My challenge to Edwards tonight

I know TE will have limited playing time but it would be nice to see him lead the offense to a TD. At this point I don't care if it's a Marshawn dive from the 1 yard line, or a 40-yd TD pass to Evans. I just want to see this offense, led by Edwards, score a TD.

Is that asking too much?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My only challenge to Edwards tonight is to get out of the game 100% healthy. Seriously, I don't want him to throw 3 INT's or anything but his putting up some "numbers" in a preseason game is no more important to me than if Marshawn Lynch gain 5 yards on 7 carries. All I care about is game #1 vs. Seattle... that Edwards leads an efficient offense, makes no bonehead errors and leads the team to victory. He appears to be one of these QB's that once he finds some success and builds confidence within himself...he's going to be a good NFL QB. I can't believe how many expectations people have for preseason games (not the original poster, but Bills fans in general)

I can't believe how many expectations people have for preseason games (not the original poster, but Bills fans in general)

I don't think it's wrong to want to see improvement. You can't go bugnuts crazy if he goes 1-5, but, you want to see signs that the team is moving in the right direction.

I know they don't want to get the starters hurt, blah, blah, blah, but I am probably in the minority when I say that I would like to see the starters(especially on offense) get more playing time than 1 or 2 series(especially if they are 3 and out series). If that is all Jauron is going to give them, why play them at all.

I know they don't want to get the starters hurt, blah, blah, blah, but I am probably in the minority when I say that I would like to see the starters(especially on offense) get more playing time than 1 or 2 series(especially if they are 3 and out series). If that is all Jauron is going to give them, why play them at all.

I would really like to see the offensive starters get the first half. On the other hand...if the Stillers are blitzing like crazy and the O-line & backs aren't picking it up...

I can't believe how many expectations people have for preseason games (not the original poster, but Bills fans in general)

Are you saying that asking for 1 TD out of the starting offense in the second preseason game is asking too much?

I'm not sure if the NFL keeps stats on how many points an offense puts up under each QB, but Trent's point production so far is, in my recollection, alarmingly low. I would like to see some progress in that category.

Are you saying that asking for 1 TD out of the starting offense in the second preseason game is asking too much?

I'm not sure if the NFL keeps stats on how many points an offense puts up under each QB, but Trent's point production so far is, in my recollection, alarmingly low. I would like to see some progress in that category.

if we can figure out how to kick a 7 point field goal...trent's production would be through the roof!

Honestly I don't think we will see much of Edwards tonight either. 3 series at the very most if they are relatively short, anything resembling a drive and we will only get 2 series. The reason is, cuts are coming up and we need to make decisions on our depth chart. We have games 3 and 4 to give our starters more time.

Honestly I don't think we will see much of Edwards tonight either. 3 series at the very most if they are relatively short, anything resembling a drive and we will only get 2 series. The reason is, cuts are coming up and we need to make decisions on our depth chart. We have games 3 and 4 to give our starters more time.

The starters see almost no time in game 4. Don't know why, just the way the coaches play it.

From an article I reasd yesterday, It seems Edwards expects to play the first half, but Jauron might not play them much more then what he did last week.

I want to see every single pass he throws go for a TD and if it doesn't then he sucks and we should go back to JP. If JP doesn't throw a TD every single pass then he sucks too and we should go with Hamdan.

That isn't too far from being a good plan. It is hard to understand why some fans "just want to make sure the QB doesn't get hurt". If this guy gets hurt in preseson then way it goes. You can't pamper these players they get paid to get hit. Football is not for the timid, it is a violent game. Edwards had better light up the field tonight and show that he has some ability to be a QB. Poise only is not going to do it in this league, you must be a playmaker or be a backup. Edwards is looking a lot like a backup QB and not a starter.

That isn't too far from being a good plan. It is hard to understand why some fans "just want to make sure the QB doesn't get hurt". If this guy gets hurt in preseson then way it goes. You can't pamper these players they get paid to get hit. Football is not for the timid, it is a violent game. Edwards had better light up the field tonight and show that he has some ability to be a QB. Poise only is not going to do it in this league, you must be a playmaker or be a backup. Edwards is looking a lot like a backup QB and not a starter.

I somewhat agree. But you have to be aware of the other teams first and second string Defense. Because once the backups to the backups come in, there will be a guy that is questionable to make the team, trying to rip someones head off to make an impression on their coaching staff. That may come in the form of a late, dirty, or even just a hard hit. That's the danger of leaving your QB in too long. I am all for Edwards playing more, but you have to be smart about it as well...

I somewhat agree. But you have to be aware of the other teams first and second string Defense. Because once the backups to the backups come in, there will be a guy that is questionable to make the team, trying to rip someones head off to make an impression on their coaching staff. That may come in the form of a late, dirty, or even just a hard hit. That's the danger of leaving your QB in too long. I am all for Edwards playing more, but you have to be smart about it as well...

Whatever happens, I look forward to the debate tomorrow.

I want to see every single pass he throws go for a TD and if it doesn't then he sucks and we should go back to JP. If JP doesn't throw a TD every single pass then he sucks too and we should go with Hamdan.

Personally, I think the Bills should give all their QBs a chance behind the wheel - may the best bus driver win...

No, I'm not saying that. My point is that Dick Jauron & staff have made their decision. Trent Edwards is the starting QB. He obviously is showing enough good signs in mini camp and training camp to make the decision clear cut. I'd love to see him lead the team to two TD's tonight in one Qtr of action. I want to see production in game #1 against Seattle. That's whats important to me (and I'm guessing Jauron too). I'm not really worried about a preseaon game vs. Pitt. Once the regular season begins we will have absolutely no memory of these games unless someone gets hurt (ala Charlie Batch last week).

Actually, we should rewind past JP and all the way to Kemp.