If JP Starts Sunday...

Anyone who is not happy to see JP play well, anytime he is in a Bills uniform is not a Bills fan.

Keep it in the context of the post - I think that JP playing well will inevitably lead to a controversy the media will fuel...and people on this board as well... You know that is the case.... If it were Hamden (?) played well in Trents stead, no worries as there is no vein that he deserves to be a starter...

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because they want their best players on the field, so if someone is outplaying someone else, they will start.

I know that trent is named the starter and will be, but if JP looks better in the pre-season then Trent, they may change their mind. Although I do think its a bad decision because JP is gone at the end of the year so it will just set them back a year by letting him start if he does outplay Trent

Do you think that JP is a better quarterback than Trent Edwards?

All this TE vs JP controversy is meaningless. We need to be satisfied that we do indeed have 2 QB's that can play. Because with TE's history of injuries, there is no doubt he will not make all 16 games. JP will have to step in at some point. Probably explains too why JP hasn't been a cancer since losing his job because he knows he will get a 2nd chance. If he does well he gets his job back (unlikely) or parlays that into a nice free agent contract next year $$$$$$$$$$$$

I realize that the media loves feeding into these things...As for me personally, the QB controversy ended last season watching JP in the Jacksonville game. Playing on the road, against a good defense, against a playoff team, in essentially a "must-win" game...JP was downright pathetic, and for me, I decided right then and there that I was done with him, and we need a different starter. That awful performance didn't tell me that Trent was the answer, it just told me that JP wasn't. If there was ever a game for him to grab the starter's job by the horns and put the team on his back, that was it. He was disgusting to watch.

Even if he goes 18-18 for 360 yards and 5 TD's this Sunday, all I will be thinking of is trying to win a game on the road in November against a playoff team. I don't see it happening any time soon with our boy JP, unfortunately...

Good point. What does a great preseason performance prove? That he has talent and has ability. But the Jacksonville game showed what he lacks. He does not play well in big games against good defenses. He may have a good game Sunday because he does have good physical skills and there is not a lot of game planning at this point. Personally I think he will play poorly because it's such a big event for the Colts. I would like to see him play great on the national stage so some team will offer the Bills a high draft pick for him.

Ugh...Posts like this (Peters threads as well) are why I rarely post anymore...I could honestly care less who our :) QB is as long as the Bills win and make the playoffs... :(

Isn't that what we should focus on and talk about? :beer:

JP has had more than enough time to prove he could be our starter (Jacksonville was indeed his last chance); just like Collins, Flutie, Johnson, and Bledsoe...We clearly know what JP is or isn't - depending on how you look at it. Yes it would have been great if he was it, but he isn't. The same excuses people are tossing out there now remind me of the Rob Johnson defenses that I was caught up in back then - if only we had this, he needs an offense like this, he has a cannon for an arm etc. That is all irrelevant - either the guy can play the game at a high enough level to be a good starting qb- make good quick decisions, moves the offense and does not place the team in a position to lose the game, or not. Regardless of the type of offense you are in, regardless of your arm strength, regardless of shatty play-calling; reading defenses and not making poor decisions on where to throw the ball are basic skills that are irrelevent to the excuses people make for a qb...JP is incapable of these traits. Which sucks to say because I think everyone wanted to see him succeed because it would fill a hole for the TEAM and we could focus on other needs. It also sucks that he is a decent guy - he tried to clean up the city and is doing the right thing now and is not causing issues given his situation. It is what it is...

We still do not know much about Trent, what I do see is that the Offense at least moves and he is not running around after holding onto the ball for 5 seconds and throwing a dumb pass that gets picked off... :D all the time!

In any event, the regular season starts soon and we should be excited and rallying around the fact that it's a new season and we filled some needs throughout the offseason. Did we fill them all - no? Do we still have question marks - yes? What teams don't? The friggin Giants won the Superbowl last year - who thought that at the begining of the season.

Let's go Bills in '08!!!! :beer::D:D

Keep it in the context of the post - I think that JP playing well will inevitably lead to a controversy the media will fuel...and people on this board as well... You know that is the case.... If it were Hamden (?) played well in Trents stead, no worries as there is no vein that he deserves to be a starter...

I would beg to differ. Why not Hamdan?

I understand what you are saying, & I agree with you that it will cause a controversy if JP plays well during the season. I don't think it should start controversy during preseason, if healthy Trent should start when the regular season begins period.

I know opinions are like as-holes, but there's nothing wrong with people choosing "their" guy. So if I chose Obama over McCain and you like McCain and Obama, does that make me unamerican???

Never said there was anything wrong with having a favorite or choosing "your guy." I was a JP guy. Still am, a little. But I don't want to see Trent fail or get hurt, because I think that sets the franchise back.

IMO the problem is not being able to talk about anything regarding one QB or the other without it blowing up into a full-blown pissing contest. Or seeing "Bills fans" cheering for a Bill to get hurt or to play poorly so "their guy" can ride in, save the day and they can say "I told you so."

Oh come on now - if the offense gets a jump and special temas adds some points where we can mix it up on offense, they'll be OK. If they dictate to us what we have to do...we are cooked...but then again, so would 25 or so other teams in the league...

What I'm saying is that without Hardy and Parrish, the offense isn't even as good as it was last year. What I'd like to see is Steve Johnson starting opposite Evans, with Reed in the slot. Because Reed isn't a #2 WR.

If JP starts Sunday and plays well, I think we'll have a good old fashioned QB controversy on our hands...

wow, what an original thought, I've havent seen anyone else mention this

Edwards is the QB of the Bills, PERIOD! When will people get that in their heads