Instead of complaining.......

Adam

In the near future, most of the team core will be developing and improving. Instead of whining and complaining about the mistakes, which inevitably will lead to losses, why not enjoy this stage of development.

Watch Edwards, Lynch, Peters, Pozluzny, Evans and Hardy grow as players. Each step they take will bring us closer to the playoffs and eventually back to the superbowl. We should be on the edge of our seat right now every time the ball is in the air either on offense or defense and everytime Lynch breaks a tackle.

In maybe 5-8 years, when the players are fully developed, we will start to take games that we should win for granted again, and only be excited for the big games.

THis is the best stage of player develipment, IMHO. And I think we have a coach that is very suited for this stage as well.

In the near future, most of the team core will be developing and improving. Instead of whining and complaining about the mistakes, which inevitably will lead to losses, why not enjoy this stage of development.

Watch Edwards, Lynch, Peters, Pozluzny, Evans and Hardy grow as players. Each step they take will bring us closer to the playoffs and eventually back to the superbowl. We should be on the edge of our seat right now every time the ball is in the air either on offense or defense and everytime Lynch breaks a tackle.

In maybe 5-8 years, when the players are fully developed, we will start to take games that we should win for granted again, and only be excited for the big games.

THis is the best stage of player develipment, IMHO. And I think we have a coach that is very suited for this stage as well.

I am on the edge of my seat but I think it is time to expect results now. It's Dickie J's 3rd season and he has got to produce. If this team stays healthy, I think a playoff appearance is a reasonable expectation.

I think that you are off base with the 5-8 year plan. After all, the average NFL career only lasts 2-4 years. Not to mention free agency. Overall, this team may be a little young, but the time to expect good things is now.

I am on the edge of my seat but I think it is time to expect results now. It's Dickie J's 3rd season and he has got to produce. If this team stays healthy, I think a playoff appearance is a reasonable expectation.

I think that you are off base with the 5-8 year plan. After all, the average NFL career only lasts 2-4 years. Not to mention free agency. Overall, this team may be a little young, but the time to expect good things is now.

I agree with both of you. It is fun to watch player development but there should be enough players that have developed sufficiently to move the Bills into the playoffs this year and anything less is a major disappointment for this team. If the team makes the playoffs this year then the continued development should only bode well for the future of this team. :cry:

We're still missing a couple of pieces for a Super Bowl run, but we do have some good young players. Sit back and think about how many really good and great players we had on our teams that went to the Super Bowl. Think about how many HOF's were on those teams. I'm pretty sure that our whole starting line-up made the Pro Bowl at some point through that run. Those were really good football teams. These guys can be great, but it depends on how and IF they even develope into the players we, and the organization, feel they can become. Football is a fickle sport based mostly on the Janet Jackson song "What Have You Done For Me Lately", oooooo-oooo-ooooo-yeah. If Jauron doesn't have this team take a step forward this year, prepare the chopping block outside OBD because his head will roll. That also could hinder the developement of our young players, the switching from system to system. Stability is the key and I just hope that we've found that stability in the staff we have now. :cry:

As far as the complaining goes? Get used to it my friend. It seems to be the only thing some of these people do on here at times.

in 8 years, all of those players will be out of the league or on their last legs.

The window is a might bit smaller than that.

But I guess that's what you need under the 25 year plan.

We're still missing a couple of pieces for a Super Bowl run, ...

As far as the complaining goes? Get used to it my friend. It seems to be the only thing some of these people do on here at times.

Yeah, just a few. LOL

As far as the complaining goes, I think the fans that want to complain have a full right to. This is a product my friend and 31 other companies manufacture them. Our product was among the worst of them last season.

In mine and many other peoples' minds, we don't understand the acceptance of such lousy football by people, presumably such as yourself. I mean where are your personal standards as a fan? If all you want is a "pro team" and don't care what it does, then why even bother posting. Otherwise those of us that expect more wonder why your and others' standards are so low.

I.e., you should be complaining with the pattern of Bills football that has emerged this decade.

Yeah, just a few. LOL

As far as the complaining goes, I think the fans that want to complain have a full right to. This is a product my friend and 31 other companies manufacture them. Our product was among the worst of them last season.

In mine and many other peoples' minds, we don't understand the acceptance of such lousy football by people, presumably such as yourself. I mean where are your personal standards as a fan? If all you want is a "pro team" and don't care what it does, then why even bother posting. Otherwise those of us that expect more wonder why your and others' standards are so low.

I.e., you should be complaining with the pattern of Bills football that has emerged this decade.

7-9 and missed playoffs by 2 games. I recall many teams far below the Bills last season.

7-9 and missed playoffs by 2 games. I recall many teams far below the Bills last season.

