If JP Starts Sunday...

He was the MAJOR reason for the Bills loss. Jacksonville, AS A TEAM, was better than Buffalo AS A TEAM. That is occasionally when you need an exceptional performance by your 4th-year QB to lift you up on the road, and steal a game you're not supposed to win.

Watching first-year full-time starter David Garrard compared to Losman in that game was a complete joke. Losman looked like Tulane's QB.

He made error after error, dumped the ball off until finally throwing downfield late in the 4th quarter when Jax had blown it open. He knew it was likely his big chance to grab the starting job back and stamp himself as the face of the franchise, maybe even leading a playoff push. His performance that game had me thinking the Bills were light years away from the playoffs.

And the interceptions? They didn't bug me all that much. I understand that they happen when you're trying to make plays. What bugged me was JP's quotes after the game, when asked about the crucial, game-changing INT when the Bills were down 22-14 in the 4th quarter:

Hahahaha...So, down by one score in the 4th quarter, you finally throw downfield...And your receiver was open ("we actually had it") EXCEPT for the LB you didn't see who intercepted the pass???? Nice....Hit the bench.

To continuously watch the guy make the same mistakes is torture. At least with Trent we'll hopefully get some new mistakes.

JP was quoted BEFORE that game saying that the opportunity was "do or die" for him.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If only JP was playing against the Bills defense, Losman looked like Tulane's QB playing against USC

That Bills defense gave up a long burst to Fred Taylor early, and then basically held Jacksonville to FG's until halfway thru the 4th quarter, PRAYING their quarterback could actually make a play and steal a game that they had no business still hanging around in.

If JP's continuous excuse is that the other team had a good defense, well then hell, put him in there and we'll go 6-10 every year, beating the likes of Oakland and Houston and losing to any semi-competitive team. No thanks.

16 of 32 (50.0 Percent) for 163 Yards, (52.0 rating, 5.1 yards per attempt) 0 TD's, 1 INT, and 2 Sacks

18 of 38 (47.4 Percent) for 257 yards, (76.3 rating, 6.8 Yards per attempt) 2 TD's, 1 INT, and 3 sacks

27 of 40 (67.5 Percent) for 211 yards, (67.8 rating, 5.3 yards per attempt) 1 TD, 2 INT's, and 1 Sack

22 of 36 (61.1 Percent) for 257 yards, (82.8 rating, 7.1 yards per attempt) 0 TD's, 0 INT's and 0 Sacks

23 of 31 (74.2 Percent) for 176 Yards, (74.1 rating, 5.7 yards per attempt) 0 TD's, 1 INT, and 3 Sacks

23 of 42 (54.8 Percent) for 206 yards, (58.2 rating, 4.9 yards per attempt) 0 TD's, 1 INT, and 4 Sacks

Just for Sh*ts and laughs, of of those 6 games, which one is supposed to be the game that JP played so badly in that it proved to everyone that he is not starting QB material? And who do those other stats belong to?

It ain't always what you say, sometimes its' the way you say it...sometimes, its' the singer, not the song.... :ph34r:

Truth is, JP wasn't elevating his game, or anyone elses when he needed to. Will Trent do any better? I don't know...but we have all seen the JP story one too many times...

Even if he goes 18-18 for 360 yards and 5 TD's this Sunday, all I will be thinking of is trying to win a game on the road in November against a playoff team. I don't see it happening any time soon with our boy JP, unfortunately...

If he has that type of game it is a showcase for a trade which is good for Bills.

That Bills defense gave up a long burst to Fred Taylor early, and then basically held Jacksonville to FG's until halfway thru the 4th quarter, PRAYING their quarterback could actually make a play and steal a game that they had no business still hanging around in.

If JP's continuous excuse is that the other team had a good defense, well then hell, put him in there and we'll go 6-10 every year, beating the likes of Oakland and Houston and losing to any semi-competitive team. No thanks.

Who made excuse's he said he played like crap and I agree, but to brush off the entire teams performance and

blame that entire game on him is bs. What did Jack. have? 416 yds. Garrad had nealy 300 yds passing wtf

Who made excuse's he said he played like crap and I agree, but to brush off the entire teams performance and

blame that entire game on him is bs. What did Jack. have? 416 yds. Garrad had nealy 300 yds passing wtf

And still only down 1 score in the 4th quarter when your QB has done dogshiit.

I'm not brushing off the entire team's performance, but let's be real....Jacksonville was WITHOUT A DOUBT the better team, and the game was at their place. They're supposed to win. For the rest of the Bills team to hold up as well as they did, and keep things close for three-and-a-half quarters, was fairly remarkable. The rest of the team put Losman in a position to be a hero. And he was the furthest thing from it.

