lynch case to be solved within days

Well, if its anything like his legal advice........................

Yeah, plus something tells me that a guy who sneaks his own liquor into bars ain't exactly splurging on auto insurance. This guy probably has the state minimum, which means ML could be digging deep out of his own pockets. And that, probably more than anything, will help him learn a leson out of this whole fiasco.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, plus something tells me that a guy who sneaks his own liquor into bars ain't exactly splurging on auto insurance. This guy probably has the state minimum, which means ML could be digging deep out of his own pockets. And that, probably more than anything, will help him learn a leson out of this whole fiasco.

I thought both the Porsche and Escalade were both owned by auto dealers. Who pays for the insurance? I would think they do, but maybe I'm wrong.

Don't be so sure about that. It assumes that he has insurance, plus we have no idea what his limits of liability are. Insurance only pays up to that level, Marshawn is on the hook for anything over and above. Wealthy folks usually also get an umbrella policy to protect their assets, but who knows what kind of investment advice he's been getting at this young point in his career.

The car is owned by a new car dealership. Rest assured an umbrella policy with at least $2 million is in place. More than enough to solve the claim based on what we know IMO.

I don't think any DA is going to just throw someone a plea deal before they have even had a chance to speak with the person

And I think that by refusing to co-operate with the police and speak with them, you are going to convince a DA to give you a plea. Why would the DA now want to help out someone who is making the case drag on longer then it ever should have because he refuses to talk?

It hasn't exactly "dragged on", as these things go, its moving quite fast. That is how deals are done. The atty and the DA haggle back and forth. "If the facts are this, I'll give you that" Done all the time.

The very reason it hasn't resolved yet is the inherent difficulty in the situation. DA doesn't want to commit to too light of a deal if the facts justify something more. The suspect doesn't want to provide those facts until he has a deal in hand because its his only bargaining chip. To the extent this is "dragging on", that is why. The attys have to haggle and dance around the problem of who goes first.

I stand by my original comment, Lynch can't accept a deal because one hasn't been offered though we know his atty tried to get one the Monday after the accident. Its not Lynch who is necessarily to blame for the matter not being resolved yet.

Unless I missed something (which is possible), no photo of the hit an run has been issued. There have been no eyewitness reports, or even rumoured reports that she was drunk. Yet, she has been characterized by some of you as a fat, drunken slut, just waiting for this to happen. Shameful...

Judge for yourselves.

http://www.wgrz.com/news/local/story.aspx?...mp;provider=top

Don't be so sure about that. It assumes that he has insurance, plus we have no idea what his limits of liability are. Insurance only pays up to that level, Marshawn is on the hook for anything over and above. Wealthy folks usually also get an umbrella policy to protect their assets, but who knows what kind of investment advice he's been getting at this young point in his career.

correct, and fair. i assume he had insurance because had he not, i assume it would have been part of the discussion on the local level. new york requires personal injury benefits up to $50k minimum, again, my assumption is based on the injuries he had adequate coverage there (you can go as high as $175k). his umbrella coverage, if indeed he had any, would address liability, not medical payments, athough unreimbursed medical payments would, i suppose be part of any proposed liablity settlement down the road.

again, my assumption is it takes quite a while before the book is closed on the liability side of things. way too many factors and way too early.

Lynch is just another one of those low rent people who win the lottery and have no idea how to conduct themselves. In fact I bet he is so insulated from criticism and good advice that he has learned absolutely nothing from this.

Hi, Willis. How's Baltimore?

Unless I missed something (which is possible), no photo of the hit an run has been issued. There have been no eyewitness reports, or even rumoured reports that she was drunk. Yet, she has been characterized by some of you as a fat, drunken slut, just waiting for this to happen. Shameful...

It's been assumed that Lynch was drunk when he ran her over in cold blood and watched her bleed to death while maniacally laughing as he backed-up and then sped off [/dramatization]. Why couldn't she have been drunk? What else was she doing out at 3:30 that morning? Maybe she was drunk, her judgment was impaired, and she jumped into the side of the car?

It's been assumed that Lynch was drunk when he ran her over in cold blood and watched her bleed to death while maniacally laughing as he backed-up and then sped off [/dramatization]. Why couldn't she have been drunk? What else was she doing out at 3:30 that morning? Maybe she was drunk, her judgment was impaired, and she jumped into the side of the car?

Whatever...it seems that Marshawn is getting an overwhelming benefit of a doubt from the posters here. It wouldn't matter who was drunk, he still handled this wrong...

No, not true, at least not by most posters I've read. certainly there's been an awful lot of debate about how it could or should have gone down, and whether he or someone else was driving, etc.

The reality is, using reasonable judgement, in most cases a person knows when they have hit something--be it a curb in a parking lot, a shopping cart, a deer, a dog and a person. The standard established is that when you hit something, typically you want to know what you hit for several reasons: Is my car ok? Is it driveable? Did I hit someone/something? Is it/Are they ok? When you factor in when and where this accident took place, I'd think it reasonable to assume it just might have been a person (drunk or otherwise) that you hit or jumped into the side of your car. Either way---if it's your fault of theirs, you stop to see if they are ok, unless you're worried about something else at the same time.

Even assuming she caused the accident, that doesn't change the reasonable standard that should be applied to this. Do your problems lessen or go away when you leave the scene of the accident because some chick drunk on multiple molson's and reeking of unfiltered cigarettes bull-rushed your car? In that scenario, you actually create a problem for yourself where one didn't exist before, right? that's pretty basic stuff you learn when you get your license.

Anyway, it kills time to kick it around. I'm in the camp of saying that since whomever was driving didn't stop, Lynch should see it through and work through his attorney. Sounds like whomever was driving dodged a bullet, because it's pretty clear someone hit the girl, and that someone ultimately will be identified, and if she was brain dead after the accident it would be a heck of a lot worse than it's going to be.

In California the pedestrian ALWAYS has the right of way, no matter what. I'm assuming it's the same in New York state. So it doesn't matter what the hell she was doing, the driver has to be aware and in control at all times to avoid pedestrians. Short of her running out from between cars like a small kid would chasing a ball, there are few exceptions where it's deemed an accident and you get a pass.

In California the pedestrian ALWAYS has the right of way, no matter what. I'm assuming it's the same in New York state. So it doesn't matter what the hell she was doing, the driver has to be aware and in control at all times to avoid pedestrians. Short of her running out from between cars like a small kid would chasing a ball, there are few exceptions where it's deemed an accident and you get a pass.

What if she was magically teleported to that spot and Lynch had no time to stop......reasonable doubt!

In SC the law states pedestrians must yield to cars.

I have been drunk many times but I cant recall any times where I jumped into the side of a car..lol...Mustve been a hell of a night...

I have been drunk many times but I cant recall any times where I jumped into the side of a car..lol...Mustve been a hell of a night...

I "had a friend" who pretty much did just that in San Diego a few years back. We came out of pub after several Irish Car Bombs in the Gas Lamp Quarter. He was looking at me talking when he stepped off the sidewalk against the light at a crosswalk and right into the rear fender of a moving car. He fell down, but, alas, the car did stop, mostly to check his car for damage.

Word among those tracking the WNY news cycle is that today is the day the DA is hoping to announce a first step into putting this to rest, as far as criminal matters go.

Word among those tracking the WNY news cycle is that today is the day the DA is hoping to announce a first step into putting this to rest, as far as criminal matters go.

"Investigators do not believe that Hardy was part of the Chippewa expedition."

But, but, but....Hardy's evil. He must have willed the accident to happen, or pursuaded ML to join him on the dark side, even if he was somewhere else.