Legalize it!

Labs will definitely get aggressive if they feel their home or their owner is threatened. But this story sounds F'd up!

That is the weakest SWAT raid ever if they think they'll be able to prove just cause while the unopened package was sitting outside the house. It's not like people were laying all over the house, in an orgy, with weed and coke all over the place. (The mayor was probably just waiting for the coke to get there to start that part of the party.)

:blink: :blink: :lol:;)

Marijuana is not a narcotic.

:blink:

True... Getting nit-picky... :blink:

From Wiki, FWIW:

Many law enforcement officials in the United States inaccurately use the word "narcotic" to refer to any illegal drug or any unlawfully possessed drug. An example is referring to cannabis as a narcotic. Because the term is often used broadly, inaccurately or pejoratively outside medical contexts, most medical professionals prefer the more precise term opioid, which refers to natural, semi-synthetic, and synthetic substances that behave pharmacologically like morphine, the primary active constituent of natural opium poppy. Although the overuse of the term "narcotic" in various nonclinical contexts is technically inaccurate, it does serve adequately as a shorthand way of denoting any powerful or illegal drug.

Outside of the United States, narcotic is generally taken to define any substance which produces narcosis, a bluntening of the senses.[5]. From a criminal viewpoint, this includes but is not limited to illegal drugs, alcohol, and misuse of prescriptive medication such as morphine.

True... Getting nit-picky... :blink:

From Wiki, FWIW:

Many law enforcement officials in the United States inaccurately use the word "narcotic" to refer to any illegal drug or any unlawfully possessed drug. An example is referring to cannabis as a narcotic. Because the term is often used broadly, inaccurately or pejoratively outside medical contexts, most medical professionals prefer the more precise term opioid, which refers to natural, semi-synthetic, and synthetic substances that behave pharmacologically like morphine, the primary active constituent of natural opium poppy. Although the overuse of the term "narcotic" in various nonclinical contexts is technically inaccurate, it does serve adequately as a shorthand way of denoting any powerful or illegal drug.

Outside of the United States, narcotic is generally taken to define any substance which produces narcosis, a bluntening of the senses.[5]. From a criminal viewpoint, this includes but is not limited to illegal drugs, alcohol, and misuse of prescriptive medication such as morphine.

Right. So, if we're calling weed a narcotic, then so is a 30 pack of Genny Light.

With that amount of weed, there is a good chance the recipient is armed and has guard dogs.

In the SF Bay area recently there were two isiezures of large pot farms. One was in an open space park where people hike through. The cops showed up and wefre shot at ny three people. They shot and killed one and two others escaped. - about $4 M in pot siezed. Another incident happened this week. About 20 miles south of me ion a very remote road, someone saw several guys target shooting into a hillside from a truck. They old the cops and tehy investibated- found a large farm of it from the air. These guys are armed, and the plots can be booby trapped.

With that amount of weed, there is a good chance the recipient is armed and has guard dogs.

In the SF Bay area recently there were two isiezures of large pot farms. One was in an open space park where people hike through. The cops showed up and wefre shot at ny three people. They shot and killed one and two others escaped. - about $4 M in pot siezed. Another incident happened this week. About 20 miles south of me ion a very remote road, someone saw several guys target shooting into a hillside from a truck. They old the cops and tehy investibated- found a large farm of it from the air. These guys are armed, and the plots can be booby trapped.

You said booby.

32 pounds isnt "some pot" :blink:

Marijuana is illegal for one reason. It was the only competition to the cotton industry at the turn of the 20th century. So it is kinda like McDonalds lobbying to make Burger King illegal. It should be reversed. The Govt' could oversee the production and distribution and sell it with the famed "luxury tax" and probably settle the national debt. I think this country needs to get high. :blink::blink: Clear our collective heads.

Marijuana is illegal for one reason. It was the only competition to the cotton industry at the turn of the 20th century. So it is kinda like McDonalds lobbing to make Burger King illegal. It should be reversed. The Govt' could oversee the production and distribution and sell it with the famed "luxury tax" and probably settle the national debt. I think this country needs to get high. :blink::blink: Clear our collective heads.

