Hardy Struggles?

I agree. Then other people chime in, even when they have nothing to add. Pretty soon a whole lotta nothin' is being said.

If Scott could get paid by the post, he'd be in the same tax bracket as Gates/Buffett....

I think what Kirwan was trying to say, and what Donte Whitner corrected him on if you listened to that interview, is that Hardy looks rough around the edges and that fans shouldn't expect too much from him in the beginning of the year. Which makes sense to a certain degree. However, it's a little early to start saying exactly what will happen after only a few practices, he may have all of this fixed by the first pre-season game. Who knows? I also think Kirwin over-emphasized the mistakes Hardy was making because they were so blatantly obvious. He failed to contrast those mistakes with what was also obvious: James Hardy has a skill set that can dominate at this level and was 50-70% of the way there on the plays where he screwed up. He was thinking, just not quite correctly.

I was at practice Friday and Monday. Hardy made some clear mistakes on the field, and yes the coaches were on him. However, it was also clear that the lightbulb was on in Hardy's brain the whole time as well. It was clear that he was thinking and trying to be in the right spot. More often than not he was in the right spot/ran the right rout. Where most of the trouble came was when they started doing motion/shifts.

You could tell by his body language that he was thinking through/then doing each step in the process one by one. Obviously he needs to be thinking/doing that in a fluid manner for the timing to happen correctly. The other thing was that he missed a block. Again, he knew where to be and he was there, he just messed the technique part up = he should have been on the guy's inside shoulder not his outside-->from what I could tell.

And that's the best example: if there are 10 things Hardy has to do to be right on a play, even when he's wrong and it's all screwed up, he still does at least 6 of those ten things right. That's why when he screws up, it's so blatantly obvious. We see what is supposed to happen because of the things he does right, and we start to expect something, and then it doesn't happen in time, or he goes left when he should have gone right, it becomes obvious to everybody what he did wrong. So obvious, in fact that even my aunts/cousins could see what he should have done, and they know little about how the game actually works. These little mistakes are much larger in their effect than they are difficult to correct.

I wouldn't worry about him. All of these things are correctable and it seems clear he has the general plan/plays down fine, he needs work on the details and that stuff will come in time. He can do the job, he just has to get the reps and iron out the kinks, and not let the tough coaching effect his confidence. It's simple to shut a coach up, do what he's complaining about better each time.

Guest dog14787
I agree. Then other people chime in, even when they have nothing to add. Pretty soon a whole lotta nothin' is being said.

ya, just a whole lotta nothing, so I'm not saying nothing, thats right, you heard me :devil: