Bills re-sign Kyle Williams

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cue the Peters/Evans discussion.

GO BILLS!!!

Peters is signed for 3 more years.

Evens one or two depending on how his out clause works. He also hasn't shown he is even a capable number 1, so proving he is worth the big bucks he wants has got to be real hard on his agent.

Williams, good signing for a good rotational guy.

It is true. It reminds me of the days when we signed guys like Sam Rogers and Jerry Ostroski to long term deals. Kyle Williams is a so-so player, and as such should be the least of their worries.

you have to take care of the smaller guys first.

if you go out right now and throw big money at Evans and Peters first, the smaller guys will want more money because the market will have gone up.

if you go out right now and throw big money at Evans and Peters first, the smaller guys will want more money because the market will have gone up.

I see your point in general, but not at all wrt pro bowl left tackles.

I've seen this happen before. A club signs an All Pro offensive LT for a decent celery and next thing you know the rotational NT assumes he's due for the same lettuce.

Funny, I don't find this (Williams extension) on NFL.com or OBD yet.

I see your point in general, but not at all wrt pro bowl left tackles.

Since they lost Wolford, the Bills have been in denial about the need to acquire and/or pay for an bona fide LT, let alone the elite one they now have.

Now that one fell into their lap, they still are jerking around with fair compensation, even though their only alternatives are the UDFA Chambers and Matt Murphy.

At a minimum, they should move some cash to bonus pending another big year before the big payday.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Home_NFL.aspx

Bills signed DT Kyle Williams to a three-year, $14.5 million extension through 2012, according to NFL Network's Adam Schefter.

$5.7 million is guaranteed. Williams has played strictly nose tackle in coordinator Perry Fewell's Tampa 2 since being drafted in '05, but worked as a three technique during OTAs. We doubt he'll win that job over John McCargo and Spencer Johnson, but should remain a key rotational piece

I like the signing. Keeps a decent young player in the fold, and he's a decent rotational piece on the DL. I also like the fact that the team is continuing to show that they value the lines.

However, we do need to re-sign Evans and Peters. Players like Kyle Williams can be replaced relatively easily if it comes down to it. Players like Evans and Peters are NOT replaceable.

Williams was a late draft pick who has started almost all the games the last 2 years. He deserved a contract extention and raise.

Evans was a very high draft pick and signed a larger contract. Though, I would love to see him extended for the long term.

With Peters probowl vote and increasing nfl respect for him, Im not surprised he wants a raise. Hes also plays one of the more important positions on the team (LT). If he is not extended this season, he will be before next season.

I've seen this happen before. A club signs an All Pro offensive LT for a decent celery and next thing you know the rotational NT assumes he's due for the same lettuce.

Funny, I don't find this (Williams extension) on NFL.com or OBD yet.

lol, you know what i mean, wiseass

I like the signing. Keeps a decent young player in the fold, and he's a decent rotational piece on the DL. I also like the fact that the team is continuing to show that they value the lines.

However, we do need to re-sign Evans and Peters. Players like Kyle Williams can be replaced relatively easily if it comes down to it. Players like Evans and Peters are NOT replaceable.

everyone seems to forget about crowell, but he's a very important (and under-rated) piece who is coming up for FA after this season.......he deserves to get paid and should be taken care of........evans as well, but peters can rot at home during training camp for all i care........he'll be there for game 1 - it's not like he has a choice

everyone seems to forget about crowell, but he's a very important (and under-rated) piece who is coming up for FA after this season.......he deserves to get paid and should be taken care of........evans as well, but peters can rot at home during training camp for all i care........he'll be there for game 1 - it's not like he has a choice

I have a Hunch we're not going to keep Crowell and that we'll be drafting a LB in one of the first 2 rounds next year.