JP -Bills Biggest Bust the last 5 years

This all boils down to retribution. Retribution for Bledsoe's actions and words, and especially for losing to the Steeler's backups the last game of the season. I freely admit as I watched the final seconds of the game, I said "cut his ass tomorrow". I think that's what we all were thinking, and, having dropped the draft picks we had, we expected the FO to know what they were doing, so we wanted JP, the "non-project", immediate starter, to get in the game.

I think many of us thought that no matter what, JP couldn't possibly be as bad as Bledsoe. In hindsight, I suppose we were wrong, in that it probably would have made sense to let JP develop one more year. It's not like our 2005 team was going to be much better anyway, so rationally it probably would have made sense to keep Bledsoe another year.

But, once again, I think this whole thing comes down to the utter weakness of Donahoe as a person. He's supposedly a football guy, and therefore he should know better than us, and better than to listen to us. But, he got rid of Bledsoe in a bid to save his job. He figured that appeasing our call for Bledsoe's head would take the attention away from his utter lack of ability with regard to the draft, or hiring head coaches for that matter, and that the appearance of "doing something" would let him continue his folly.

We'll never know if that extra year would have helped. We'll never know if JP had been given a chance to start a few games in 2005 without the pressure being on him from day 1 to be great would have changed things. We do know that this is what happened to Edwards last year, and I think he's going to be better for it.

I agree that if JP is the biggest bust, we are doing OK. The last three non-Donahoe drafts have helped this along mightily as well.

This is a fantastic post. Well said.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus man, all Ashton has done wrong was grieve over and attend and his mothers funeral. Let's run him out of the league.

That's fine if you want to write off his rookie year, but what was his excuse last year?

Like being terrible at short and intermediate passes?

You do realize, it has been proven statistically, that JP had a better short pass efficiency than Trent?

Keep being a clown though, I expect nothing less from some of you clueless turds. (You, Dev and Albany top that list.)

Sad thing is, I've given up on JP. and agree with many opinions here. Just don't agree with hacks like you, Dev and albany, who continue to prove that some Bills fans know dick.

You do realize, it has been proven statistically, that JP had a better short pass efficiency than Trent?

Keep being a clown though, I expect nothing less from some of you clueless turds. (You, Dev and Albany top that list.)

Sad thing is, I've given up on JP. and agree with many opinions here. Just don't agree with hacks like you, Dev and albany, who continue to prove that some Bills fans know dick.

You watch those games and tell me that JP is better at the short passes. Not to make excuses but trent has one, with such a small number of games, The two awful weather games he played in,( Cleveland, And New York) the fact that he couldnt complete passes in these games most likely skewed his averages, this is one of those things that makes stats like that misleading. Just from being someone who watched all the games that both QB has started in the past 3 years, I will tell you Trent is much better at hitting recievers in stride on short passes, and jp while he does complete some, makes them hard to catch for the reciever, where they are diving to catch them, and bail him out.

You watch those games and tell me that JP is better at the short passes. Not to make excuses but trent has one, with such a small number of games, The two awful weather games he played in,( Cleveland, And New York) the fact that he couldnt complete passes in these games most likely skewed his averages, this is one of those things that makes stats like that misleading. Just from being someone who watched all the games that both QB has started in the past 3 years, I will tell you Trent is much better at hitting recievers in stride on short passes, and jp while he does complete some, makes them hard to catch for the reciever, where they are diving to catch them, and bail him out.

No doubt, Trent is a better fit for the Dick Jauron "let's keep it short and not take too much risk because football is a risky game and you really don't need a good QB to win you just need a guy to manage the game and keep it close and keep your fingers crossed that you can win it at the end when the other team makes a mistake and oh by the way don't challenge what the offensivce coaches are trying to do even if the coaches have no track record of offensive success because we don't like players that ruffle the coaches feathers and prefer QBs that don't show emotion and furthermore the QB should just stay in the pocket because scrambling for a first down is also risky and even though we have a RB that can catch the ball well we really don't want to throw to him too much because we have to save him to run with the ball and tight ends are there to block which doesn't mean we should throw the ball deep very often either" offense.

