I know I'm beating a dead horse; however,

major

With the reinstatement letter being faxed in to the league office, the Packers are about to get desperate and give Favre away. I say: bring the Favre circus to BUFFALO. Let Trent learn for two years from one of the best. We would be a national phenomenon- at least for one year. ESPN would have us front and center all season. Deep down you know he'd win more games for us than Trent or JP will.

SIGN HIM TONIGHT!

Guest dog14787
With the reinstatement letter being faxed in to the league office, the Packers are about to get desperate and give Favre away. I say: bring the Favre circus to BUFFALO. Let Trent learn for two years from one of the best. We would be a national phenomenon- at least for one year. ESPN would have us front and center all season. Deep down you know he'd win more games for us than Trent or JP will.

SIGN HIM TONIGHT!

Favre is a gun slinger like Jim Kelly used to be, as much as I like Favre, his style differs to much from Trent Edwards.

Besides, Trent Edwards is ready to take the next step now and we have a young team that needs to mature together.

forget the favre BS, right here, right now. he's michael jordan going to wizards. except favre was never even close to jordan's league .... jordan 6 rings, favre 1. and we all know what jordan did on the wizards ------> sucked, along with the team. let him go to a big mkt team like the jets and waste their time and money for 2 years. packers know better than anyone that packers improvement last year had nothing to do w/ QB, and everything to do with defense. and they know favres skills are receding faster than ed kilgore's hairline

Favre is a gun slinger like Jim Kelly used to be, as much as I like Favre, his style differs to much from Trent Edwards.

Besides, Trent Edwards is ready to take the next step now and we have a young team that needs to mature together.

Well, none of us has any idea if Trent will "take the next step" or not. I don't think coach Jauron would have the slightest idea what to do with Brett Favre. With a different head coach I'd love to see Favre in a Bills uniform. He would not only make Trent better, he'd make the whole team better. Especially the wide receivers. He had a carousel of receivers throughout his career in Green Bay and put up great numbers consistently whoever they put on the field with him. Trent could still learn a ton from him even with the contrast in styles. Look at the year he had last year. He's got plenty left in the tank and new surroundings would motivate him even more. Whoever signs him will get a lot of benefit IMO.

forget the favre BS, right here, right now. he's michael jordan going to wizards. except favre was never even close to jordan's league .... jordan 6 rings, favre 1. and we all know what jordan did on the wizards ------> sucked, along with the team. let him go to a big mkt team like the jets and waste their time and money for 2 years. packers know better than anyone that packers improvement last year had nothing to do w/ QB, and everything to do with defense. and they know favres skills are receding faster than ed kilgore's hairline

Jordan sucked? In 2 season with the Wizards he averaged over 21PPG. Certainly not the kind of numbers he put up earlier in his career but pretty darned good. The Wizards weren't very good as a team but he certainly made them better. Favre would make many teams better as well IMO.

No matter what the situation, whenever an aging superstar becomes available there are people who drool all over themselves over the idea of signing them to the Bills. Why? So you can hear the ESPN guys fawning over our team for a week or so?

Let me ask you this: If Favre is such a guaranteed ticket to the Super Bowl, why isn't there a bidding war for him? Or are you suggesting that most NFL GM's lack the foresight you possess?

PTR

No matter what the situation, whenever an aging superstar becomes available there are people who droll all over themselves over the idea of signing them to the Bills. Why? So you can hear the ESPN guys fawning over our team for a week or so?

Let me ask you this: If Favre is such a guaranteed ticket to the Super Bowl, why isn't GREENBAY ASKING HIM BACK ???????????????????????????????/

PTR

SIGN HIM TONIGHT!

You need to go and work on Lostman's injured thumb. Santa says "You won't shat right for a week"

SIGN HIM TONIGHT!

:D Not bad. This might make me forget my "Sign Jagr" antics on the Sabres Boards. I say YES!

The NFL in 2008 is all about winning now, and making money while doing it. Favre gives us the best chance to get to a Super Bowl this year and he will generate revenue for our team. My ESPN comment was all about hype. I don't care if ESPN loves us or not. I do care about our team being noticed again on the big stage, which again will bring us revenue and make us relevant. I am a huge supporter of Trent Edwards and JP Losman (a rarity on this board). I hope they take us to a Super Bowl. However, I think Favre gives us the best chance of doing that in 2008. Sad to say, the NFL isn't about grooming young talent for the future. I wish it was like the 80's and early 90's again, with players staying around for the long haul. But it isn't and that is why I want to win now with Favre.

