FINALLY PETERS MIGHT REPORT

SAM HARRIS

Interesting how you cast the team as the one in the wrong. Interesting how the team has been able to work out extensions for other players. Yet, for Peters it's different and the onus is on the team? Or could it be that Peters hired an a-hole for an agent and he's the one that's the leading cause for this stalemate?

Nah. Agents play no role in negotiations. :rolleyes:

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

peters sucks

I agree. Don't forget the agent. He sucks too. The Bills are playing this right. Let him sit and rot. You don't hold out coming off an injury with 3 years to go on your deal after making your first pro-bowl. You want big bucks? Back it up. Prove that you can continue to play at that level and that you're healthy and durable. Once you've done that, come talk to us.

Sure, an owner in his 90's desparate for a championship before he dies can afford to wait for the team to find another pro bowl left tackle. :rolleyes:

OK, I'm new to the board and a long time Bills fan. I am a huge fan of Jason Peter's accomplishments so I am not sure which one of you this is on the board but it is obvious that you are either Jason himself or Parker joining in on the dialog from your viewpoint. I have a warning for you! Examine Bills history very closely before you continue your holdout this team WILL! put your career on ICE forever if you don't get your Butt in! There is no longer a USFL that you can run to. I may be one of the few here who remembers how the Jim Kelly era began in Buffalo but Ralph didn't give in to him either and eventually he came crawling back because they owned his rights. Parker is on the verge of ruining you man! You have greatness in you, don't listen to him unless you want to go play in Toronto full time now because the Bills own your rights!! The longer you fail to realize this the more painful it will be for you. Parker wants to cash in on you he doesn't care about your career he cares about his pocket. We all know you deserve more but the Bills found you and gave you an early contract last time because the thought they were securing your future and theirs. See the big picture and not through Parkers rose colored glasseas. The Bills care about you Jason and they want you to reap the rewards of success together. They will pay you but Ralph comes from a generation that does reward absenteeism. Get your Bleep in to Camp!!!!!!!

OK, I'm new to the board and a long time Bills fan. I am a huge fan of Jason Peter's accomplishments so I am not sure which one of you this is on the board but it is obvious that you are either Jason himself or Parker joining in on the dialog from your viewpoint.

I have a warning for you! Examine Bills history very closely before you continue your holdout this team WILL! put your career on ICE forever if you don't get your Butt in! There is no longer a USFL that you can run to.

I may be one of the few here who remembers how the Jim Kelly era began in Buffalo but Ralph didn't give in to him either and eventually he came crawling back because they owned his rights.

Parker is on the verge of ruining you man! You have greatness in you, don't listen to him unless you want to go play in Toronto full time now because the Bills own your rights!! The longer you fail to realize this the more painful it will be for you. Parker wants to cash in on you he doesn't care about your career he cares about his pocket.

We all know you deserve more but the Bills found you and gave you an early contract last time because the thought they were securing your future and theirs. See the big picture and not through Parkers rose colored glasseas. The Bills care about you Jason and they want you to reap the rewards of success together.

They will pay you but Ralph comes from a generation that does reward absenteeism. Get your Bleep in to Camp!!!!!!!

Welcome onboard, some interesting reading may be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paragraphs.

This is a message board champ. The guy isn't submitting his college thesis, take it easy.

I may have sounded more harsh then intended... In my defense I did paragraph his post for readability so I felt I was entitled to a cheapshot... :rolleyes: The welcome onboard part was meant sincere.

ACTUAL ALMOST UPDATE!!! ....NFL.com story

...His whereabouts aren't even certain.

At Peters' home, about 5 miles from Ralph Wilson Stadium, there was a red pickup truck with Texas license plates and a van from a local cleaning service parked in the driveway Thursday. No one, however, answered the doorbell....

OK, I'm new to the board and a long time Bills fan. I am a huge fan of Jason Peter's accomplishments so I am not sure which one of you this is on the board but it is obvious that you are either Jason himself or Parker joining in on the dialog from your viewpoint. I have a warning for you! Examine Bills history very closely before you continue your holdout this team WILL! put your career on ICE forever if you don't get your Butt in! There is no longer a USFL that you can run to. I may be one of the few here who remembers how the Jim Kelly era began in Buffalo but Ralph didn't give in to him either and eventually he came crawling back because they owned his rights. Parker is on the verge of ruining you man! You have greatness in you, don't listen to him unless you want to go play in Toronto full time now because the Bills own your rights!! The longer you fail to realize this the more painful it will be for you. Parker wants to cash in on you he doesn't care about your career he cares about his pocket. We all know you deserve more but the Bills found you and gave you an early contract last time because the thought they were securing your future and theirs. See the big picture and not through Parkers rose colored glasseas. The Bills care about you Jason and they want you to reap the rewards of success together. They will pay you but Ralph comes from a generation that does not reward absenteeism. Get your Bleep in to Camp!!!!!!!

Refresh my memory, did Jim Kelly come to the Bills because he was unable to make any money in 1983, 1984 & 1985 or did he come to the Bills becase the USFL folded. Did Jim Kelly crawl here or did we have a parade?

Whose career has Ralph put on ice?

You are right, Parker does not care about Jason Peters, he only cares about his pocket. The question is, what should the Bills do about it. Is letting Peters sit for the rest of his career the best thing for the Bills?

News Main E-mail

Posted: 17 hours 1 minutes ago

Bills OL Peters' holdout enters fourth week

Associated Press

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- The Buffalo Bills were back in town Thursday after breaking training camp in suburban Rochester, but they're still missing one key component: Pro Bowl left tackle Jason Peters, whose contract holdout enters its fourth week.