No doubt, Trent is a better fit for the Dick Jauron "let's keep it short and not take too much risk because football is a risky game and you really don't need a good QB to win you just need a guy to manage the game and keep it close and keep your fingers crossed that you can win it at the end when the other team makes a mistake and oh by the way don't challenge what the offensivce coaches are trying to do even if the coaches have no track record of offensive success because we don't like players that ruffle the coaches feathers and prefer QBs that don't show emotion and furthermore the QB should just stay in the pocket because scrambling for a first down is also risky and even though we have a RB that can catch the ball well we really don't want to throw to him too much because we have to save him to run with the ball and tight ends are there to block which doesn't mean we should throw the ball deep very often either" offense.

I would gaurentee the offense is opened up next year, and he starts making some nice deep throws, he tried some deep balls last year, this year he will throw more as he gets used to game speed. Im excited to see what difference if any turk makes in his development, and how much more exciting our offense can be, since there is almost no where to go but up

I would gaurentee the offense is opened up next year, and he starts making some nice deep throws, he tried some deep balls last year, this year he will throw more as he gets used to game speed. Im excited to see what difference if any turk makes in his development, and how much more exciting our offense can be, since there is almost no where to go but up

I agree the only way to go is up. Your guarantee assumes that Jauron after 10 years or so of head coaching changes his philosophy and that the rookie OC that he hired can prepare and execute game plans that get the most out of the talent the Bills have. I don't see either of these as likely for this year. Turk will begin on the job training this fall and I don't see Dick changing who he is when it comes to his offensive approach.

I'm sorry, but how is this the same angle? He's been an up close observer of the man throughout his entire career as a head coach and he does not believe that he will ever win a playoff game in that capacity. You believe there's no reason to change the head coach (I'm assuming you were both going on the scenario that the Bills have yet another losing season this year). Those are opposing positions.

Let me just say that continuity can be a very bad thing, if in fact that continuity equates to a three year and counting losing team that is flatlining. At some point there is someone to blame, the coach or the players. I'm sure you know where I would be putting the blame at the end of the year.

OK. It is not from the same angle. "1billsfan" and "keepthefaith" - you both make very valid points.

I am however going on the assumption that the Bills will have a winning year and make the playoffs. If not, get out the scissors.

Yes, continuity is bad if it results in perennial suckiness.

I am just tired of the revolving door in management. :lol:

I agree the only way to go is up. Your guarantee assumes that Jauron after 10 years or so of head coaching changes his philosophy and that the rookie OC that he hired can prepare and execute game plans that get the most out of the talent the Bills have. I don't see either of these as likely for this year. Turk will begin on the job training this fall and I don't see Dick changing who he is when it comes to his offensive approach.

I just think a lot of the game plan last year had to do with Trent being a rookie, maybe they will open it up a little now that he has some experiance

OK. It is not from the same angle. "1billsfan" and "keepthefaith" - you both make very valid points.

I am however going on the assumption that the Bills will have a winning year and make the playoffs. If not, get out the scissors.

Yes, continuity is bad if it results in perennial suckiness.

I am just tired of the revolving door in management. :thumbsup:

It just goes to show you how special the late eighties and early nineties were as a Bills fan. None of us could foresee this nearly decade worth of misery we've been witnessing. I guess we both can agree, if Jauron loses again he's got to go. We've waited this long, so if after another losing '08 campaign there's a choice between firing the guy or keeping him on. You reluctantly admit he isn't the man to get the job done, turn the page and move on with at least a sense of renewed hope for the next regime.

It just goes to show you how special the late eighties and early nineties were as a Bills fan. None of us could foresee this nearly decade worth of misery we've been witnessing. I guess we both can agree, if Jauron loses again he's got to go. We've waited this long, so if after another losing '08 campaign there's a choice between firing the guy or turning the page. You reluctantly admit he isn't the man to get the job done, turn the page and move on with at least a sense of renewed hope for the next regime.

I agree to a certain extent. You know it is funny you mention how special the late 80's & 90's were. I remember that Jacksonville playoff game, I think in 96 when Kelly got knocked out(his last game), I was only in college then I remember walking out of the stadium after the game that this was probably going to be Kelly's last game. At the end of that game, it just felt like that the final chapter to the glory days was written that day. Never in my wildest dreams would I imagine that we would have gone thru the next 12 years being so unsuccessfull. I have some clients in Boston & I always tell them when they start gloating that enjoy it now, because it is not going to last forever. I also say do not take brady for granted because as us bill fans know all too well, it is not that easy replacing a franchise qb. It will be intersting to see if fans in Indi & NE are going to be willing to shell out big bucks when Manning & Brady retire. My guess says no.

