JP -Bills Biggest Bust the last 5 years

Yet, every period of time that a different QB than Losman (be it Bledsoe, Holcomb or Edwards-the 3 QBs who have started during JP's years here) starts, the BILLS have a better TEAM than the Bills. Just look at the W-L records with the same TEAM.

I have stated this before but I will say it again, in the 3yrs that Losman has started games the bills with losman starting are 10-21 & with any other qb starting(Holcolmb/Edwards) in that same time frame are 9-8. To be fair, you should probably give Losman the KC 3yrs ago so 11-21 to 8-8. Has the situation been ideal? Of course not. Losman needed to overcome it & he simply did not get the job done.

I do not know how anybody could sit their & defend Losman's play since he has been a bill. & comparing him to manning/big ben/rivers is downright laughable. Those guys were head & shoulders above him in College & they are head & shoulders above him in the pros. Ask 32 GMs who they would rather have leading their team, JP or E Manning & I guarantee you will get the same answer 32 times.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have stated this before but I will say it again, in the 3yrs that Losman has started games the bills with losman starting are 10-31 & with any other qb starting(Holcolmb/Edwards) in that same time frame are 9-8. To be fair, you should probably give Losman the KC 3yrs ago so 11-31 to 8-8. Has the situation been ideal? Of course not. Losman needed to overcome it & he simply did not get the job done.

I do not know how anybody could sit their & defend Losman's play since he has been a bill. & comparing him to manning/big ben/rivers is downright laughable. Those guys were head & shoulders above him in College & they are head & shoulders above him in the pros. Ask 32 GMs who they would rather have leading their team, JP or E Manning & I guarantee you will get the same answer 32 times.

So you are saying a win or a loss is ALL on the QB. It doesn't matter how the team played as a whole or what team the Bills were playing against. Now I got it :pirate: I will remember to judge Trent in 08 the same way.

So you are saying a win or a loss is ALL on the QB. It doesn't matter how the team played as a whole or what team the Bills were playing against. Now I got it :pirate: I will remember to judge Trent in 08 the same way.

Also remember that the credit goes to the quarterback who starts the game. It does not matter how many plays they are involved in after that initial play. <_<

Fair or not, qbs in this league are judged by wins & losses. Is it all on the qb? Absolutely not, but unfortunately it is the nature of the position. After 31 starts, if Edwards has only 10 wins, I would hope the bills would be considering different options as well.

Also remember that the credit goes to the quarterback who starts the game. It does not matter how many plays they are involved in after that initial play. :pirate:

Look man, I do not make the rules but fair or not qbs are judged at least partially by their starting won/loss. When ytou have a starting record as poor as Losman's your probably not going to be a starter much longer as Losman is finding out this year.

Look man, I do not make the rules but fair or not qbs are judged at least partially by their starting won/loss. When ytou have a starting record as poor as Losman's your probably not going to be a starter much longer as Losman is finding out this year.

and you'd have to be a moron to hold a loss to a QB who only played the initial 4 plays of the game, along with crediting a win to a QB who got hurt in a tie after 3 quarters (which the backup came in and won).

The "10-21" as a starter thing is B.S., and it falls into the old 'there are lies, damn lies, and statistics" adage.

and you'd have to be a moron to hold a loss to a QB who only played the initial 4 plays of the game, along with crediting a win to a QB who got hurt in a tie after 3 quarters (which the backup came in and won).

The "10-21" as a starter thing is B.S., and it falls into the old 'there are lies, damn lies, and statistics" adage.

Why is it when anybody questions losman, they are automatically idiots? That is one game(NE game), Iam pretty sure if Losman was in there they would of loss too.

The starter thing is not BS. It is what it is. The jets game, Evans made a great play on a ball poorly thrown & into double coverage. Yeah we know, I will save you the time, you watched the tape & Losman did exactly what he was supposed to do, Looked off the safety for one second & threw a hail mary up to Evans.

Look man, I do not make the rules but fair or not qbs are judged at least partially by their starting won/loss.

Only by people who know little about the game and cannot comprehend how to evaluate quarterbacks.

...and no, this has nothing to do with Edwards/Losman. It is a general comment.

Only by people who know little about the game and cannot comprehend how to evaluate quarterbacks.

...and no, this has nothing to do with Edwards/Losman. It is a general comment.

Yeah, because I do not think Losman is a good qb I do not know anything about football? Your a piece of work. Let me ask you something, when no team gives Losman a starting job next year, what excuse are you going to make for him then? He has had 2 coaching staffs now, that both pretty much thought he stunk. You guys are right & the guys that see him everyday in practice & our the supposed experts are wrong.

Why is it when anybody questions losman, they are automatically idiots? That is one game(NE game), Iam pretty sure if Losman was in there they would of loss too.