Last year, the Bills produced some of the least entertaining games I have ever seen.

The Pittsburgh game was extremely frustrating.

Last year, the Bills produced some of the least entertaining games I have ever seen.

The Pittsburgh game was extremely frustrating.

I agree but that was not his post. He said it was one of the worst products. That is just not true.

From Lou Saban to Wade I was a fan ie Fanatic- now I'm middle aged and have a lot of constraints on my time and money - I could say I left being a fan but really football and sports in general left me- the owners and players have made it abundantly clear that it's just a business and the business is entertainment - So sure I cheer for the Bills to do well for old times sake and for what that does for the community - but if management does cheap or stupid things and the product is bad I'll find other options to spend my time and money.

Yeah, just a few. LOL

Are you questioning my "Fanhood"?....... ;) ........ Why I oughta :cry: go ninja warrior on you.

Please, let's not be fooled by last year's 7-9. The Bills beat only doormats and missed the playoffs by 3 games. 10-6 Cleveland did not make the post-season on a tie-breaker. However, the team looks to have a nice group of young players that should lead to improvement.

In terms of record + strength of schedule there were 10 teams who did worse, 21 who did better. And statistically, they had the worst combination of offense and defense in football. Their record was padded by four wins versus two very bad teams in their own division. In terms of performance, they were bad product.

The 7-9 record is somewhat deceiving, because an ultra-conservative style of football allows bad teams to stay in games with average to good teams. The Bills of 2006 and especially 2007 have taken the air out of the ball to keep the score close and hoped for a turnover or mistake by the more aggressive team......that's how the Bills have been able to string a few wins together in the middle of each of the last two seasons. However, against very good teams, that get absolutely TORCHED because those teams don't beat themselves. Look at the Pats, the Bears a couple years ago, the Steelers last year.....mind numbing blowouts where the team didn't even appear to be trying. And down the stretch, teams that they might have beaten in mid-season have been more focused and their proficiency has won out over the Bills lack of offensive or defensive pop. Truth is, the Bills have not been a good football team in Jauron's first two seasons.

I don't believe they were even close to a playoff WORTHY team in the past two years, but they are poised to make real strides this season. I am psyched about Edwards offseason work, he's addressed the concerns I've had about his game. That is far and away the key. And the playmakers on this team should be ready and motivated to reach All-Pro type status, and the rookies appear to be poised to contribute. I'm praying that Schouman turns into another Chris Cooley, because the lack of a quality TE is a major weakness for this offense and will allow defenses to ignore the middle of the field in the passing game. But I am expecting this team to actually be able to take chances, like throwing on first down, and play toe-to-toe football with other decent teams and not be the dregs of the league on offense and defense. Whether Jauron can coach a team to victory that doesn't play "not to lose" is another matter.

In 5 years, it would be amazing if even 1/4 of those players was still in Buffalo.

The misconception that the window of opportunity is 5-8 years is part of what fuels the acceptance of losing. You just don't have that kind of time to get the program rolling and make a playoff run or two before becoming a Super Bowl contender. In the 8 years since the Bills last made the playoffs, teams like the Titans or even the Jets have been a playoff team, rebuilt, been back to the playoffs and rebuilt again. It really shouldn't take 5 years for a good organization to go from bad to good.

The misconception that the window of opportunity is 5-8 years is part of what fuels the acceptance of losing. You just don't have that kind of time to get the program rolling and make a playoff run or two before becoming a Super Bowl contender. In the 8 years since the Bills last made the playoffs, teams like the Titans or even the Jets have been a playoff team, rebuilt, been back to the playoffs and rebuilt again. It really shouldn't take 5 years for a good organization to go from bad to good.

It doesn't take a good organization that long. It does take an organization that marches to a slogan du jour (winning "cash-to-cap" over games) and repeatedly makes the same mind numbing missteps a long time to trip and accidentally fall in the honey pot.

Watch Edwards, Lynch, Peters, Pozluzny, Evans and Hardy grow as players. Each step they take will bring us closer to the playoffs and eventually back to the superbowl.

How do you know? Wasn't the same thing said about Losman, McGahee, Youboty, Josh Reed, Roscoe Parrish, Mike Williams, Ryan Denney, Chris Kelsay, and Tim Anderson too. Most of those guys either suck or aren't even on the team anymore. Evans has one foot out the door in spite of what you're hearing. Edwards, I honestly don't know why so many of you are expecting much. There's absolutely nothing on record to suggest that he can even pitch a good game against an average defense. And no, his game against the Giants wasn't good, it sucked too.

Pure speculation.

And I think we have a coach that is very suited for this stage as well.

Yeah, well if we all had a nickel for each time someone here "thought" or "hoped" for something great and insisted that it was coming, we could all happily retire at whatever age we are.

