Most Irreplaceable Player on the Buffalo Bills

I have given this a lot of thought, and at this moment I believe Lee Evans is the most irreplaceable player on this team. If there was one person that we could not lose right now for an entire season, is Evans.

Now, I am big on strong offensive line play. I don't even necessarily believe we have to re-sign Evans in the offseason. But in terms of what we're going to do this season, I think it would absolutely crush us to lose him.

If Kirk Chambers had to replace Jason Peters, that would be terrible. However, I feel like even a below average left tackle to replace him would allow us to occasionally do something.

If Lee Evans went down, we would be stuck with a guy that can't get off the line of scrimmage (Parrish), a mediocre possession receiver (Reed), and a rookie wide receiver (Hardy). Our offense would not be able to run the ball with defenses constantly putting 8 men in the box, and our passing game would be even less effective than last year.

I don't expect Evans to put up big numbers this year. Maybe only 70 catches. But his threat - I believe - is the most important part of this team right now. Next year I might say Peters after a year of seasoning for Hardy. But not right now.

I have given this a lot of thought, and at this moment I believe Lee Evans is the most irreplaceable player on this team. If there was one person that we could not lose right now for an entire season, is Evans.

Now, I am big on strong offensive line play. I don't even necessarily believe we have to re-sign Evans in the offseason. But in terms of what we're going to do this season, I think it would absolutely crush us to lose him.

If Kirk Chambers had to replace Jason Peters, that would be terrible. However, I feel like even a below average left tackle to replace him would allow us to occasionally do something.

If Lee Evans went down, we would be stuck with a guy that can't get off the line of scrimmage (Parrish), a mediocre possession receiver (Reed), and a rookie wide receiver (Hardy). Our offense would not be able to run the ball with defenses constantly putting 8 men in the box, and our passing game would be even less effective than last year.

I don't expect Evans to put up big numbers this year. Maybe only 70 catches. But his threat - I believe - is the most important part of this team right now. Next year I might say Peters after a year of seasoning for Hardy. But not right now.

The whitest one. Everyone with half a brain knows that.

GO BILLS!!!

I agree- Evans

Lindell, followed by Moorman and the long snapper. If you can't kick effectively, you are 53 pieces of toast residing on the same plate that holds the other non-playoff clubs.

switch moorman and lindell and you are right

It's gotta be Jason Peters, it only took us 15 years to find a stud LT now we better not screw up and lose him.

What a laugh we are atleast three years away from losing this guy, he has three years left on his contract to play hardball, he was an undrafted free agent what 3-4 years ago now he makes like 4 million a year, i am sorry i don't feel sorry for the guy!

Guest dog14787

;) Trent Edwards

Lee Evans comes in a close second, Marshawn 3rd.

Top player on D would have to be Terrence Mcgee, especially when you factor in his special teams skills.

Moorman deserves honorable mention :ph34r:

Definitely Peters. He' so good we should renegotiate his contract every year to make sure he is the highest paid player in the league every year.

I know Peters is great, but how much difference did he really make last year

for the offense as a whole.

Buffalo was 31'st in the NFL with him. How much worse will they be without him: we may find out. I hope not.

:ph34r:

Given QB's and LT's are the two most valuable positions, it has to be Peters. OTOH RB is one of the most easily replaced yet losing Lynch would be disastrous for our season.

Fred Jackson actually ran better than Lynch last year.

He averaged almost a full yard more and is much more advanced in the passing game than Lynch.

Losing Lynch would hurt but would not be fatal - especially if Trent is able to handle a bigger passing game.

Nothing works without an OL

Lindell, followed by Moorman and the long snapper. If you can't kick effectively, you are 53 pieces of toast residing on the same plate that holds the other non-playoff clubs.

Average kickers are a dime a dozen. It's the ones who don't miss who are really hard to find. I'm definately pretty happy with Lindell, I think he's way underrated outside of Buffalo. That being said, he's replaceable.

I vote for Peters as I think Chambers will get several people killed if he has to play for any length of time. BTW, I thought Lee Evans left the team last year -- had to check the program every once in a while to make sure he was still around.

I know Peters is great, but how much difference did he really make last year

for the offense as a whole.