The starter thing is not BS. It is what it is. The jets game, Evans made a great play on a ball poorly thrown & into double coverage. Yeah we know, I will save you the time, you watched the tape & Losman did exactly what he was supposed to do, Looked off the safety for one second & threw a hail mary up to Evans.

It's not the questioning losman that merits the 'idiot' label.. it's using your asinine logic, such as "I am pretty sure if Losman was in there they'd have lost too". The fact is, when JP got hurt, the game was tied 0-0.

And even before that pass that ended up a touchdown, there was a field goal drive led by Losman that put Buffalo ahead. Yet, the win gets credited to Edwards.

And while you're saying that the pass to Evans wasn't perfect (it wasn't), were every one of Tom Brady's TDs to Randy Moss last year perfect? No. Sometimes all you have to do is put a ball in the area where your playmakers can make a play.

It's not the questioning losman that merits the 'idiot' label.. it's using your asinine logic, such as "I am pretty sure if Losman was in there they'd have lost too". The fact is, when JP got hurt, the game was tied 0-0.

And even before that pass that ended up a touchdown, there was a field goal drive led by Losman that put Buffalo ahead. Yet, the win gets credited to Edwards.

And while you're saying that the pass to Evans wasn't perfect (it wasn't), were every one of Tom Brady's TDs to Randy Moss last year perfect? No. Sometimes all you have to do is put a ball in the area where your playmakers can make a play.

Fine, take the NE game off & the add the jets game & his record still stinks. Iam not saying it is all on him but if your like KRC that is saying that QBs do not get judged in this league, at least partially by their win/loss record, that is assinine.

& dont you think that comparing a qb that just won the super bowl to a guy like Losman is ridiculous also?

Yeah, because I do not think Losman is a good qb I do not know anything about football? Your a piece of work. Let me ask you something, when no team gives Losman a starting job next year, what excuse are you going to make for him then? He has had 2 coaching staffs now, that both pretty much thought he stunk. You guys are right & the guys that see him everyday in practice & our the supposed experts are wrong.

Obviously, the whole "...and no, this has nothing to do with Edwards/Losman. It is a general comment." got by you.

Idiot.

Fine, take the NE game off & the add the jets game & his record still stinks. Iam not saying it is all on him but if your like KRC that is saying that QBs do not get judged in this league, at least partially by their win/loss record, that is assinine.

& dont you think that comparing a qb that just won the super bowl to a guy like Losman is ridiculous also?

Yeah, his record isn't good. I agree.

And I didn't mention anything about Eli Manning, the super bowl winning QB.

The only reason I brought up Brady is that 1. he's good 2. he connected with Randy Moss a whole lot this year and 3. All his scoring passes to Moss weren't "picture perfect" and some should have been intercepted.

Which is also why I said, "Sometimes you need to put the ball near your playmakers and let them make a play"

Obviously, the whole "...and no, this has nothing to do with Edwards/Losman. It is a general comment." got by you.

Idiot.

Okay, your smarter then everybody else because you do not think (at least by knowledgable football people like yourself) QBs should get judged by their win/loss record. So what you are saying is QBs do not play no role on any given sunday in their team's outcome?

Man you really are a f*cking retard.

Okay, your smarter then everybody else because you do not think (at least by knowledgable football people like yourself) QBs should get judged by their win/loss record. So what you are saying is QBs do not play no role on any given sunday in their team's outcome?

Man you really are a f*cking retard.

:pirate:

I have to say, the more I read your posts, the better I feel about my football knowledge. This is hysterical. <_<

We'll just have to wait and see what Dick/Turk/Trent can do this year. On paper they look like an awesome trio and I'm sure they will keep defensive coodinators up all night game planning against this potent offense.

Personally I think JP might be in the best position, the first one of the Bills QBs to get the opportunity to play for another team.

We'll just have to wait and see what Dick/Turk/Trent can do this year. On paper they look like an awesome trio and I'm sure they will keep defensive coodinators up all night game planning against this potent offense.

Personally I think JP might be in the best position, the first one of the Bills QBs to get the opportunity to play for another team.

If he gets another opportunity. I really think unless he gets an opportunity to play this year(highly likely) & plays well (highly unlikely imo) there are going to be very few teams that will be willing to bring him in for anything more then a 2nd/3rd string position.

I agree.

IMO Kicker (Tyne/Lindell) is a push.

The Bills have IMO a better OLine, better starting RB, better P, better ST Coverage,

The Giants have a better overall Defense, better WRs, better TEs, better RB core, and better....................QB <_< Deal with it :pirate:

wow! I didn't realize the Bills were that close to winning a super bowl

Yet, every period of time that a different QB than Losman (be it Bledsoe, Holcomb or Edwards-the 3 QBs who have started during JP's years here) starts, the BILLS have a better TEAM than the Bills. Just look at the W-L records with the same TEAM.

wasn't your topic the Giants? way to change the subject