JP -Bills Biggest Bust the last 5 years

Personally I think JP might be in the best position, the first one of the Bills QBs to get the opportunity to play for another team.

I'm sure Mark Cuban will pay JP handsomely to start for the Los Angeles Leftovers or the Salt Lake Secondstringers

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

or the Toronto Bills

I doubt the NFL would let Cuban buy the Bills (or any team) and move it to Toronto

That's why he's starting the United Football League. A place where players like JP can finally get the 2nd 3rd 4th chance they so rightly deserve to prove they may one day develop into an NFL starter

I doubt the NFL would let Cuban buy the Bills (or any team) and move it to Toronto

That's why he's starting the United Football League. A place where players like JP can finally get the 2nd 3rd 4th chance they so rightly deserve to prove they may one day develop into an NFL starter

JP will get his chance in the NFL, if not this year when Trent gets injured, then in 09 with a team of his choosing. :pirate:

1st chance - Troy Vincent breaks JP's leg

2nd chance - Malarkey pulled the plug on JP after a couple of games. If you call that a chance then you're a loser.

3rd chance - JP has 11th ranked QB rating

4th chance - Open for debate, neither QB got the ball into the endzone. I think Jauron put himself in a must win situation in '08 after that fubared '07 predicable and audibless offense

I hate to break it to you buddy, but Losman was always going to be a project QB from the day he was drafted until it's been proven he can or can't cut it as a bonafide starter. Jumping the gun on a specific player when it's clear that it has been a franchise-wide decade-long lack of success problem only makes statements like that one look silly. Maybe you don't know much about football, but QB is the most difficult position to master. Sometimes it takes years. Even for some of the all time greats. But keep up with your falsehood-filled rants. It just shows that you're not particularly funny and that you know very little about the game. Nice try though.

I hate to break it to you buddy, but Losman was always going to be a project QB from the day he was drafted until it's been proven he can or can't cut it as a bonafide starter. Jumping the gun on a specific player when it's clear that it has been a franchise-wide decade-long lack of success problem only makes statements like that one look silly. Maybe you don't know much about football, but QB is the most difficult position to master. Sometimes it takes years. Even for some of the all time greats. But keep up with your falsehood-filled rants. It just shows that you're not particularly funny and that you know very little about the game. Nice try though.

Maybe one of these days JP will prove me wrong and I'm sure you'll be right there to gloat

Then again maybe JP will continue to prove me right and you'll still be bitter

In either case i don't see the point in attacking fellow Bills fans who just wants to see our favorite team make the playoffs (whether it's with or without JP)

Maybe one of these days JP will prove me wrong and I'm sure you'll be right there to gloat

Then again maybe JP will continue to prove me right and you'll still be bitter

In either case i don't see the point in attacking fellow Bills fans who just wants to see our favorite team make the playoffs (whether it's with or without JP)

It's the needless putdowns on the guy. They aren't necessary since the man is now the backup QB. For a guy that was labeled as very immature, Losman has been a gem in terms of not making a big giant distraction like all of the other clowns in this league. I'm glad he's still on our team and hope he plays well if he has to step in for Trent.

It's the needless putdowns on the guy. They aren't necessary since the man is now the backup QB. For a guy that was labeled as very immature, Losman has been a gem in terms of not making a big giant distraction like all of the other clowns in this league. I'm glad he's still on our team and hope he plays well if he has to step in for Trent.

Nothing against J.P., but this guy looks like a sack/turnover machine statistically.

Career:

31 TDs

29 INT's

88 Sacks (that's about 10 : 1, attempts/sack. RJ was like 7 : 1) That's pretty bad.

23 Fumbles

If nothing else, as a rookie T.E. at least seemed to protect the ball better.

http://www.nfl.com/players/j.p.losman/profile?id=LOS588329

Nothing against J.P., but this guy looks like a sack/turnover machine statistically.

Career:

31 TDs

29 INT's

88 Sacks (that's about 10 : 1, attempts/sack. RJ was like 7 : 1) That's pretty bad.

23 Fumbles

Those stats could mean the QB's bad or it could mean his team is bad. Check out Steve Youngs stats his first couple years in T.B.,

11 TD's

21 INt

68 sacks 501 attempts

22 fumbles

Those stats could mean the QB's bad or it could mean his team is bad. Check out Steve Youngs stats his first couple years in T.B.,

11 TD's

21 INt

68 sacks 501 attempts

22 fumbles

OUCH! Let's keep J.P. around for a while.

That's the funniest thing I've read on this board in a long time! <_<<_<:lol:

1st chance - Troy Vincent breaks JP's leg- JP only missed half a season in which he was just gonna carry a clipboard and learn in the classroom and running the opposing Os offense in practice. A little hit, if any in his development.

2nd chance - Malarkey pulled the plug on JP after a couple of games. If you call that a chance then you're a loser. - Granted JP shouldn't have started that season, he wasn't ready. And Mularkey had a veteran laden team that thought the idea of starting JP was stupid and unearned. Still, the fact is Holcomb came in, played better, the vets got behind him, and Mularkey went with the hotter hand. Still, JP had a chance to reclaim his starting job when Holcomb went down, but, and this was a portent of things to come, didn't give the coaches ANY reason to keep him in there.