Bills chief operating officer Russ Brandon had nothing new to report after practice as the team prepares for its third preseason game, at Indianapolis on Sunday. Coach Dick Jauron said he's had no response in his attempts to reach the player. And Peters and his representatives aren't talking to reporters or, according to the Bills, team executives.

The only member of the Bills who's had any contact with Peters seems to be guard Derrick Dockery, who's exchanged regular text messages with the player.

Rick Stewart / Getty Images

Bills OL Jason Peters' holdout entered its 28th day Thursday with no end in sight.

"He's doing fine. He's doing well," Dockery said.

Based on his exchanges, Dockery said he believes Peters will report before the start of the season. Dockery, however, added, "That's me just being optimistic. Who knows? But I think he'll be back."

No one, though, is saying anything definitively in regards to Peters, who has three years left on his contract, but wants a new deal after earning his first Pro Bowl selection last year.

(more at link)

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true

Edited by Lori
copyrighted material

You are right, Parker does not care about Jason Peters, he only cares about his pocket. The question is, what should the Bills do about it. Is letting Peters sit for the rest of his career the best thing for the Bills?

At some point, whether thats next offseason or sooner, Parker has to see that Peters sitting is NOT the best thing for his (Parker's) pocket. Whenever that happens, we'll have our left tackle back. No need for the team to take any action at all.

At some point, whether thats next offseason or sooner, Parker has to see that Peters sitting is NOT the best thing for his (Parker's) pocket. Whenever that happens, we'll have our left tackle back. No need for the team to take any action at all.

At that point, the agent usually demands a trade.

I have yet to find any NFL holdout that has ended with anything other than a new contract or a trade w/new contract

The biggest problem with the Peters saga is that teh Bills are representing the ENTIRE LEAGUE in this. Here, the club has to protect the language of NFL contracts and hold a palyer to his agreement and writting regardless of whether they need him in camp. WIlson has to protect the negotiation tactics of all NFL owners. Peters and Parker know this and they know that Wilson is desparate to have a left tackle finally -- since Will Wolford left to the COlts 12-14 years ago.

If I were Wilson, I would give Peters an incentive laden contract. play to get paid. the bonus or guaranteed money should be low as peters was injured and only has one probowl under his belt.

the AFC has terrible left tackles -- how good is peters anyway? is he as good as ogden? tarik gleen? Jon tait? Peeters was a backup TE at arkansas. he was not a high first rounder who has the pedigree to get paid for his resume and his ONE GOOD SEASON. a harvard law grad who had a good first yr at a firm is going to make more money than a Univ. bufflao grad who had a good season. simple truth.

Parker is a punk. He, like other agents, is too involved in the process. Are these advocates or lawyer trourble makers? He mustprotect his cleint, but is he doing a service to a guy who is breaching his contract? the rules of professional responsibily should be reviewed and it maybe Parker should be levied ethic violations...

The biggest problem with the Peters saga is that teh Bills are representing the ENTIRE LEAGUE in this. Here, the club has to protect the language of NFL contracts and hold a palyer to his agreement and writting regardless of whether they need him in camp. WIlson has to protect the negotiation tactics of all NFL owners. Peters and Parker know this and they know that Wilson is desparate to have a left tackle finally -- since Will Wolford left to the COlts 12-14 years ago.

If I were Wilson, I would give Peters an incentive laden contract. play to get paid. the bonus or guaranteed money should be low as peters was injured and only has one probowl under his belt.

the AFC has terrible left tackles -- how good is peters anyway? is he as good as ogden? tarik gleen? Jon tait? Peeters was a backup TE at arkansas. he was not a high first rounder who has the pedigree to get paid for his resume and his ONE GOOD SEASON. a harvard law grad who had a good first yr at a firm is going to make more money than a Univ. bufflao grad who had a good season. simple truth.

Parker is a punk. He, like other agents, is too involved in the process. Are these advocates or lawyer trourble makers? He mustprotect his cleint, but is he doing a service to a guy who is breaching his contract? the rules of professional responsibily should be reviewed and it maybe Parker should be levied ethic violations...

and why would Peters agree to this??

Parker is a punk. He, like other agents, is too involved in the process. Are these advocates or lawyer trouble makers? He mustprotect his cleint, but is he doing a service to a guy who is breaching his contract? the rules of professional responsibily should be reviewed and it maybe Parker should be levied ethic violations...

I don't think the Bills are representing the entire league. The Rams negotiated with Parker during the holdout. Other teams do it. If the NFL wanted to end/limit holdouts, they would put it in the CBA.

Parker is a punk. I have said before that I think someone should look into his representation of players. He has been accused of putting his interests above those of his clients and it was once floated that he uses the contracts of some of his players for leverage on other negotiations. (ex. I'll let player A sign for $x if you agree to give player B $y.) The problem is, he usually wins, his clients benefit and no one complains.

I have said before that I think someone should look into his representation of players. He has been accused of putting his interests above those of his clients and it was once floated that he uses the contracts of some of his players for leverage on other negotiations.

Precisely who has been making this accusations?

This is different because Peters has three (3) years left. If you exhaust your contract you renegotiate. If you have one yr left you can extend. three 93) years out is STUPID. Jason just signed his $3 mm tow seasons ago. it is utter BULLsh--. adn this is why the bills hacve to represent the league.

I don't think the Bills are representing the entire league. The Rams negotiated with Parker during the holdout. Other teams do it. If the NFL wanted to end/limit holdouts, they would put it in the CBA.

Parker is a punk. I have said before that I think someone should look into his representation of players. He has been accused of putting his interests above those of his clients and it was once floated that he uses the contracts of some of his players for leverage on other negotiations. (ex. I'll let player A sign for $x if you agree to give player B $y.) The problem is, he usually wins, his clients benefit and no one complains.