Instead of complaining.......

Instead of blessing everything that this team does as if when Wilson, Brandon, or Jauron go into the men's room to take a weewee they're pissing liquid gold, how about all Bills fans in unison following the season if it's a losing one and telling the entire coaching staff, personnel staff, and front office to get lost?

Every year it's the same thing. "Hope" this, or "if" that, or "I think" this, or "maybe" this.

When do we as Bills fans get a team worth being proud of or when do we get our day in court as to why we aren't?

Every year it's the same thing. "Hope" this, or "if" that, or "I think" this, or "maybe" this.

When do we as Bills fans get a team worth being proud of or when do we get our day in court as to why we aren't?

I hear you- the thing I hate is that when we fired Wade, we started over. When we traded for Bledsoe, we started over. When we fired Williams, we started over. When we scrapped Bledsoe, we started over. When we fired Mularkey, we started over. When we scrapped JP, we started over.

Can we ever stop hoping and just stick with something? The Bills seem to have an attention span of about five minutes.

Fandom is broken down to Biblical associations, IMO. The good word says we all have Faith, Hope, and Love with love being the greatest of these! First off, as a Bills fan, I have a passion for this team (we all do!) and esentially I have hope (especially now) and a faith that the decisions by the front office have been sound, in a football sense. One can choose to complain and find fault, however, I've noticed that no one here has the last word on personnel, trades, draft picks etc., so relax and enjoy as the initial thrust of this post suggests, you'll enjoy the ride MUCH MORE! By the way, I am NOT myopic, and realize that the bad decisions and play of the past are obvious sign posts along the way. Last year, offensively, was "paint drying" obnoxious!!!

I hear you- the thing I hate is that when we fired Wade, we started over. When we traded for Bledsoe, we started over. When we fired Williams, we started over. When we scrapped Bledsoe, we started over. When we fired Mularkey, we started over. When we scrapped JP, we started over.

Can we ever stop hoping and just stick with something? The Bills seem to have an attention span of about five minutes.

The new/ potential future fans might as well. My soon to be 19-year old brother is a die-hard Bills fan, just like me, but can barely remember when the Bills last made the playoffs, let alone were a legitimate SB team. He won't ever defect, but he's admitted he follows Arsenal FC more because he's all but given up on the Bills ever being a championship team. Blah blah, my point is younger and potential fans, fans we need for the future of the franchise, don't think of the Bills as a one-time AFC force- we are perennial loser, the new Cubs, with Toronto breathing down our necks. We need to qualify for the playoffs soon or I fear we will lose many fans because of ineptness. This is somewhat Chicken-Little-ing, I realize, but I think the point has merit.

What I appreciate the MOST from a post like yours is that you state fact and opinion but your fandom is still very clear when you look to the future. You see the good and focus on that instead of whining (or complaining) about everything. I look forward to tipping a cold one or three with you on opening day. ;)

In terms of record + strength of schedule there were 10 teams who did worse, 21 who did better. And statistically, they had the worst combination of offense and defense in football. Their record was padded by four wins versus two very bad teams in their own division. In terms of performance, they were bad product.

The 7-9 record is somewhat deceiving, because an ultra-conservative style of football allows bad teams to stay in games with average to good teams. The Bills of 2006 and especially 2007 have taken the air out of the ball to keep the score close and hoped for a turnover or mistake by the more aggressive team......that's how the Bills have been able to string a few wins together in the middle of each of the last two seasons. However, against very good teams, that get absolutely TORCHED because those teams don't beat themselves. Look at the Pats, the Bears a couple years ago, the Steelers last year.....mind numbing blowouts where the team didn't even appear to be trying. And down the stretch, teams that they might have beaten in mid-season have been more focused and their proficiency has won out over the Bills lack of offensive or defensive pop. Truth is, the Bills have not been a good football team in Jauron's first two seasons.

I don't believe they were even close to a playoff WORTHY team in the past two years, but they are poised to make real strides this season. I am psyched about Edwards offseason work, he's addressed the concerns I've had about his game. That is far and away the key. And the playmakers on this team should be ready and motivated to reach All-Pro type status, and the rookies appear to be poised to contribute. I'm praying that Schouman turns into another Chris Cooley, because the lack of a quality TE is a major weakness for this offense and will allow defenses to ignore the middle of the field in the passing game. But I am expecting this team to actually be able to take chances, like throwing on first down, and play toe-to-toe football with other decent teams and not be the dregs of the league on offense and defense. Whether Jauron can coach a team to victory that doesn't play "not to lose" is another matter.