3rd chance - JP has 11th ranked QB rating - Pretty good second half of the season that saw JP regress in the last couple games. Don't let that 11th ranking fool you; it was largely on the strength of only a handful of plays to Evans. D coordinators caught up to that after the Houston game and made it a point not to let Evans beat them deep. Still, JP gave us all hope that he'd turned the corner and we were all excited about last season.

4th chance - Open for debate, neither QB got the ball into the endzone. I think Jauron put himself in a must win situation in '08 after that fubared '07 predicable and audibless offense - JP getting hurt certainly didn't help but the fact remains when he had his chances he, as the incumbent coming off that decent '06 season, just didn't capitalize. Perhaps due to Jauron's impatience, perhaps due to Edwards' ability to do no worse, but mostly due to JP's inability to stake the indisputable claim on the job.

Perhaps Losman was going to be a project from the beginning. But there is no set time table for a project to develop. Especially in today's NFL. Simple fact is JP didn't remove ALL doubt from ANYONE'S mind that he was the answer during whatever time he had to prove himself. It didn't help that Edwards was not notably worse in any phase, save the deep sideline route, and just as good or better in others.

GO BILLS!!!

Eli Manning has always been better than JP. I don't have my head burried in a stat book. I've seen them play numerous times each and there is no comparison. Eli has always been winning games at a much higher rate than 1 of every 3 starts that JP has done. Eli has led his team to the playoffs multiple times, Eli has played hurt after being declared out for a month by most. Eli was doing well in 2006 before he lost his LT & go to receiver (it was Toomer not Plaxico) and the team went downhill in the 2nd half with those & defensive injuries and Eli took the heat. Now I may be one of Eli's biggest defenders on this board for years, but all you people who believe JP was ever better than Eli are not watching them both play-get your heads out of the stat books & actually watch these guys on the field-One is a consistent winner who is light years ahead of the other. In case you're still burried in the stat book, Eli, Super Bowl Champion is the one who is light years ahead of JP-always has been, always will be.

JP is a bust, keep hoping & dreaming and when he wins the Arenaball championship you can say he's turned the corner.

Eli may be a better qb than Jp thats not the point, jp arguably had a better season even though the bills didn't stick with him like the giants stuck with EM (before last year) than manning had ever had, with far fewer weapons in my opinion. Two years ago jp losman i thought might have gotten over the hump that EM appears to have gotten over last year and that is my whole point thats why you never know with young players especially qbs cause they are so damn inconsitent! I know it sounds like jibber jabberish but i hope a few get my point, i think its too early to call the guy a bust. What was Mike williams drafted 6-7 years ago?

Why is it when anybody questions losman, they are automatically idiots? That is one game(NE game), Iam pretty sure if Losman was in there they would of loss too.

The starter thing is not BS. It is what it is. The jets game, Evans made a great play on a ball poorly thrown & into double coverage. Yeah we know, I will save you the time, you watched the tape & Losman did exactly what he was supposed to do, Looked off the safety for one second & threw a hail mary up to Evans.

And the Games that Losman loss ,Edwards would've Loss.You can't tell me anything differant.I don't think our record would've been any differant with either one of our QBs.

And the Games that Losman loss ,Edwards would've Loss.You can't tell me anything differant.I don't think our record would've been any differant with either one of our QBs.

The only reply I can come up with after reading your post is you write similar to the way JP plays QB. :lol:

On another note PFW did a video on their site in line with the article. Their top 5 busts, in order, the past 5 years are 1) Charles Rogers 2)Cedrick Benson 3)Jonathan Sullivan 4) Michael Haynes 5) Pacman Jones.

You guys supporting JP need to stop. You're new to the discussion, or at least your screen name is, and I can make this real easy for you: you obviously can not see what others can see. You can not know what others know. You can not, without any degree of accuracy, understand JP's footwork, body language, or his unbelievable inability to read defenses (I mean, hey...have you ever seen him call an audible? Is he blind, or what?). You can't tell that he's not intelligent. You can't see that he is a bust. You can't see what others so clearly see, so please stop trying to make excuses for Losman.

You don't know.

You don't understand.

Others know.

Others understand.

Leave the heavy lifting to them. Because dey's smartz.

You look at Losman stats,they got better every year he was here except last year, also we had more wins every year he was here.Thats with very little talent around him.Also Fairchild doesn't allow his QBs to audible.I watch the Bengals game and saw the Miami game the following week.They open it up one week and look good than deside to change gameplan the following week.Doesn't make sense.

Career:

31 TDs

29 INT's

23 Fumbles

Trent had 8 INTS vs 7 TD's last year. Doesn't look very good to me.

Youbouty - When drafted there was talk that he could have been a 1st rounder if he had stayed in college for one more year and that he could have been a steal. Instead, now going into his third year, and having plenty of chances to get some playing time with all the injuries at CB, he still couldn't make the starting linup, and the Bills drafted a couple of CB's who are going to be pushing for his job.

Jesus man, all Ashton has done wrong was grieve over and attend and his mothers funeral. Let's run him out of the league.