Taxing it heavily would keep the current delivery infrastructure in place. I'm just saying.

Taxing it heavily would keep the current delivery infrastructure in place. I'm just saying.

Legalizing it would bring down the fair market price and then the huge tax up so IMO the consumer would break even and we could always rely on the native americans to provide tax free cannabis sativa :thumbsup: P.S. where do you get delivery :rolleyes: lol.

Legalizing it would bring down the fair market price and then the huge tax up so IMO the consumer would break even and we could always rely on the native americans to provide tax free cannabis sativa :thumbsup: P.S. where do you get delivery :rolleyes: lol.

I've never touched the stuff. That doesn't mean I don't think it should be legal. Alcohol is way worse for society than pot.

And you're flat out wrong. If the government matched the price of today, the providers would simply drop their price by half and still make a killing. Welcome to the free market system.

I've never touched the stuff. That doesn't mean I don't think it should be legal. Alcohol is way worse for society than pot.

And you're flat out wrong. If the government matched the price of today, the providers would simply drop their price by half and still make a killing. Welcome to the free market system.

But they don't do that with cigarettes.

I agree that there would continue to be a black market, even if for no other reason than whatever the government put out on the market would be weak compared with today's standard. But the legal stuff would still make a killing. People buy brands, no matter what else is out there.

BTW, where are you exactly that you are welcoming people to the free market? Certainly not the US.

But they don't do that with cigarettes.

Sure they do. Alaska has it's own Task Force and their job is to keep "non-taxed" cigarettes outta the state.

I agree that there would continue to be a black market, even if for no other reason than whatever the government put out on the market would be weak compared with today's standard. But the legal stuff would still make a killing. People buy brands, no matter what else is out there.

This is America. Everything makes a killing. But if you're trying to get away from the huge cost of Drug Enforcement and periphiral crime, the best thing is to drop the price significantly for a period of time to get everyone on board.

BTW, where are you exactly that you are welcoming people to the free market? Certainly not the US.

I've been all over the world. We have as free a market as anyone. I'm not disagreeing that the government continues to chip away at it with each passing group of thieves but it could be (and will be) worse.

Never touched it eh? Then how do you know the prices? :thumbsup: lol :rolleyes:

Never touched it eh? Then how do you know the prices? <_< lol :thumbsup:

I don't. But given that it's illegal, it's quite likely that it costs more than other crops which would have a similiar overhead if each were legal. I can't imagine an ounce of corn costs as much as an ounce of Matsu Thunder!@#$. And since you need way more corn for a meal than you do to get high...

It's called common sense, "Big Man". :rolleyes:

I'll take any drug test you're willing to pay for, whenever you want. They can go back as far as they want. I've never touched it.

I don't. But given that it's illegal, it's quite likely that it costs more than other crops which would have a similiar overhead if each were legal. I can't imagine an ounce of corn costs as much as an ounce of Matsu Thunder!@#$.

It's called common sense, "Big Man". :rolleyes:

Settle down!! Take a big boy hit of some of that Matsu Thunder F. Which is killer by the by. :thumbsup:

Sure they do. Alaska has it's own Task Force and their job is to keep "non-taxed" cigarettes outta the state.

Yeah, but Alaska's not really the US. :rolleyes:

This is America. Everything makes a killing. But if you're trying to get away from the huge cost of Drug Enforcement and periphiral crime, the best thing is to drop the price significantly for a period of time to get everyone on board.

I agree with you on that, and that's how I basically envision it happening. I think they would increase the taxes over time, just like the did with cigs.

I've been all over the world. We have as free a market as anyone. I'm not disagreeing that the government continues to chip away at it with each passing group of thieves but it could be (and will be) worse.

I guess I have a bleaker view of things. We still have the illusion of a free market held up mostly by denial, but as you alluded to, it's only matter of time before that too shatters.