How do you know? Wasn't the same thing said about Losmanyes by Donahoe, McGaheeyes by Donahoe, Youbotyno by anybody, Josh Reedyes by Donahoe, Roscoe Parrishyes by Donahoe, Mike Williamsyes by Donahoe, Ryan Denneyyes by Donahoe, Chris Kelsayyes by Donahoe, but he played well last year in spots, and Tim Andersonyes by Donahoe too.

You are acting like Donahoe is still in charge. He's obviously not. Since the change was made to Marv we have gotten: Poz, Stroud, Edwards, Hardy, Lynch, a much better secondary and O line, and gotten rid of over-paid, under-performing people. There are few players left from the losing teams of the past. This is the first year that the team is 90% Marv players. So let's not act like apples = dump trucks, please.

Most of those guys either suck or aren't even on the team anymore.

Just like the guy who drafted all of them, Donahoe, who sucked and isn't part of the team anymore.

Evans has one foot out the door in spite of what you're hearing.

And you know this how? There is no evidence anywhere that backs that statement up. It's ok to have an opinion, but it's also ok for me to call BS when your opinion isn't backed up by a single fact.

Edwards, I honestly don't know why so many of you are expecting much.

Get your ass to camp like I did last Friday, or am going to do today(Monday) and then come back and tell me you don't see why we are expecting so much. When the man comes out and goes 8/9 to Lee Evans for 80-100 yds over 2 sets of reps, I think it's safe to say we can expect a lot from him during the season. Again, back up what you are saying with something, anything, or else keep your crying to a minimum please.

There's absolutely nothing on record to suggest that he can even pitch a good game against an average defense.

And there's nothing on record that says he can't either. But, of course, we can't prove a negative now can we? So no matter what, you can say that because no one can prove that he can't. Great <_< But saying this without even watching a single pre-season game is lame.

And no, his game against the Giants wasn't good, it sucked too. Pure speculation.

Right and everything you have posted here isn't pure speculation. ;) Buddy, you have to do a lot better than this on this board. Like I said, get your ass to camp/watch a game this year, and then start making definitive statements about who can do what.

Yeah, well if we all had a nickel for each time someone here "thought" or "hoped" for something great and insisted that it was coming, we could all happily retire at whatever age we are.

And if we had a nickel for every time Donahoe did something stupid we'd have the same. No matter how hard you try, you can't treat the last 3 drafts/FA moves the same as the ones during the Donahoe debacle, so deal with it. 2 different organizations and two different coaching staffs. You have to get to 0 before you can start getting to 10 and Donahoe left this team at -20.

Paint with the broad brush if you want, but don't expect me to accept your non-factual opinion when I see the exact opposite with my own two eyes.

You are acting like Donahoe is still in charge. He's obviously not. Since the change was made to Marv we have gotten: Poz, Stroud, Edwards, Hardy, Lynch, a much better secondary and O line, and gotten rid of over-paid, under-performing people. There are few players left from the losing teams of the past. This is the first year that the team is 90% Marv players. So let's not act like apples = dump trucks, please.

Just like the guy who drafted all of them, Donahoe, who sucked and isn't part of the team anymore.

And you know this how? There is no evidence anywhere that backs that statement up. It's ok to have an opinion, but it's also ok for me to call BS when your opinion isn't backed up by a single fact.

Get your ass to camp like I did last Friday, or am going to do today(Monday) and then come back and tell me you don't see why we are expecting so much. When the man comes out and goes 8/9 to Lee Evans for 80-100 yds over 2 sets of reps, I think it's safe to say we can expect a lot from him during the season. Again, back up what you are saying with something, anything, or else keep your crying to a minimum please.

And there's nothing on record that says he can't either. But, of course, we can't prove a negative now can we? So no matter what, you can say that because no one can prove that he can't. Great <_< But saying this without even watching a single pre-season game is lame.

Right and everything you have posted here isn't pure speculation. ;) Buddy, you have to do a lot better than this on this board. Like I said, get your ass to camp/watch a game this year, and then start making definitive statements about who can do what.

And if we had a nickel for every time Donahoe did something stupid we'd have the same. No matter how hard you try, you can't treat the last 3 drafts/FA moves the same as the ones during the Donahoe debacle, so deal with it. 2 different organizations and two different coaching staffs. You have to get to 0 before you can start getting to 10 and Donahoe left this team at -20.

Paint with the broad brush if you want, but don't expect me to accept your non-factual opinion when I see the exact opposite with my own two eyes.

Just wondering... you aren't a Donahoe fan are you? :unsure:

I can't remember the last time I've read a semi-optimistic post from Adam, very refreshing and I agree. If the Bills can keep this core together for 5+ years, we could be in for some really good football and excitement! Heck, get Evans signed to an extension and JP re-negotiated and maybe even obie_wan will be posting optimistically. GO BILLS!!!!