Buffalo was 31'st in the NFL with him. How much worse will they be without him: we may find out. I hope not.

:cry:

Yes, the offense sucks even with Peters in there. But, can you imagine Edwards getting mowed under every time he goes back to pass? The guy hasn't won any "Mr. Durability" awards in his career.

I vote for Peters as I think Chambers will get several people killed if he has to play for any length of time. BTW, I thought Lee Evans left the team last year -- had to check the program every once in a while to make sure he was still around.

Yes, the offense sucks even with Peters in there. But, can you imagine Edwards getting mowed under every time he goes back to pass? The guy hasn't won any "Mr. Durability" awards in his career.

He'd probably look alot like JP Losman.

Re: Evans: I'm not able to see many of the games, and listen on the internet and also follow on NFL.com. I also recall wondering if Evans was in

the game or not, seemingly going entire quarters without being mentioned many games.

Re: Edwards: There is that. I imagine they'll need to get Chambers some help.

It could be close if somehow Stroud is able to return to his old form. Otherwise, definitely Peters.

I like Stroud a lot in JAX prior to his microfracture surgery, if he returns to Form he will make everyone better on the line especially Schobel and McCargo. Unfortunately, Stroud has looked like a shadow of his former self since the surgery, don't get me wrong I hope the best from him but I'm not expecting anything special. As for Peters, just look what happened to Bills when he got injured against the NYG and everything went to hell.

i disagree about peters.

left tackle (along with CB) is a super expensive slot because it is very hard to find guys who can play it at that level. it doesn't mean that that slot provides the biggest contribution to the team tho. during the offseason, it is all supply and demand. so yes in the offseason it is hardest/most expensive to replace a good LT (or CB). once the season starts tho the worst people to lose are your QB (if your back up is a lesser player of course), your star playmaker on O, and your defensive key players (which usually means a passrusher or your best DT). while these guys are more "replacable" in the offseason because of the extra supply (and mosly in the draft rather than FA) vs LTs (and CBs) they will make a bigger impact on wins and losses in the reg season. you can scheme your D to cover up for coverage, and scheme on O to help a weak spot at tackle. you will give up more sacks, get fewer ints, and all that, but you at least have some control. you lose your play maker or qb, you lose an entire dimension to your O. you lose your top DT (phat pat for us) and you just might never get your run d on point, and if you lose your passrush (remember that playoff game in pitts when bruce was ill? his usualy dominant game might have won us that match) you can't pressure the o and usually one or 2 guys really kick start your pass rush.

so for us, if trent or evans comes on strong they would be the biggest loss (or lych for that matter, but i think evans is more likely to be a top 3 guy this year), failing that it is aaron or stroud.

i'd still be a lot happier if peters was in camp and getting ready to smash heads, but if our d is strong and we get the odd long TD and ST play, we can manage.

The question is whose absence will do the most damage to the team. Consequently we have to measure the quality of the position, the quality of the player in that position, and the quality of the backup. Quarterback is the big position, but there isn't all THAT much difference between Edwards and Losman. Evans? Well we have Hardy and others. Corners seem pretty much in the same realm. Running back would be a big dropoff from Lynch to Jackson but we'd get by. Given our present holdout stance I hate to have to admit it, but without Peters we aren't going anywhere. It is a perfect storm...essential position...pro-bowl caliber player...no viable backup.

The question is whose absence will do the most damage to the team. Consequently we have to measure the quality of the position, the quality of the player in that position, and the quality of the backup. Quarterback is the big position, but there isn't all THAT much difference between Edwards and Losman. Evans? Well we have Hardy and others. Corners seem pretty much in the same realm. Running back would be a big dropoff from Lynch to Jackson but we'd get by. Given our present holdout stance I hate to have to admit it, but without Peters we aren't going anywhere. It is a perfect storm...essential position...pro-bowl caliber player...no viable backup.

Hello Tenny.

Speaking of damage, how's the coming crop shaping up? :lol:

Hello Tenny.

Speaking of damage, how's the coming crop shaping up? :lol:

Crop of what cincy? Kids are fine (daughter finished first year law school son doing well, grandkids are the best in the world...I think every grandfather says that though). Getting ready for a great football season!