Right. So, if we're calling weed a narcotic, then so is a 30 pack of Genny Light.

Agree... Fair enough...

Now, then it comes down to what is legal and what is illegal. I suppose if this was 1925 and you were caught heading to the beach with a ten 30 packs (you know for a wild time with 100 of your best friends... <_<:( ) under today's "creative" drug laws, one would be in some deep doo doo... Let alone saying good bye to your vehicle (in this case most likely a pickup truck)...

:rolleyes::thumbsup:

And when I visted SF a few years back, my cabbie was smoking a jay...

:rolleyes::thumbsup:

or at least... dont kill my dog!!

Are Black Labs usually aggressive?

To answer you question, any dog can be aggressive. Heaven forbid if anyone tried to come in my house with only my wife and dog (may she rest in peace). What kind of dog? Lab. When we moved to OH I told the neighbor kids and parents that I did not mind them saying hello and petting Tex, as long as they asked permission. She could be asleep or eating or get startled and react negatively.

Marijuana is illegal for one reason. It was the only competition to the cotton industry at the turn of the 20th century. So it is kinda like McDonalds lobbying to make Burger King illegal. It should be reversed. The Govt' could oversee the production and distribution and sell it with the famed "luxury tax" and probably settle the national debt. I think this country needs to get high. :rolleyes::thumbsup: Clear our collective heads.

Our founding fathers smoked up! <_< "Smoked a rope" that is... Just look at some depictions of Mark Twain's Tom Sawyer...

I remember surveying some of the levees in western Illinois... The wild hemp still very much grows.

To answer you question, any dog can be aggressive. Heaven forbid if anyone tried to come in my house with only my wife and dog (may she rest in peace). What kind of dog? Lab. When we moved to OH I told the neighbor kids and parents that I did not mind them saying hello and petting Tex, as long as they asked permission. She could be asleep or eating or get startled and react negatively.

thanks, but my point is that they are usually very friendly dogs. as it says in the article, the 4 year old female was shot in the back while running away from the SWAT team.

the towns police chief makes a very good point in that second article. they didnt think that the chief could win the mayors confidence and gain access to the house without having to smash this guy's place in?

it looks a lot like a political setup...

As for me, I don't have a problem with legalizing pot. One other poster mentioned that its illegality is because hemp was cheaper than cotton, and the cotton growers wanted a monopoly.

I've heard the same story, except cotton is switched with wood pulp...and a way to process hemp into paper. Thus, William Randolph Hearst, who owned a number of wood pulp processing plants (for his newspapers) would have lost millions had the cheaper hemp processing for paper come online.

Hearst listed incidents in his papers of bad things caused by marijuana, which whipped anti-hemp forces into a frenzy and also lobbied his friends in Congress to make it illegal, which it did. I really believe that this story posesses some merit.

That said, the NORML people and their supporters scare me. I have never smoked marijuana in my 39+ years on this earth, and I never will either. I really don't care if you smoke dope, but there's a reason it's called that. :unsure:

That said, the NORML people and their supporters scare me. I have never smoked marijuana in my 39+ years on this earth, and I never will either. I really don't care if you smoke dope, but there's a reason it's called that. :lol:

You haven't lived until you experience a night with Mary Jane :unsure: FWIW, I experimented with a bunch of the fun drugs (mostly the hallucinogenics) , but weed is not anywhere near as bad as meth, crack, X, heroin, as far as short term and long-term effects. Hell, if you ever smoked a cigar, marijuana is probably about as harmful, or just a little more.

You haven't lived until you experience a night with Mary Jane :lol: FWIW, I experimented with a bunch of the fun drugs (mostly the hallucinogenics) , but weed is not anywhere near as bad as meth, crack, X, heroin, as far as short term and long-term effects. Hell, if you ever smoked a cigar, marijuana is probably about as harmful, or just a little more.

In the classic words of Dave Chapelle "I don't do drugs...Just weed". :unsure: