Would Wild Card and First-Round Playoff Loss Be Acceptable?

CJPearl2

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know we all strive and hope for the Bills winning the Super Bowl every year, but would this scenario - a Wild Card birth and first round loss - be acceptable this year?

Thoughts?

whole season depends on trents qb play and our pass rush....

7-9 this year guys. AFC and our division is just too tough. Better team, but same record.

I don't know if the AFC will be as tough as its been in recent years.

Pittsburgh's pass rush is all but gone, and their D is weak now, so they've become vastly overrated. In Indy, Manning is banged up and Starvin' Marvin has very little left in the tank. Brady's banged up, and you've got to wonder how long the old guys can get it done in New England*. Not only that, but they now have to play on a level field, as opposed to knowing 75% of the opponent's plays before lining up. And without Merriman (as they will be at some point, more likely than not), San Deigo's D goes from dominant to merely good, and with Gates banged up and no alternative to Tomlinson on offense, who knows.

The traditionally dominant teams in the AFC have more issues than usual this year, and the door is open for teams like Buffalo and Houston to step up and stake a claim.

EDIT: On topic, yeah, I'd be thrilled with any playoff appearance. I'd certainly be devastated for a couple weeks after the playoff loss, but later on when I reflect over the season, I'd be happy and encouraged.