win one, that's the good stuff. :rolleyes:<_<:devil:

You do realize that the only way to get a home game the first 2 rounds is to win your division, dont you?

I'd take a WC loss this season, provided its not the "we got raped with a rusty pole" type of loss like the homerun throwforward, and we use it as a stepping stone to be even stronger next year.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good comments. I agree with both sides. It was something I was just thinking about this morning.

I think that we need to make the playoffs, in any way possible, to increase the national exposure to the team. We have been out of the spotlight now for almost 15 years.

No joke-I really expect this team to be among the elite teams in the NFL. Anything short of winning the AFC will be a disappointment.

Thats Optomistic! I have felt that way with some of the teams over the past 8 years, but I would definitly hold back that comment until this team does something in the regular season. A playoff birth in the toughh AFC is more than acceptable. Your gonna face a very hard opponent in a wild card game in the AFC.

I know we all strive and hope for the Bills winning the Super Bowl every year, but would this scenario - a Wild Card birth and first round loss - be acceptable this year?

Considering the Bills haven't sniffed the postseason in nearly years...

YES

If the Bills make it to the playoffs, period, I'll be happy. Not satisfied, mind you, but happy. Satisfaction will only come from holding the Lombardi on a Sunday night in early February.

I'm with you, but holding the Lombardi Trophy would constitute a little bit more than 'satisfaction.' How 'bout 'ecstasy?'

I know we all strive and hope for the Bills winning the Super Bowl every year, but would this scenario - a Wild Card birth and first round loss - be acceptable this year?

Thoughts?

I think it depends entirely how it happens. I just want to be proud of the Bills and have reason to hope things will be as good or better next year. If they lose at the beginning of the year because of rookie mistakes (by the young players) , play hard, and get better as the year goes on, then yes, this outcome might be enough. Of course I'd want better results, but I could likely be proud.

Likewise, if they win despite injuries, misfortune, or lose playing exceptional opponents, I could be proud of them, and getting to the playoffs could be enough for me to feel like the year was a success.

As a general line in the sand, I feel like they need to win a playoff game.

although the last memory i have of the playoffs is of myself lying face down on my living room floor....i want another shot soooo bad, just making the playoffs would be awsome.

And when you consider doing it with a 2nd yr qb and rb, it would seem to set the tone for the next 6-10 yrs :rolleyes:

Any post-holiday football that actually meant something to me would be a marked improvement over anything we've had recently.

Agreed.

It would be fantastic to have the excitement of a playoff game back in Billsland, no matter how they got there.

Thoughts?

In all honesty, I think that is really the best we can hope for this year.

10 wins may not get a Wild Card spot.

:rolleyes:

You are right, but I have a very strong feeling that if we win 10 games, it would have to include a very good division record, perhaps 4-2. I also think that 1 of those wins must be against NE.

Nothing at all but a hunch mind you.

Excellent point, and I think you may be right. Tenn. finished in 6th spot last year at 10 - 6, and 4-2 in the division and

7-5 in the conference. That AFC South is brutal.

1. *- New England Patriots ACE 16 0 0 1.000 589 274 315 75 8-0 8-0 6-0 1.000 12-0 1.000 4-0 16W 5-0

2. z- Indianapolis Colts ACS 13 3 0 .813 450 262 188 54 6-2 7-1 5-1 .833 9-3 .750 4-0 1L 4-1

3. z- San Diego Chargers ACW 11 5 0 .688 412 284 128 49 7-1 4-4 5-1 .833 9-3 .750 2-2 6W 5-0

4. y- Jacksonville Jaguars ACS 11 5 0 .688 411 304 107 50 6-2 5-3 2-4 .333 8-4 .667 3-1 1L 3-2

5. z- Pittsburgh Steelers ACN 10 6 0 .625 393 269 124 46 7-1 3-5 5-1 .833 7-5 .583 3-1 1L 2-3

6. y- Tennessee Titans ACS 10 6 0 .625 301 297 4 28 5-3 5-3 4-2 .667 7-5 .583 3-1 3W 4-1

If the Bills make it to the playoffs, period, I'll be happy. Not satisfied, mind you, but happy. Satisfaction will only come from holding the Lombardi on a Sunday night in early February.

Ah yes. A playoff birth is good progress and I don't think it matters how it happens. You're competing against the rest of the conference fore those spots. If you get one, you've earned it.