You need to go and work on Lostman's injured thumb. Santa says "You won't shat right for a week"

---------------------------------------------------------------

Cut eight iron to this guys left eye

Freakin Damaso Marte!!!!!

I'M MAD AS HELL & I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!!

We don't need (a) Favre!!!! :D

The NFL in 2008 is all about winning now, and making money while doing it. Favre gives us the best chance to get to a Super Bowl this year and he will generate revenue for our team. My ESPN comment was all about hype. I don't care if ESPN loves us or not. I do care about our team being noticed again on the big stage, which again will bring us revenue and make us relevant. I am a huge supporter of Trent Edwards and JP Losman (a rarity on this board). I hope they take us to a Super Bowl. However, I think Favre gives us the best chance of doing that in 2008. Sad to say, the NFL isn't about grooming young talent for the future. I wish it was like the 80's and early 90's again, with players staying around for the long haul. But it isn't and that is why I want to win now with Favre.

Plus, we'll probably get on the cover box of Madden 2010! And Madden would probably move to Buffalo to be near his boy. Sh*t, I'd bet the NFL would reschedule the Thanksgiving game so we'd be playing. Maybe even Mort would finally forgive us for firing Donahoe.

All solid reasons to sign Favre NOW!!!

no.

SIGN HIM TONIGHT!

Let me ask you this: If Favre is such a guaranteed ticket to the Super Bowl, why isn't there a bidding war for him? Or are you suggesting that most NFL GM's lack the foresight you possess?

PTR

I'll take a stab. With no one knowing for sure if he was going to re-instate himself, why would any team make noise about it and disrupt their camps? If he decided to re-re-retire (again), there'd be a lot of egg on some FO's for inquiring too soon.

With Packer brass flying to Miss. yesterday to talk Favre out of reporting to camp, there'll either be a buyout offer for Brent to consider or set up a trade. Now that he's re-instating himself, the phones will ring and I wouldn't be surprized if the Bills were on one of the lines.

Jordan sucked? In 2 season with the Wizards he averaged over 21PPG. Certainly not the kind of numbers he put up earlier in his career but pretty darned good. The Wizards weren't very good as a team but he certainly made them better. Favre would make many teams better as well IMO.

he padded his #'s by being a ball hog and put up some stats, to the detriment of the team. just like any team would do with favre. be a lot of "Favre throws for 3 TDs and 300 yards, in losing effort" stuff

Guest dog14787

Some of you guys just don't get it do you.

Trent Edwards isn't just going to be good, he's going to be real good. He's going to do something no man has ever done before, bring a championship home to Buffalo. :rolleyes:

We don't need an old living legend brought here, we are about to make some history of our own.

All you non Billievers chew on that awhile. :P

Bold prediction? Not really, I'm surprised more people don't see it coming. Right before our very eyes a team is being built, a team that will allow Ralph Wilson to be remembered for all he has done for Buffalo and his cherished Bills, a Championship team.

I'll take a stab. With no one knowing for sure if he was going to re-instate himself, why would any team make noise about it and disrupt their camps? If he decided to re-re-retire (again), there'd be a lot of egg on some FO's for inquiring too soon.

With Packer brass flying to Miss. yesterday to talk Favre out of reporting to camp, there'll either be a buyout offer for Brent to consider or set up a trade. Now that he's re-instating himself, the phones will ring and I wouldn't be surprized if the Bills were on one of the lines.

Sorry, but the Packers can go ahead and keep Brent Favre.

Some of you guys just don't get it do you.

Trent Edwards isn't just going to be good, he's going to be real good. He's going to do something no man has ever done before, bring a championship home to Buffalo. :rolleyes:

We don't need an old living legend brought here, we are about to make some history of our own.

All you non Billievers chew on that awhile. :P

Bold prediction? Not really, I'm surprised more people don't see it coming. Right before our very eyes a team is being built, a team that will allow Ralph Wilson to be remembered for all he has done for Buffalo and his cherished Bills, a Championship team.

How many teams have done anything after bringing in an aging superstar from another team? The list can't be very long.

PTR