As far as Jauron goes, I think he needs to win this year. This is his team now, the excuses are over. The thought of starting over with a new regime though right now does not seem too fun so I hope it works out this year.

It just goes to show you how special the late eighties and early nineties were as a Bills fan. None of us could foresee this nearly decade worth of misery we've been witnessing. I guess we both can agree, if Jauron loses again he's got to go. We've waited this long, so if after another losing '08 campaign there's a choice between firing the guy or turning the page. You reluctantly admit he isn't the man to get the job done, turn the page and move on with at least a sense of renewed hope for the next regime.

Well said. The Marv Levy Bills were special.

I agree to a certain extent. You know it is funny you mention how special the late 80's & 90's were. I remember that Jacksonville playoff game, I think in 96 when Kelly got knocked out(his last game), I was only in college then I remember walking out of the stadium after the game that this was probably going to be Kelly's last game. At the end of that game, it just felt like that the final chapter to the glory days was written that day. Never in my wildest dreams would I imagine that we would have gone thru the next 12 years being so unsuccessfull. I have some clients in Boston & I always tell them when they start gloating that enjoy it now, because it is not going to last forever. I also say do not take brady for granted because as us bill fans know all too well, it is not that easy replacing a franchise qb. It will be intersting to see if fans in Indi & NE are going to be willing to shell out big bucks when Manning & Brady retire. My guess says no.

As far as Jauron goes, I think he needs to win this year. This is his team now, the excuses are over. The thought of starting over with a new regime though right now does not seem too fun so I hope it works out this year.

Nice to know we have some common ground Gordio. I think we all felt the party was over that day.

Here's to a happy 4th of July for all Americans and a happy 2008 season for all Buffalo Bills fans. :thumbsup:

Well said. The Marv Levy Bills were special.

I actually had to go back and fix a big blunder..."firing him or turning the page"? WTF????

I'm guessing that subconsciously, I wasn't able to actually write the words "keeping him". :thumbsup:

Jauron needs to heed Al Davis' immortal words, "just win baby". No excuses, just win.

======================

QUOTE (Rico @ Jul 1 2008, 12:02 PM)

Absolute WORST role model for a rookie QB. I believe JP picked up many of Drew's bad habits that first year.

Like being terrible at short and intermediate passes?

======================

Hey dumbass, read the post again. I was comparing J.P. to Bledsoe, and picking up bad habits.

As far as J.P. short game, well, I guess management wasn't too impressed: because he was replaced by a rookie.

1. Get a life.

2. Stop with the name calling.

3. Grow up.

4. And oh yeah: get back on your med's.

:thumbsup:

Yeah, look at how he ruined Tom Brady.

How's about maybe JP Losman has too many of his own bad habits, and stop trying to blame everyone else for his problems?

playing in front of romo really hurt his progress too
No offense to JP, but both Brady and Romo are strong-willed individuals while JP is pretty feeble-minded in comparison. He needed lots of guidance and attention from Day 1, but instead he got to watch Sam Wyche and his magic alarm clock work on Drew. :thumbsup:

It just goes to show you how special the late eighties and early nineties were as a Bills fan. None of us could foresee this nearly decade worth of misery we've been witnessing. I guess we both can agree, if Jauron loses again he's got to go. We've waited this long, so if after another losing '08 campaign there's a choice between firing the guy or keeping him on. You reluctantly admit he isn't the man to get the job done, turn the page and move on with at least a sense of renewed hope for the next regime.

This decade of futility's direct responsibility goes to Wade Phillips. If he had fired his horrible ST coach and not made Bruce Haven a scapegoat for Home Run Forward Pass, , this franchise would never have got to see Tom Donahoe and Greg Williams and Mike Mularky's. May be it even goes one step further to blame WIlson....If Wilson gives a good contract for Butler may be he gives the continuity here....doesn't make a horrible 2000 draft class...

I consider being called a hack by a mindless clown like you a compliment.