I'm not saying the Bills should've beaten the Jags, and that Losman was the sole reason they lost. I'm saying, when your QB is in his 4th season, and you have aspirations of being a playoff team, those are the times when your QB has to rise above and lead his overmatched team to victory. The overmatched Bills got Losman the ball, down by one score in the 4th quarter, and he gave it away with a horrible INT, thrown in the same area of the field where he has consistently failed to see the weak-side covereage many times before.

If you still think he can get it done, I won't dispute that with you, and I applaud your optimism. I was as much a "JP guy" as anybody, but I promised myself after that game that it was over, let's move in another direction because this guy doesn't have it.

Again, that was it for my PERSONAL quarterback controversy. Trent didn't necessarily win it...JP lost it. I felt like I had given him every excuse I could think of, and his performance in that game- when he KNEW he needed to perform- was inexcusable.

If JP starts Sunday and plays well, I think we'll have a good old fashioned QB controversy on our hands...

I know he has taken the high road, but if he plays and plays well, the murmers will begin, "JP would be better than Trent in this offense, more athletic...", "the only reason that Trent looks good is he has better tools at his disposal...just look at how well JP did...".

You know it's inevitable - the News needs to sell papers and we need a good old fashioned controversy on the board to ingnite the masses...

JP crashing badly would be best for all interested parties...

WOW, being a JP supporter, I have been accused of hoping Trent fails, which is not true. The truth is you haters, hate JP so much one of you finally admits YOU HOPE he fails. WHAT KIND OF BILLS FAN IS THIS the bug?

I don't think we will have a QB controversy even if JP blows up Indy on Sunday. I was a big JP supporter, wish him well, am glad to have him as a backup for as long as we will, am disappointed he didn't work out, and think he could be successful for another team if some of the missing pieces click.

That being said, he is out of his starting job and the train has left the station. It would take a prolonged injury to Trent and some amazing surprise performance over a long stretch for the door to open at all.

The issue with JP is not his attitude or his arm or his legs or his upside. He has oodles of talent and when he is on it is incredible. The issue with JP is being able to make quick consistent decisions and throw the right pass with accuracy consistently. I agree with things turning on the Jacksonville game, and that really was his do or die moment. But whether that was the right time to move on or not (I'm excited about Edwards), it is the decision that was made.

NO AMOUNT of small sample size brilliance can make up for the demonstrated failure in consistent decision making. The only two things that could make JP the starter are a change of scenery or being forced to play multiple regular season games because of an injury and absolutely lighting it up with better than expected consistency. So until you hear "Edwards" and "crutches" and "4-6 weeks" in the same sentence there is ZERO chance of a QB controversy outside of the Buffalo News regardless of the performance of JP in any preseason game.

Of course I didn't think Rob Johnson would have started against the Titans, so I could be wrong :rolleyes:

All interested parties? JP crashing might make things simpler in the world of the media and internet, but how exactly would JP crashing be best for the franchise?

I guess some folks here are bigger fans of the Bills QB's of choice, rather than the Bills themselves! :w00t:

Go JP, Go Trent, Go Bills!

WOW, being a JP supporter, I have been accused of hoping Trent fails, which is not true. The truth is you haters, hate JP so much one of you finally admits YOU HOPE he fails. WHAT KIND OF BILLS FAN IS THIS the bug?

I really do not care which guy starts, just stating that we will have some hang wringing and infighting...as evidenced by the responses...I guess that is the case huh?

I guess some folks here are bigger fans of the Bills QB's of choice, rather than the Bills themselves! :w00t: !

The last few years of the Flutie-RJ, Bledsoe-Losman, Losman-Holcomb, Losman-Edwards (damn, seeing a pattern here) red-blue divide have really proven that some people want their guy to play no matter how the Bills do.

I joined a Bills Backers group in Florida to watch one game during the RJ-Flutie controversy and watched so-called Bills fans booing the QB and cheering when he was hit and shook up. Disgusting.

I'm expecting the starting offense to look horrible no matter who the QB is. Freeney will be matched-up against Walker, Hardy and Parrish are out, and Lynch might still be gimpy.

Oh come on now - if the offense gets a jump and special temas adds some points where we can mix it up on offense, they'll be OK. If they dictate to us what we have to do...we are cooked...but then again, so would 25 or so other teams in the league...

The last few years of the Flutie-RJ, Bledsoe-Losman, Losman-Holcomb, Losman-Edwards (damn, seeing a pattern here) red-blue divide have really proven that some people want their guy to play no matter how the Bills do.

I joined a Bills Backers group in Florida to watch one game during the RJ-Flutie controversy and watched so-called Bills fans booing the QB and cheering when he was hit and shook up. Disgusting.

I know opinions are like as-holes, but there's nothing wrong with people choosing "their" guy. So if I chose Obama over McCain and you like McCain and Obama, does that make me unamerican???