Thoughts on JP tonight

Drew026

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. I was at the game, and he looked very good (so did Hamden). Trent, not so much. But look, the biggest problem we have is musical quarterbacks. I dont really care which one of the three is our starter, but whoever we decide (and it looks like we decided on Trent), needs to be the starter the ENTIRE year and not be looking over his shoulder.

(That said...I think Losman will eventually make a very good QB in this league.)

I thought Trent looked OK, but he may have had some nerves going. He made one nice throw. Hardy missed a blitz read which should have resulted in a break-off of his route and Trent threw it where Hardy should have been. He also failed to see a wide open Schoumann on his last play. It was a crossing route and Schoumann was the guy who ended up open going right to left and he followed the guy going left to right all the way and the pass was broken up. It was funny because Tasker concluded that he had no one to throw to, but I watched the play several times and Schoumann was wide open every time.

JP of course was probably not playing against all of Washington's ones, but of course he also didn't have the benefit of our ones either. Derek Fine totally missed a blitz pick-up and JP got nailed. Of course the haters will probably blame JP for that, but I've come to expect that. The TD pass was very well executed. He looked left until the last second and came back right to Hardy who was wide open. He also made a nice pass to Parrish that was purposely underthrown in view of another blitzer running free on him, and Parrish made the correct adjustment back to the ball. Again, the haters will claim it was just JP being lucky, but that's OK.

The haters better hope he doesn't get a chance to get in there for any long stretch of games, because I think he would flourish in this new offense and I think Schonnert would let him play his game unlike Mr. Fit "the square peg in the round hole" Fairchild. Of course, that would never lead to JP's return, but it could be a foreshadowing of things to come.

Hamden was surprisingly poised and easily the most accurate passer we had tonight.

Interesting observation, given that JP was 7 of 9 and had one dropped that should have been caught. But I'm sure you'll have some sort of convoluted explanation to justify that.

Interesting observation, given that JP was 7 of 9 and had one dropped that should have been caught. But I'm sure you'll have some sort of convoluted explanation to justify that.

Convoluted explanation for what, exactly? My praise for his ability to sustain four-play drives that start in te Red Zone? He did fantastic in that regard, and I said so. Did I sound like a "hater" to you? :lol:

Most of his throws were a little high, but they were catchable balls, & were caught. Trent had a nice throw as well.

My thoughts exactly. Even though he was 7/9, his receivers did some serious work to bring in most of those 7. The completion to Roscoe was horribly underthrown, and the rest were making the receivers stretch out in the middle of the field(just asking for some WR rib injuries if you ask me).

My thoughts exactly. Even though he was 7/9, his receivers did some serious work to bring in most of those 7. The completion to Roscoe was horribly underthrown, and the rest were making the receivers stretch out in the middle of the field(just asking for some WR rib injuries if you ask me).

I thought JP played well. His throw to Roscoe though was a bit concerning as those are the type of plays which landed him a job on the bench. He just let it go and hoped for the best. Luckly it turned out in our favor.

I really love this. JP has a good night; good completion percentage; TD; 2pt conversion. Yet all we can say is he made his receivers stretch for the ball, he was lucky, erratic.

How about appreciating the fact that we actually have a pretty good #2 QB? Would that be too much to ask?

I really love this. JP has a good night; good completion percentage; TD; 2pt conversion. Yet all we can say is he made his receivers stretch for the ball, he was lucky, erratic.

How about appreciating the fact that we actually have a pretty good #2 QB? Would that be too much to ask?

We have a potential NFL starter as our #2. That makes me happy :lol:

Listen guys don't turn this into a JP should be the starter thread. Trent is the starter and he should be no matter what, i agree no more musical quarterbacks this year and yes JP did well tonight but he was going against the 2nd string defense and that is why i feel comfortable with JP as our backup because we really don't lose any talent and JP has been a starter in this league so he knows whats going on....so this is my thought Trent was awful tonight but it was probably nerves and he should work it out and JP was good but again against 2nd stringers so take it for what it's worth but Trent is still the man....

Listen guys don't turn this into a JP should be the starter thread. Trent is the starter and he should be no matter what, i agree no more musical quarterbacks this year and yes JP did well tonight but he was going against the 2nd string defense and that is why i feel comfortable with JP as our backup because we really don't lose any talent and JP has been a starter in this league so he knows whats going on....so this is my thought Trent was awful tonight but it was probably nerves and he should work it out and JP was good but again against 2nd stringers so take it for what it's worth but Trent is still the man....

......and who made you the law around here? If someone wishes to make a case for JP as being the starter, so be it.

Better to state your point, than to tell other what they should or should not do.

......and who made you the law around here? If someone wishes to make a case for JP as being the starter, so be it.

Better to state your point, than to tell other what they should or should not do.

Uhhh....pot, meet kettle.

Now, if you want to yell at him for his horrifying grammar, I'm on board.

So Trent should be the starter no matter how bad he plays? That doesnt even make sense. You play the guy that is making it happen. You dont play a guy just because you like the sound of his name compared to the other guy. Right now Losman has the upper hand because he is a better QB right now compared to Edwards. I hope the coaches are smart enough to be coaches and not media based decison guessers. Edwards out Losman IN.

Yes. I was at the game, and he looked very good (so did Hamden). Trent, not so much. But look, the biggest problem we have is musical quarterbacks. I dont really care which one of the three is our starter, but whoever we decide (and it looks like we decided on Trent), needs to be the starter the ENTIRE year and not be looking over his shoulder.

(That said...I think Losman will eventually make a very good QB in this league.)

Dude, it was a preseason game. everybody plays, It is already stated Trents the starter.

Listen guys don't turn this into a JP should be the starter thread.

I don't see anyone here saying JP should be the starter. I do see a bunch of people running down what was apparently a good performance because they care more about their personal favorite QB than about the team. IMO, "fans" like that suck balls.

The TD pass was very well executed. He looked left until the last second and came back right to Hardy who was wide open.

Perhaps we have a different definition of "wide open". Hardy was actually pretty well covered but used his tremendous size to get body position on the much smaller corner to make a nice play. It was a well thrown ball but Hardy was in no way "wide open".

I now know why Hardy was a TD machine in college.