If JP Starts Sunday...

If JP starts Sunday and plays well, I think we'll have a good old fashioned QB controversy on our hands...

I know he has taken the high road, but if he plays and plays well, the murmers will begin, "JP would be better than Trent in this offense, more athletic...", "the only reason that Trent looks good is he has better tools at his disposal...just look at how well JP did...".

You know it's inevitable - the News needs to sell papers and we need a good old fashioned controversy on the board to ingnite the masses...

JP crashing badly would be best for all interested parties...

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I realize that the media loves feeding into these things...As for me personally, the QB controversy ended last season watching JP in the Jacksonville game. Playing on the road, against a good defense, against a playoff team, in essentially a "must-win" game...JP was downright pathetic, and for me, I decided right then and there that I was done with him, and we need a different starter. That awful performance didn't tell me that Trent was the answer, it just told me that JP wasn't. If there was ever a game for him to grab the starter's job by the horns and put the team on his back, that was it. He was disgusting to watch.

Even if he goes 18-18 for 360 yards and 5 TD's this Sunday, all I will be thinking of is trying to win a game on the road in November against a playoff team. I don't see it happening any time soon with our boy JP, unfortunately...

I realize that the media loves feeding into these things...As for me personally, the QB controversy ended last season watching JP in the Jacksonville game. Playing on the road, against a good defense, against a playoff team, in essentially a "must-win" game...JP was downright pathetic, and for me, I decided right then and there that I was done with him, and we need a different starter. That awful performance didn't tell me that Trent was the answer, it just told me that JP wasn't. If there was ever a game for him to grab the starter's job by the horns and put the team on his back, that was it. He was disgusting to watch.

Even if he goes 18-18 for 360 yards and 5 TD's this Sunday, all I will be thinking of is trying to win a game on the road in November against a playoff team. I don't see it happening any time soon with our boy JP, unfortunately...

Well...To be honest, those stats may peak my interest. But I do understand what you're saying. I think you summed it best by saying we may not be sold on Edwards, but we know JP is not the answer....

Nice post... :ph34r:

I couldn't agree more with LongLiveRalph. Losman knew that the Jacksonville game was his last shot to truly make a statement. He's had enough chances to emerge as a starting caliber NFL QB and hasn't done it. Edwards may or may not be, but I went through way too many teases the past couple of seasons with Losman. Turn the page. No QB controversy here. Edwards is the guy...for now.

If JP starts Sunday and plays well, I think we'll have a good old fashioned QB controversy on our hands...

I know he has taken the high road, but if he plays and plays well, the murmers will begin, "JP would be better than Trent in this offense, more athletic...", "the only reason that Trent looks good is he has better tools at his disposal...just look at how well JP did...".

You know it's inevitable - the News needs to sell papers and we need a good old fashioned controversy on the board to ingnite the masses...

No we won't.

I couldn't agree more with LongLiveRalph. Losman knew that the Jacksonville game was his last shot to truly make a statement. He's had enough chances to emerge as a starting caliber NFL QB and hasn't done it. Edwards may or may not be, but I went through way too many teases the past couple of seasons with Losman. Turn the page. No QB controversy here. Edwards is the guy...for now.

Bingo. If Edwards isn't the guy (and he gets a couple years to prove it), the Bills aren't going back to JP. They'll be moving on to the next one.

In your dreams.

PTR

My interest level for this Colts preseason game will go down about 50% if Edwards does not play and JP starts. I can't explain it? I don't want JP to do poorly but even if he does good it leaves me with a hallow feeling. He's not going to be the long term solution for this team. I already know what he can do so I really don't need to see him perform in preseason. Somewhere along the way....I've lost interest in JP. I'd rather see Hamdan if Trent is out.

Come on, are you serious did you even see how good Edwards was last week against the Steelers? And that is a tough defense but he still led our offense to two Touchdowns. No way will there be a QB controversy even if Losman performs good for once. :ph34r::blink::blink::wallbash:

JP crashing badly would be best for all

How can JP crashing be good for anybody? If JP starts I want him to go 20-20 for 300 yards. And, I want Hamdan to go 30-30 for 400 yards. We're gonna need JP in the regular season because when Trent gets hurt, we'll need him and need him to do well. I don't care who starts, I just want to win.

Go Bills !!

I was a JP supporter right up until that game. That's the game that told me, JP is not the guy.

Even this summer, the articles the past couple of days have been saying he's having a tough time getting motivated. I realize he lost his job and all, but if you're having trouble getting motivated, I don't want you starting.

16 of 32 (50.0 Percent) for 163 Yards, (52.0 rating, 5.1 yards per attempt) 0 TD's, 1 INT, and 2 Sacks

18 of 38 (47.4 Percent) for 257 yards, (76.3 rating, 6.8 Yards per attempt) 2 TD's, 1 INT, and 3 sacks

27 of 40 (67.5 Percent) for 211 yards, (67.8 rating, 5.3 yards per attempt) 1 TD, 2 INT's, and 1 Sack

22 of 36 (61.1 Percent) for 257 yards, (82.8 rating, 7.1 yards per attempt) 0 TD's, 0 INT's and 0 Sacks

23 of 31 (74.2 Percent) for 176 Yards, (74.1 rating, 5.7 yards per attempt) 0 TD's, 1 INT, and 3 Sacks

23 of 42 (54.8 Percent) for 206 yards, (58.2 rating, 4.9 yards per attempt) 0 TD's, 1 INT, and 4 Sacks

Just for Sh*ts and laughs, of of those 6 games, which one is supposed to be the game that JP played so badly in that it proved to everyone that he is not starting QB material? And who do those other stats belong to?

I don't see any way a QB controversy starts up after 1 preseason game. Sullivan may want to try to create one, but it just won't be there.

Trent may not be the answer, but the coaching staff seems convinced that JP isn't either. JP looking good can only help instill confidence that if they need him for a game or 2, he might be able to get it done. I don't see where JP looking good is a bad thing, nor where him looking bad is a good thing (unless of course, Hamdan starts showing some of that chroise that I keep reading about here :ph34r: ).

Come on, are you serious did you even see how good Edwards was last week against the Steelers? And that is a tough defense but he still led our offense to two Touchdowns. No way will there be a QB controversy even if Losman performs good for once. :ph34r::blink::blink::wallbash:

And Losman looked good against the the Redskins who were playing in game 2 of the preseason, and Buffalo was playing in game one. I don't think anyone should be basing who is ultimatly better over a pre-season game