Hardy Struggles?

Rotoworld is saying that reports have James Hardy looking off in camp so far and that he may not be a signifigant player in week one. Anyone who has watched or attended practice care to enlighten me on what they have seen? I am counting on big things from this guys this year.

Rotoworld is saying that reports have James Hardy looking off in camp so far and that he may not be a signifigant player in week one. Anyone who has watched or attended practice care to enlighten me on what they have seen? I am counting on big things from this guys this year.

It probably has something to do with Losman's sore thumb. Was 81 walking funny??

He's a rookie in his first week of NFL contact. Kirwan indicated they're throwing too much at him right now. They should just give him what he can handle at first to at least get him on the field for certain situations. It's probably gonna take a little while for him to adjust, so don't be surprised to see Reed out there week 1.

I was at camp and can honestly say that Hardy impressed the hell out of me. He might not start week one, but I guarantee he sees alot of action especially in the red zone. His height gives him a major advantage over smaller DB's and he was catching everything thrown at him when I was there.

The other thing that impressed me was his physical nature of play. I think he uses his hands pretty effectively to fight off and gain separation. I'm sure he still has alot to learn, as I couldn't decipher whether he ran his routes effectively -- although he seemed fluid in making his cuts. I don't think he is necessarily ready to start -- but I wouldn't consider him lost either. History shows the learning curve is pretty big for WR's -- I don't think Calvin Johnson had a breakout year last year.

Bottom line, I think Hardy plays a big role for the Bills this year -- especially in the red zone where the routes are simplified and he basically just has to go up and get the ball. I wouldn't get too worked up over Rotoworld or Pat Kirwin's comments -- esspecially after the first day in pads. Let's see him when the bullets start to fly in the preseason before making any overly critical comments.

He seems to be catching the passes thrown his way and running good routes, so I really don't understand what Rotoworld is trying to say. :worthy:

I expect less than what Moulds did as a rookie. Hardy is not as good as Moulds was. Also, Moulds came into the league on a good team, this team has been awful

He seems to be catching the passes thrown his way and running good routes, so I really don't understand what Rotoworld is trying to say. :D

I'm skeptical that rotoworld sent anyone to camp. I think this is a friend of a friend of a friend told me... <_<

I expect less than what Moulds did as a rookie. Hardy is not as good as Moulds was. Also, Moulds came into the league on a good team, this team has been awful

I remember the Kick off TD return against the Jests. :D Good stuff!!! Moulds had a semi coming out party (4 or 5 catches) against Indy on Monday night; can't remember exactly what year??

Moulds other than maybe 1 or 2 good seasons is quite possibly the most overrated receiver in NFL history...

I'm skeptical that rotoworld sent anyone to camp. I think this is a friend of a friend of a friend told me... :D

Don't know about RotoWorld, but I know Pat Kirwan was personally on site to observe practice. Now what you may think of his opinion is a whole other matter...

Well i think this Kirwan is cracked! Um i went to camp and Hardy impressed the F**K out of me, his hands were very impressive as he caught everything thrown his way but his routes were a little off but still he is a ROOKIE but i expect HUGE things out of Hardy this season and you know why because he seems like a very self driven person striving for the best!

I was at camp and can honestly say that Hardy impressed the hell out of me. He might not start week one, but I guarantee he sees alot of action especially in the red zone. His height gives him a major advantage over smaller DB's and he was catching everything thrown at him when I was there.

The other thing that impressed me was his physical nature of play. I think he uses his hands pretty effectively to fight off and gain separation. I'm sure he still has alot to learn, as I couldn't decipher whether he ran his routes effectively -- although he seemed fluid in making his cuts. I don't think he is necessarily ready to start -- but I wouldn't consider him lost either. History shows the learning curve is pretty big for WR's -- I don't think Calvin Johnson had a breakout year last year.

Bottom line, I think Hardy plays a big role for the Bills this year -- especially in the red zone where the routes are simplified and he basically just has to go up and get the ball. I wouldn't get too worked up over Rotoworld or Pat Kirwin's comments -- esspecially after the first day in pads. Let's see him when the bullets start to fly in the preseason before making any overly critical comments.

Well now...Why would anyone want to believe an eye witness account as opposed to RotoWorld taking an easy shot at a Rookie WR in His 1st Week of Camp... <_<

I mean...Who's going to question anyone saying a Rookie WR is struggling early on right?...

I have a LOT of faith in Hardy and His ability...More so than many around here even...And I realize I could be wrong...But I saw that Kid snatch Balls out of the air 2 Years ago and ever since all I could think about was seeing Him in Red, White, and Blue...There are some Players who just seem to have "it." And I've felt for a while Hardy was just one of those Players...

We'll see in time... :D

Well i think this Kirwan is cracked! Um i went to camp and Hardy impressed the F**K out of me, his hands were very impressive as he caught everything thrown his way but his routes were a little off but still he is a ROOKIE but i expect HUGE things out of Hardy this season and you know why because he seems like a very self driven person striving for the best!

There is more to Receiving then running routes and catching footballs. There is the running game to consider which is half of the offense. To be a solid #2 guy Hardy needs to understand the running game and how WR's fit into it.

I dont' think you listened to what Kirwan said. He didnt' say Hardy was dropping passes or running poor routes. He also didn't say he would suck in the red zone. he said the opposite. He said that Hardy is struggling with everything else. He asked Lee Evans about it and Lee agreed but they both said Hardy would learn it since there is alot of training camp.

Kirwan saw the Bills early in camp. I doubt he would say the same thing in middle August.